• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dartrix the Master!!! Rowlet the Sleeperzzz (1040)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just realized the Eevee segement is why the classmates' Pokémon were on the VA list

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, finally an episode in the LGPE arc that I actually really liked. Rowlet got some really solid development in this episode, simple as that. Thank goodness Hau and Dartrix, you finally knocked some real sense into that lazy owl and pushed it to work hard. Rowlet's callous loss to Dartrix first time really stirred it up, and Rowlet finally shook off its laziness and started training and working hard for a rematch.

The training part of Rowlet trying to learn Seed Bomb was ok, with it practising hitting targets with taking a pebble in mouth and aiming via spitting it up, and eventually happening to learn and master Seen Bomb but....seriously, at the end of the episode it sort of seemed like Rowlet needs that pebble as a compulsory object in order to use Seed Bomb, even after it had mastered the attack, the way it picked up the pebble from the ground in a real hurry. Really? That means Rowlet's Seem Bomb attack entirely depends on that object. Yeah, that looks quite BS to me.

The rematch was OK, Rowlet was really put at a disadvantage and it showed good enough tenacity and toughness to tank that many direct hits, but the finishing move being the Z-move Bloom Doom....looked a bit cheap way to get victory for me. Seriously writers, keep the type effectiveness in mind, Dartrix freaking 4x resists Bloom Doom.

But Rowlet getting some really solid development is all that matters for me at this point, and that part was done really well, no doubt. Dartrix is a really good rival for Rowlet, being the total opposite of Rowlet, unlike Rowet's lazy and sleepy attitude, it's really lively and active. It really gave Rowlet solid development by defeating it hard first time and helping Rowlet to brush off its laziness.

Hope to see more of you in the future Dartrix, you are just the kind of rival Rowlet needs, Rowlet needs you to get better! :D

Lastly, having Rowlet's family, a.k.a. the Pikipek family here was nice as it gave subtle continuity reference to the early part of SM. :)

Overall, 8/10.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Good episode compared to other few, an actual good battle for the most part. I am a little disappointed that Rowlet won't evolve for Ash, BUT at least they aren't keeping us in suspense with "will it evolve or will it not?" type deal and they just gave it an everstone so we can be pretty sure it won't evolve. Also as if they're trying to say that is seed bomb... like how is that not fling?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
What the...how the hell is Rowlet even alive after swallowing that Everstone?

Fun episode. Battles were far from the best but the training scenes with Rowlet were good and it was nice seeing Rowlet’s family again! Also Hau was a fun character and I can’t wait to see him again in the future.

Lastly, Charjabug you lazy worm-cocoon thing stop making other Pokémon carry you. Exercise is good! It is cute seeing Marowak and Tsareena carry him tho but still.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
What the...how the hell is Rowlet even alive after swallowing that Everstone?

Fun episode. Battles were far from the best but the training scenes with Rowlet were good and it was nice seeing Rowlet’s family again! Also Hau was a fun character and I can’t wait to see him again in the future.

Lastly, Charjabug you lazy worm-cocoon thing stop making other Pokémon carry you. Exercise is good! It is cute seeing Marowak and Tsareena carry him tho but still.

Actually it hasn't swallowed the everstone it is just keeping it in his mouth as a catalyst for seed bomb, i am more intrigued how it hasn't swallowed the stone while being asleep.

Anyways it was a good episode and the battle was pretty good.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This was a great development episode for Rowlet. It was a cool addition for his parents to help him learn Bullet Seed (Seed Bomb, whatever) and I liked that even though Rowlet clearly gotten better by focusing more and utilizing it's quick movements, even when Dartrix was hit by his attacks, it felt like it put damage but it more or less brushed it off. Plus it was the Z Move that knocked out Dartrix instead of Rowlet's sheer strength that it couldn't have gotten overnight. It's weirdly disturbing watching Rowlet put an Everstone in himself but also a neat quirk (kind of reminds me of Oshawott's scaphel gag. I really think that'll be some sort of disadvantage later on if Rowlet loses it.)

I also really like Hau and how Rowlet and Dartrix are actually friendly rivals! The scruffy haired Eevee segment was enjoyable as always. It's like a callback from the first episode since Ash did sort of the same thing but didn't necessarily bother it.

Epicocity

So...is no one going to mention that Rowlet only lost because Ash dropped his Z-Crystal in battle? You know, the thing he always switches beforehand but somehow didn't to contrive a loss for Rowlet and then act like he needs more training.

I know this show isn't about battles anymore, but...is it really so hard to give actual thought to Ash losing a battle and not have it be something ridiculous? This is almost Elesa levels of bad, and that was just dumb overconfidence. This was just dumb on Ash's part.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Am I the only one bothered by how hau's dartrix somehow only knowing one move? that seems kind of...not ok to me. what happened to having multiple moves like I dunno, ominous wind or something? And again...another Z Move ending the fight even though it's resisted 4X. What? Still, great episode and fight. Nice intro for hau

Ignition

Am I the only one bothered by how hau's dartrix somehow only knowing one move? that seems kind of...not ok to me. what happened to having multiple moves like I dunno, ominous wind or something? And again...another Z Move ending the fight even though it's resisted 4X. What? Still, great episode and fight. Nice intro for hau
It has 2: Razor Leaf and Leaf Blade

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hau's definitely a novice without doubt, (though not as much as Sawyer when he first arrived). He still doesn't have a Z-ring or Z-crystal (clearly evident from how ecstatic he was to see a Z-ring in Ash's hand), and was stunned to hear that Ash has beaten his grandfather Hala. But for the sake of Rowlet's development at this point I'll take Ash losing to a novice anyway.

I don't think Hau's eventually gonna become as skilled and good a trainer Sawyer became at the end of XY(Z), though. :)

Last edited:

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So...is no one going to mention that Rowlet only lost because Ash dropped his Z-Crystal in battle? You know, the thing he always switches beforehand but somehow didn't to contrive a loss for Rowlet and then act like he needs more training.

I know this show isn't about battles anymore, but...is it really so hard to give actual thought to Ash losing a battle and not have it be something ridiculous? This is almost Elesa levels of bad, and that was just dumb overconfidence. This was just dumb on Ash's part.
Eh, it definitely looked really dumb, but for the sake of Rowlet's development that much was I guess....needed. The writers are completely ignoring type-effectiveness here, and Hau is a novice trainer. Making Ash lose to Hau whilst Rowlet successfully using the Z-move would've looked cheap then.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Extremely curious why the writers think a giant Archer Owl isn't marketable? Wouldn't kids go bananas for that concept?

Other than Sceptile its probably one of the more appealing and cool looking final grass evos. And Pokken really highlights now cool it looks in motion.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Extremely curious why the writers think a giant Archer Owl isn't marketable? Wouldn't kids go bananas for that concept?

Other than Sceptile its probably one of the more appealing and cool looking final grass evos. And Pokken really highlights now cool it looks in motion.
Japan likes Tiger Mask more than the Green Arrow, silly.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Maybe cuz the writers want Decidueye to be one of Ash's potential primary rivals this saga, Hau's ace Pokemon. ;) Sawyer had a Sceptile just in the previous series.

Ayawan

HE Won!!!
Great development episode for Rowlet. Just wonder if Rowlet can hold everstone while performing Z-move (which requires another item) at the same time.

Ignition

Great development episode for Rowlet. Just wonder if Rowlet can hold everstone while performing Z-move (which requires another item) at the same time.
It used Bloom Doom in this episode....

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.

It's a natural mistake and you and I both know that was only used to get them to cut the battle short. I'm more upset about Rowlet not dodging and panicking unlike Litten ad Pikachu who can actually move instead of freezing up. And besides, Dartrix is way stronger than Rowlet and it's Rowlet's own fault for not paying attention more often. There's a reason why in the title, it's says "Rowlet the Sleeperzzz". Rowlet wasn't taking the battle that seriously and kept spacing out. Ash isn't entirely to blame when Rowlet could've acted on his own.