• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dartrix the Master!!! Rowlet the Sleeperzzz (1040)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Wtf. This has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. You can’t actually believe this.
In all animes, new seasons are in continuity with previous seasons. In no anime that I have ever watched (that’s based on a story) have they made the main character forget everything that previously happened.

I thknk he was being saecastic.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm still weirded out Rowlet isn't dead for swallowing a damned rock. What, is his digestive system just going to...keep it in his stomach? That's not how biology works!
We've beaten physics and chemistry over the head with a burlap sack of ceramics and grapefruits already. Biology is just another checkbox to science as far as I'm concerned.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
We've beaten physics and chemistry over the head with a burlap sack of ceramics and grapefruits already. Biology is just another checkbox to science as far as I'm concerned.

I don’t see how this is against biology. Birds are known to swallow stones to help them break down their food.

I don’t know HOW the stones don’t get digested as well, though.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don’t see how this is against biology. Birds are known to swallow stones to help them break down their food.

I don’t know HOW the stones don’t get digested as well, though.
They do over time. They're stored in the gizzard rather than the stomach, however.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
They do over time. They're stored in the gizzard rather than the stomach, however.
A gizzard is a special type of stomach. The abrasion between the food and the gizzard stones help digest their food and the reason for that is because they don’t have teeth. The stones stay in the gizzard until they become too smooth where the bird either regurgitates or excretes them.

Overall a nice and simple biology lesson in the anime.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
First off, I'm going to give the writers credit for 1) acknowledging that Hau is Hala's grandson; and 2) giving us a good reason as to why Hau hasn't appeared before now—he was away from Alola with his father (which also references the fact that Hau's father had left in Alola in the games, too). So now Hau's absence makes sense. Secondly, Hau is pretty much as I imagined he would be. He is incredibly similar to Ash—cheerful, excitable, and full of energy—but he is different enough that he and Ash don't seem like clones of each other.

It was a little disappointing that Hau beat Ash the first time mainly because Ash got clumsy and dropped his Grassium Z and then got distracted looking for that rather than paying attention to the battle. (Really, Hau, I wouldn't get so excited over a win like that. :rolleyes:) At least Ash and Rowlet redeemed themselves in the second battle, which was actually a little exciting. And Hau and Ash's promise to battle again has me feeling pretty certain that Hau is going to be another rival for Ash.

Once again, Ash the Wacky Trainer strikes. I have to admit, though, while some of his training tactics this series have been a bit...unorthodox—butt-shaking to help Rockruff learn Rock Throw, spitting berries to help Rowlet learn Bullet Seed—it's nice to see him get more hands-on with training his Pokémon. And I want to know how he developed the ability to spit out berries like they were bullets. Seriously, Ash, what other talents have you been hiding? :p

On a sadder note... so much for my incredibly slim hope that Rowlet might evolve. :( At least the reason is plausible—Rowlet swallowed an Everstone, so it can't evolve unless it decides to spit the thing out. Which probably isn't happening, since it seems to like the way it tastes. It's still a little disappointing, though.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
There's two types of people watching the anime: the one that wants to see cute Pokemon and the one that wants to see badass evolved Pokemon. Finding the balance between these two is the question.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
There's two types of people watching the anime: the one that wants to see cute Pokemon and the one that wants to see badass evolved Pokemon. Finding the balance between these two is the question.
No, I think there are two more types of viewers:

1) The viewer who just wants to see Pokémon animated and doesn't really care whether or not they evolve.

2) The viewer who wants to see both cute Pokémon and evolved bad*** Pokémon, and may or may not care which Pokémon remain cute and unevolved and which Pokémon evolve and become bad***es. This type of viewer is a balance between your two types.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
So far, the one thing that the SM series has done right is having cute, well-animated (73% of the time) interactions between pokémon

It's just a shame character and story development had to take a seat in the back of the bus for that to happen

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
One issue with this episode I had was "seed Bomb" of rowletts... uhm I'm pretty sure that was fling and not seed bomb, even with no standards (a la writers), you should still keep to the description of your moves for the most part... like just because it's a rock doesn't mean it should still be called seed bomb.. it should be fling or some rock move.

Other than that, I'm happy Hau is here and we finally got to see Dartrix, but Ash wouldn't just drop his z-crystal either... I really think this episode wasn't well thought through.

Still catching up on this week's episodes and I'm now up to yesterday's: Hau and Dartrix's debut. Overall, this was a good episode, in my opinion. I don't mind Hau's voice, which I thought might annoy me. Dartrix was really cool, and I love that it got under Rowlet's skin and really motivated it to train, even at night punching a doll. Seeing Trumbeak and Toucannon was also very nice. We usually get so much focus on the regional bird family, but we haven't this generation, so I loved seeing them in action and re-visiting their connection to Rowlet. I'd love to think that off-screen Rowlet still visits them sometimes. The Everstone ordeal is meh to me. Whatever happens with it is going to happen regardless of what I think, lol.

The Eevee segment was cute again. So glad it's on Melemele Island and interacting with Ash and co's Pokemon. Generally, I think these Eevee segments are such a nice touch for the Sun and Moon series. Just seeing Eevee show up out of nowhere wouldn't have been anywhere near as satisfying as watching bits of its journey. Now I just wonder where it came from.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Rowlet just loves to sleep, haha. Hau and his Dartrix were also nice to see. Dartrix setting Rowlet up to get into battle mode and training mode, good. No time to sleep, grass owl! Very nice to see Trumbeak and Toucannon. I guess with Seed Bomb, Rowlet isn't going to evolve, thanks to the Everstone it eats after using Seed Bomb each time. Decidueye is the only one of the Rowlet family that needs a proper showing.

As for the Eevee segment, it was nice to see Eevee meeting up with Pikachu and the classmates' Pokémon. Funny way of saying hi to others, but I guess that's Eevee's way of saying hi.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
AN EVERSTONE!? NO!!! Why? Just why? All I wanted was for Ash to have a Decidueye, one of my all-time favorite starters. Is that too much ask? I had really hoped that Pokémon had put the unevolved Starter junk behind it after Unova (really, after Johto). There's just no good reason to not have it evolve. My hopes have been destroyed and I am now very sad.

Normally I'm not one to complain about Ash's incompetence, but him losing a battle due to dropping a Z-Crystal has to be an all-time low for him. Not really a way to make Hau look like a powerful rival.

What I find really odd about this episode is that it's been so long since Rowlet battled that it hasn't even battled since learning Razor Leaf, and now here it is learning yet another new move. Glad to see Rowlet finally getting some attention, but is it really that hard to get to battle every once in a while?

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Ash dropping the Z-crystal makes sense

He's excited about the battle, but he wasn't expecting one and wasn't prepared

At least in the second battle, he was a lot more focused

Meanwhile, Dartrix doesn't bother knocking Rowlet out of the Z-move with its ridiculously long wind-up period and stands there like an idiot and loses to something it quad-resists

What skill, what grace

Leonhart

Imagineer
So we met Hau here and got to see him defeat Satoshi's Mokuroh with his Fukuthrow. I thought that the loss was necessary since it motivated Satoshi to train Mokuroh, and I chuckled when that wild Dodekabashi tried to teach Mokuroh how to use Bullet Seed. At least when Mokuroh had a rematch with Fukuthrow, he won.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I'm so glad Rowlet is not gonna evolve, he's just the cutest and he must be able to sleep in Ash's backpack at all times. <3

The Everstone gag here made me laugh since it was like a way for the writers to rub Rowlet's nonevolution in their faces. I also think he's cute and would prefer to see him stay as a Rowlet.