• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dash, Charjabug! (984)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Dash, Charjabug!

Charjabug Races are very popular in Alola and Sophocles is a huge fan. Wanting to enter with his Charjabug, Sophocles recruits Ash and Kiawe to team up with him to enter a race, but his Charjabug seems very docile and doesn't move fast in the car. Wih lots of training done, when the day of the race comes, it proves to be tough for Sophocles. Would he be able to win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I ended up being pleasantly surprised by this episode. I found it hilarious (and kudos to Sophocles for getting one over the Genesect team)!

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
The Bewear moment and the Ridge Racer reference were the best parts for me. It was a nice episode for Sophocles and Charjabug but not really a memorable episode overall at least to me.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well at least it wasn't a total filler, Charjabug got as new move out of it if nothing else.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
As expected, a disappointing filler episode. Charjabug finally got to do something, but it was hardly memorable, and it hardly got any character development whatsoever. Ash being the centre of the slapstick(getting knocked out by a Charjabug) was as annoying as ever. 3/10.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
As expected, a disappointing filler episode. Charjabug finally got to do something, but it was hardy memorable, and it hardly got any character development whatsoever. Ash being the centre of the slapstick(getting knocked out by a Charjabug) was as annoying as ever. 3/10.

Saving a Charjabug from crashing isn't slapstick lmao.

Had Ash not saved him, Sophocles' Charjabug would have been out of the race.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Saving a Charjabug from crashing isn't slapstick lmao
It is. Basically being the buttmonkey as he has always been in SM, this time just for the attempt to save Charjabug from crashing.

den21

It is. Basically being the buttmonkey as he has always been in SM, this time just for the attempt to save Charjabug from crashing.

every ash incarnation would to this. and every of them got hurt when saving something and would be willing to do so.

and what was he supposed to do? let him crash or what

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Who the hell was going to save it then? Who?
If the writers made Ash save Chargabug successfully and not made him get hurt and knocked out, it'd have been much better, simple.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
If the writers made Ash save Chargabug successfully and not made him get hurt and knocked out, it'd have been much better, simple.

This is a Sophocles-focused episode. He had to get knocked out so Sophocles could get the victory.

It's as simple as that.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
This is a Sophocles-focused episode. He had to get knocked out so Sophocles could get the victory.

It's as simple as that.

Sophocles focused or Charjabug focused? It seemed the latter to me. I don't see what would've been wrong had Ash along with Chargabug got the victory.

And he did just that.

Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
But Ash did get the victory by being part of the team

Sophocles was just the final runner having made use of Charjabugs string shot to stop sliding on the ice

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Ash was a part of the team. He played his own part and let the trainer who owned Charjabug to finish the job. It's totally fair.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash was a part of the team. He played his own part and let the trainer who owned Charjabug to finish the job. It's totally fair.

And that's why we got to see Ash as the buttmonkey once again. That's not fair.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Sophocles focused or Charjabug focused? It seemed the latter to me. I don't see what would've been wrong had Ash along with Chargabug got the victory.

...Because Charjabug isn't his Pokemon.