• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkrai's Midsummer Night's Dream! (1163)

D

Deleted member 384931

Dawn went there to get inspiration from Pokemon...dancing...whatever their name was. The show the anime even barely touched upon for a minute that Ash crashed himself. Not sure why she'd do that when the anime barely cared.
Lol true. An episode WITH DARKRAI in the name and it BARLEY appeared

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I love this episode , really miss dawn so much , best part of me from this episode is the girl side , i wish this was 3 parter T.T

Dawn and koharu interaction is really remind me of Ash and GoH interaction in early series

BlueLight

Wow, excellent start to this little arc. I also wish that this was a three-parter as nothing really happened other than establishing the story, so next week will be jam packed with a reunion, a few battles, some misunderstandings, a departure and conclusion. Kinda sounds….stuffed to me.

But I still loved this episode because it was able to carry out the return of an old character without having to rely on Ash. Or even mention him. Chloe’s met Dawn on her own terms. Speaking of, I love how they showed how much of a rookie she is. She tried to pack too much, avoided a battle, ran from a wild encounter, struggled to start a fire and insisted on following the guide. I loved how she and Dawn bickered about her rigidness because being so strict was basically her initial character, but she’s a trainer now, so she’s gotta cut loose. And that hand-holding scene~something tells me a certain red-headed rival’s not gonna like that….and I ain’t talkin about Kenny lol

And oh right, those two boys were doing something this episode. Trying to figure out why people aren’t sleeping and stuff. The TR nightmare was funny and all, but I’m here for Twerp in Boots, sorry. Show Ash and Dawn doing their high five thing, have him use her catchphrase and let’s move on to somehow stopping two sets of Team Rocket baddies from hurting two mythicals in 25 minutes.

Also, I didn’t catch what town Chloe went to, but was anyone else expecting a Lake Trio cameo when Chloe was ogling that water?
Me. I too was expecting one of the Lake Trio to show up.

Lionel_B

Happy to see that Dawn is consistent... with its version of the Black & White series. Because in the Black & White series, she had so regressed to the point where I can not imagine this girl doing all alone, here it's the same. I complain about the fans of the character, and I more and more afraid of a masacre of May if she returns (compromise, because her seiyu retired, but I will be depressed if we do not make reference to my favorite Maingirl). I have the impression that it will be the opposite of Iris : for Iris there is a lot to say, but we do that only one episode, and for Dawn, there is little to say, but It will take 2 episodes.

Otherwise, I liked the passages on Ash and Goh, and the development of Chloe and Eevee is interesting, but I'm a little irritated that Yamper is totally put aside while it is the first Pokémon de Chloe, in case where we would have forgotten...

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well what can I say, after finally watching the episode it was great for me. I was smiling the whole time, theres small issues I had but overall I really enjoyed seeing Koharu on her own adventure and I REALLY enjoy when she and Dawn got together (obviously), their dynamic was just super good, a bit different from past pokegirl relationships which were moretly casual and frictionless if they werent mentor-y. I think her and Koharu make great foils for eachother since the latter is more level headed, practical and straightforward but also less well travelled and still doesnt quite "get" what it means to be a trainer on a journey yet so Dawn kinda shows her that! To me the best companion comebacks are when they show their growth while also helping and inspring members of the new cast in some way and so I hope Koharu learns more from the experience by the end of this two-parter, they're off to a great start so far!

Also gotta give props to the writers here, they nailed Dawn down perfectly its like they didnt miss a beat with her. Shes spunky, fun loving kind but also klutzy, a bit stubborn and can be immature sometimes and isnt afraid to butt heads with others but thats why I love her! She feels like a mutli facteded character still and im glad they kept that beacuse itss one of her charm (up) points.

The other stuff with Ash/Gou is mostly just set up for next week so not much to say there but man im so PUMPED for a proper "high touch" reunion next week. I only wished Dawn appeared sooner in the ep because im greedy but otherwise? 100/10
You perfectly encapsulated my thoughts with this! All the people saying they wasted time with Chloe in the beginning rub me off the wrong way, the time we got was needed imo to show her in the journey imo and fits her character, plus I like the parallel they did with Dawn! Just seeing that journey of her as we get the buildup to Dawn while Ash and Goh chase after Darkrai was perfect pacing! There could be a problem that next week's episode is a episode that would be better split in two, but this episode pacing was perfect. And CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE MUSIC here? It was amazing!

UglyToast

I finished watching the episode, and I want to say it was pretty good, It seems like Darkrai this time might not be evil and I'm okay with it.
8/10 for me.

LazySpy

Kimty
Okay, so this was mostly a good episode. I do have some pointers, though:
Why doesn't anyone besides Ash and Goh seems to be invested in stopping the nightmares?
Even the one Officer Jenny we see talks about how bad the situation is, but doesn't mention any ongoing efforts to investigate/stop the issue, which makes me think there aren't any which is very hard to believe if this has as bad of an effect on people's lives as we are both shown and told. There were seriously more people trying to stop electricy theft than this sh*t.

Second, I am currently going through Diamond and Pearl and I'm only 14 episodes in, and whilst Dawn was indeed a little careless, I don't see it being to such extent as in this episode and it does come across a bit as exxagarating this trait, she was a lot more mature. Her interactions with Chloe were sweet, though, and Chloe was really, really good throughout.

Third, Chloe and Dawn just running into Cresselia by complete accident. It's up to the next episode how significant that is for the plot, though.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time.
When Go enquired if Ash had met Darkrai, I liked that Ash was subtlety referring to Tobias' Darkrai when saying it was strong in battle. I mean I figured Ash would mention that he has met a Darkrai before, but I was expecting a subtle mention to the New Moon Island one tbph. Now if I can rank the excuses of Sakuragi vs Yoshino for having to cancel the family holiday, I'd say Yoshino's is more valid as it's work related, not that Sakuragi's isn't also work related as well, but as stated there were other people in the lab. Matori roping in JJ&M to capture Cresselia was at first out of character for her considering her and he Matori Matrix would be more than capable of doing that, but then when she said post phonecall "if they fail, it'll be their fault" it was at that point that I was thinking that's more on brand for her. Koharu packing so much stuff for her trip only for it to be replaced with a back with the essentials was definitely reminiscent of when Dawn started on her journey and I do think the two girls rubbed off each other in their interactions, of course when Dawn said "I'm fine, I'm fine" upon tripping over the bush, I wouldn't be surprised if she said "no need to worry" in the dub. One thing I did overlook, and I will say that I overlooked this because I didn't even notice it in JN008 is that the eyes on Dawn's Piplup are now blue, whereas in JN008 and all of its species' other appearances, the eyes were black. In retrospect I am kinda glad that the contest in Eterna is looking to be a off-screen thing (despite Koharu and Eevee wanting to watch it) though given the preview clips, I really shouldn't have been surprised, though I was surprised to see Johanna make an appearance. One final thing I'm going to mention is that the scene with Renji and Kikuna imitating Team Rocket alongside Yamper and Mr Mime was amusing.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Cute episode; it’s great to see Dawn come back and her friendship with Koharu. The exasperated and reluctant Koharu with the cheerful, adventurous Dawn makes for a cute dynamic. Piplup storming into the campsite was classic Piplup too; I missed him.

Apparently Unova has Contests now? Only Musicals existed in BW, from what I can remember. That’s interesting. It’s seeming more and more unlikely that Dawn is a Top Coordinator, which annoys me but I’ll withhold judgement until the next episode. It’s good to hear that she’s made progress in so many regions nonetheless.

I’m just excited to see Ash and Dawn reunite. The preview hyped me up for that. I also hope Koharu actually participates in the Contest (and decides to be a Coordinator) but I don’t really think it’ll happen.