• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dartrix the Master!!! Rowlet the Sleeperzzz (1040)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Rowlet ate an Everstone? Holy crap, this is stupid. What a way to come back into "canon episodes" from all that useless filler.

I guess we'll have to just worship Ash's future Incineroar. *sigh*

Xuxuba

Watched it for Hau and Mokuroh. It has been a very long time since i last enjoyed a sm episode like this.

Mokuroh is one of the few pokemon that have a strong personality but is not one dimensional by any means. He can be funny, agressive, lazy, passionate, strong and weak depending on the situation. And i love that about him.

Red and Blue

So Eevee just attacks Pokemon it likes? I love it so much. It has so much personality.

Henry's Journey

Nice episode debut for Hau and Dartrix, I see Hau coming back stronger for the league a la Sawyer.

Well, everstone for Rowlet and the chances of evolving go away, I think Rowlet has showed it has potential while still being a comic/gag Pokemon so I hope it pulls another Bulbasaur/Squirtle and NOT another Oshawott/Snivy/Totodile (I like the little guy but it didn't do much in Johto).

Oh and Eevee finally meets with the Alolan mons, he headbutted everybody, lol he's so hyper! (catch it, Ash plz) :p

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
So Eevee just attacks Pokemon it likes? I love it so much. It has so much personality.

We have one more segment before we get an episode all about its capture. I like how they are building up to Eevee showing up for the main cast, it is kind of like the Mega Evolution special in X/Y. (That and Alain were pretty good.) In how it creeps Alain, Team Flare and the plot of that one into the series.

As for the episode. I like it.

Hau's introduction was short and too the point, Rowlet falling asleep and dodging Dartrix was freaking hilarious.

I liked how the Toucannon clan made a return, helped Rowlet out (AND connecting that Bird pokemon eat rocks for the same reason RL birds do.) Leading to the owl learning seed bomb.

At the exchange that the bird ate an everstone to do it, thus swallowing his chances of evolving. (Least we got an explanation as to why he isn't going to evolve.)

I also liked both battles, granted Ash dropping the Grassium Z was the main excuse for masalada boy to get the win. (I don't like Rowlet that much and it deserved to get beaten up!) Then the second battle, though full... ended off a Z move finisher, Bloom Doom could have looked better.

8/10 for me.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
everyone talking about rowlet and nobody talking about our malasada boi, I liked his introduction and most of his reactions, and his dialogue seems good, but I guess we'll have to wait for subs

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It ate an everstone?! Oh that's not even funny, that's just terrible. The literal equivalence to giving the middle finger.

If Dartrix and Decidueye are that bad for marketing they should have just used the Bulbasaur excuse, not do a repeat of Piplup.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
And not a single malasada was seen in this episode. I think the writers want to shield the viewers from his obsession with malasadas until the time comes.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And not a single malasada was seen in this episode. I think the writers want to shield the viewers from his obsession with malasadas until the time comes.
Really, this debut episode for Hau was all weird. He was entirely secluded from civilization, so no classmates meeting him, no Hala introducing him to Ash, or no malasada scenes with TRio.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Really, this debut episode for Hau was all weird. He was entirely secluded from civilization, so no classmates meeting him, no Hala introducing him to Ash, or no malasada scenes with TRio.
Well things they’re going to hold off until later so that people can keep their eyes glued to the screen after the end of the episode and wonder ‘When will all of this gonna happen?’

Red and Blue

I'm not upset about Rowlet staying as it is. Decidueye was off the table the moment we saw Hau with Dartrix and I just dont care for that middle stage Pokemon. Best of all we still get to keep the backpack gag.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Rowlet was seen spitting and swalowing the Everstone several times. I want to believe there's still a chance for Rowlet to evolve. Mainly because if Rowlet doesn't evolve, they once again are denying Ash the chance to have a Ghost Type in his team. Besides, I don't count with Hau's Dartrix staying like that. If Hau's Dartrix evolves to Decidueye, then Rowlet will have to evolve to Dartrix, at least.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Oh my God. This episode was perfect. I don't think that Pokemon could find a way for me to love Hau even more. His enthusiasm to beat his Grandad and Ash, the bond he had with his Dartrix and that he reminded me so much of Sawyer from the XY series tells me that I'm going to love watching this guy in the future and will love watching his and Ash's Rivalry grow (with the Climax I assume is going to be at the Alola League). They nearly perfectly captured Hau from the games (I expect the Malasada antics will come in later episodes) and I think that he has the best voice of the entire SM series so far. Can't wait to see my boy grow as a trainer and build up an awesome team for the League like Saywer did. Also I can't wait for him to meet the rest of the SM gang.

The rest of the episode was really enjoyable and got me really excited to be watching this show after that Filler Hell (I think this is the only plot-relevant episode since the end of UB arc in September where they said bye to Poipole). The comedy was great and the animation really captured the energy of the Pokemon battle from the perspective of both the Pokemon and the trainers.

It was also nice to see Ash actually training for once (and to see Rowlet being something more than Comic Relief).

But, the part where Ash dropped his Z Crystal and the Everstone antics basically telling us that Rowlet probably won't evolve gives this episode a score of 9/10.

Next week's episode looks like it's gonna suck though.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Yeah, I wasn't surprised that Rowlet won't evolve. It's cute and marketable, seeing that it sleeps inside Ash's backpack. There's even some trolling about Rowlet spitting around the Everstone to practice the bullet seed move.

I thought they were making Ash the butt monkey again, when he lost against Hau and his Dartrix but after seeing Hau brief reaction about his loss near the end of the episode. I sympathize his win earlier.

So Eevee finally got to meet the cast Pokemons, thanks to Popplio's bubbles. It looks pretty strong too, some of the Pokemons even got injured from its headbutts. Can't wait for that Eevee to meet the human cast.

Good episode, better than some episodes before, thanks to Rowlet's development.

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!

I never liked Rotom Dex in the games, he was a living Dex and nothing more... then we had him in USUM where he keeps giving us advise we never asked for in exchange for O-Power.

In the Anime he is a living Dex that has a thing for a detective show, otherwise same level of annoyance. The episode looks like he is going to be a jerk about getting that fame and the previews better tell me otherwise, or I am only going to look forward to the last Eevee segment.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Oh my God. This episode was perfect. I don't think that Pokemon could find a way for me to love Hau even more. His enthusiasm to beat his Grandad and Ash, the bond he had with his Dartrix and that he reminded me so much of Sawyer from the XY series tells me that I'm going to love watching this guy in the future and will love watching his and Ash's Rivalry grow (with the Climax I assume is going to be at the Alola League). They nearly perfectly captured Hau from the games (I expect the Malasada antics will come in later episodes) and I think that he has the best voice of the entire SM series so far. Can't wait to see my boy grow as a trainer and build up an awesome team for the League like Saywer did. Also I can't wait for him to meet the rest of the SM gang.

The rest of the episode was really enjoyable and got me really excited to be watching this show after that Filler Hell (I think this is the only plot-relevant episode since the end of UB arc in September where they said bye to Poipole). The comedy was great and the animation really captured the energy of the Pokemon battle from the perspective of both the Pokemon and the trainers.

It was also nice to see Ash actually training for once (and to see Rowlet being something more than Comic Relief).

But, the part where Ash dropped his Z Crystal and the Everstone antics basically telling us that Rowlet probably won't evolve gives this episode a score of 9/10.

last week wasn't filler either (stufful joined TRio and Bewear)

xEryChan

Demon Child
Finally, an episode that did not bore me half to death. Honestly, this episode was really good. It’s great see Hau and Dartrix this episode, I also really love the development Rowlet got this episode. It was great to see Rowlet do something other than be lazy and sleep in Ash’s backpack all day.

I really enjoyed the training scenes. I’m glad Rowlet learned a move and it actually worked towards learning a new move because honestly, Rowlet learning razor leaf in the episode with Tapu Bulu felt really underwhelming and undeserving. Also, I guess we can say goodbye to the idea of Ash ever getting a Decidueye since Rowlet swallowed an Everstone here. I was also happy that Toucannon and Kerrappa I forgot its English name came back this episode came back this episode.

Overall, really good episode. 8.5/10.

PdGaming

So, is no one gonna bring up the fact that they referenced how ash has taught a pokemon bullet seed before (his treeko). What an obscure thing to call back to. He could've easily acted like he was learning it for the first time, but the fact that he can teach them because he has experience is a great bit of continuity.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
just watched it subbed, and while I'd get modded if I said specifically why, hau's introduction was definitely better with subs (or the whole episode, really)