• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dartrix the Master!!! Rowlet the Sleeperzzz (1040)

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I'm still weirded out Rowlet isn't dead for swallowing a damned rock. What, is his digestive system just going to...keep it in his stomach? That's not how biology works!

It's kind of explained in the episode that bird pokemon eat rocks to digest food. (Most RL birds to this, even though it doesn't exactly work for owls.) That is your explanation for why Rowlet is going to be perfectly fine.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm still weirded out Rowlet isn't dead for swallowing a damned rock. What, is his digestive system just going to...keep it in his stomach? That's not how biology works!
When you think about it birds have a way shorter digestive system than we do, right? And that partly has to do why they’re usually smaller than us. And anyway Zhydra explained it as in the reason for Rowlet and the other bird Pokémon eating rocks.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Shame it wasn't anything else than a freaking Everstone.

His chances of evolving have been swallowed, down the owls gizzard and he keeps eating that stone the first chance he gets after using that move.

At least we got a definite answer to whether or not Rowlet is going to evolve.

D

Deleted member 384931

I hope Hau will become more serious to the league.

Hammad80

Ash's Rowlet... a small "cute" bird-based Pokemon who has an Everstone forced onto them because the writers deem the evolutions too "ugly" or unsuitable for marketing. Yep, this screams Piplup all over again.

I knew Rowlet was likely going to be Dawn's Piplup 2.0, and now it's officially confirmed. RIP to Rowlet's chances of ever evolving. I just hate it when the writers clearly force a cute mascot status onto a small Pokemon like this. I know Masamitsu Hidaka said that he found Prinplup and Empoleon "too ugly", so I wouldn't be surprised if the writers state that Dartrix and Decidueye are too ugly for marketing.

Oh well, I guess there's still hope for Torracat to later evolve into Incineroar, because SSB Ultimate promotion. But I'm getting sick of the Fire-type starters always evolving, while the starters I wanted to evolve end up not doing so because of their evolutions' design being considered "ugly" in the face of the writers.
Couldn’t agree more with this. Rowlet was my favorite Pokémon in Ash’s arsenal. I really expected a strong decidueye out of it.

Hammad80

Hmm, finally an episode in the LGPE arc that I actually really liked. Rowlet got some really solid development in this episode, simple as that. Thank goodness Hau and Dartrix, you finally knocked some real sense into that lazy owl and pushed it to work hard. Rowlet's callous loss to Dartrix first time really stirred it up, and Rowlet finally shook off its laziness and started training and working hard for a rematch.

The training part of Rowlet trying to learn Seed Bomb was ok, with it practising hitting targets with taking a pebble in mouth and aiming via spitting it up, and eventually happening to learn and master Seen Bomb but....seriously, at the end of the episode it sort of seemed like Rowlet needs that pebble as a compulsory object in order to use Seed Bomb, even after it had mastered the attack, the way it picked up the pebble from the ground in a real hurry. Really? That means Rowlet's Seem Bomb attack entirely depends on that object. Yeah, that looks quite BS to me.

The rematch was OK, Rowlet was really put at a disadvantage and it showed good enough tenacity and toughness to tank that many direct hits, but the finishing move being the Z-move Bloom Doom....looked a bit cheap way to get victory for me. Seriously writers, keep the type effectiveness in mind, Dartrix freaking 4x resists Bloom Doom.

But Rowlet getting some really solid development is all that matters for me at this point, and that part was done really well, no doubt. Dartrix is a really good rival for Rowlet, being the total opposite of Rowlet, unlike Rowet's lazy and sleepy attitude, it's really lively and active. It really gave Rowlet solid development by defeating it hard first time and helping Rowlet to brush off its laziness.

Hope to see more of you in the future Dartrix, you are just the kind of rival Rowlet needs, Rowlet needs you to get better! :D

Lastly, having Rowlet's family, a.k.a. the Pikipek family here was nice as it gave subtle continuity reference to the early part of SM. :)

Overall, 8/10.
Agreed. They only used it as an excuse to make it not evolve. Also, the bigger point is that it’s straight up weird for it to be dependent on that seed.

Hammad80

So, is no one gonna bring up the fact that they referenced how ash has taught a pokemon bullet seed before (his treeko). What an obscure thing to call back to. He could've easily acted like he was learning it for the first time, but the fact that he can teach them because he has experience is a great bit of continuity.
Also how ash pretended like he didn’t know what an ever stone did *smh*

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Also how ash pretended like he didn’t know what an ever stone did *smh*
Continuity means nothing in the anime and unless the anime goes out of its way to beat you over the head with the fact something happened, then it didn't happen

Ash didn't travel with May or Dawn, only with Brock and Misty, and at some point in that journey, Brock decided to become a doctor

I haven’t watched SM in like forever, but I might just watch this one randomly since people are saying it’s good!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I haven’t watched SM in like forever, but I might just watch this one randomly since people are saying it’s good!
even if you don't end up liking the plot (I'll admit, there are a few stupid moments), the animation is amazing

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
The animation is leaps and bounds better than it's been for the past six Filler

And yes, Rockets getting Stuffel is Filler because it adds nothing to the team besides giving them an out at the end of the series, much like how Rotom may join the Detective show once Ash leaves in next week's episode

Hammad80

Continuity means nothing in the anime and unless the anime goes out of its way to beat you over the head with the fact something happened, then it didn't happen

Ash didn't travel with May or Dawn, only with Brock and Misty, and at some point in that journey, Brock decided to become a doctor
Wtf. This has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. You can’t actually believe this.
In all animes, new seasons are in continuity with previous seasons. In no anime that I have ever watched (that’s based on a story) have they made the main character forget everything that previously happened.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Wtf. This has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. You can’t actually believe this.
In all animes, new seasons are in continuity with previous seasons. In no anime that I have ever watched (that’s based on a story) have they made the main character forget everything that previously happened.

There are these things called "jokes", you know.

That was one of them.