• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darth Maul: Cancelled Wii/U Star Wars Game You'll Never Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
One of the new feature exclusives in Game Informer's May 2014 Issue discussed about the creation of a what could have been a Nintendo exclusive (Wii and Wii U, which could have indicated a cross-gen title) Star Wars game. The game would have starred Darth Maul of Star Wars Episode 1 A Phantom Menace, and would have focused on his origins, from being kidnapped as a kid, to being trained into the ranks of Sith.

I think you have to be subscribed to them to read (not quite sure), but there are some things you can still see

Some concept arts:
www.gameinformer.com/b/features/arc...th-maul-game-you-39-ll-never-get-to-play.aspx

Nintendoenthusiast has a nicely organized selection of quotes from the issue:
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/...l-as-well-as-the-entire-project-fell-through/

One thing that gets me is this
'“due largely to Nintendo not meeting financial demands to make it a first-party project,” Game Informer reports. As a result, development was extended to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, and Wii U.'

What exactly does that mean? Nintendo failed to meet financial demands? Maybe Nintendo was already doing R&D for the Wii U when this game was pitched? The Wii was still kinda printing money back in late 2010, so I don't know why they didn't fund this. Maybe Nintendo didn't find a Star Wars game financially viable despite The Force Unleashed I and II selling over 2 million each on both PS3/Xbox 360? Or maybe another case of Nintendo Of America not being able to do jack squat? The game did change platforms to the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, and PC before finally being cancelled.

What do you guys think? Would you have liked a game starring Darth Maul? What do you think of the character Darth Maul? Love or hate his design? Would you have bought a Wii U for this game if it got released and was Nintendo exclusive? Comment and discuss!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
My GameInformer hasn't come in yet, but I looked at the concept art, the video, and the excerpts from the developers.

I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, but I do like the original idea of having the story based on Darth Maul's training in Sith, with the gameplay resembling a more aggressive incarnation of stealth genres. His design is very, well, evil-looking; it would be interesting to see how that works if the game depicted a young Maul prior to his Sith reconstruction.

It could've sold me a Wii U, even.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I would've liked a game starring Darth Maul. He's always been one of my favorite characters, and I had no idea about this game. If I didn't already have a Wii U though, I don't think this would've been enough for me to get one.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That would have been awesome. I love Darth Maul.
I don't have a Wii U though so I couldn't get it.

SkyTheMagicalSpiritualFox

A wild Heavenly Fairy Type Creatures Appeared!
And a other reason for people to not buy a wii U
And this is also other reason nintendo need to change and do something and fast!!

Attachments

• post-11526-0-88983300-1351261585.jpg
    post-11526-0-88983300-1351261585.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Closing this thread. It would have fit better in the existing Wii U Discussion Thread, but that that thread has long disappeared. The topic at hand here doesn't appear to be sparking worthwhile discussion anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.