• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dash, Charjabug! (984)

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Well, I liked Shiron using powder snow on the boys in the beginning, to cool them and things in the classroom lol, that was cute. The Bewear gag in the form of a motorbike was hilarious! It definitely made me lol. I also liked the ingenuity by Sophocles to have his Charjabug use string shot on his sneakers and the wheels on the Charjabug car to climb the icy hill and make it through the section. I also thought it was cool and fitting that Sophocles finished the race alongside his Charjabug, instead of Ash. Ash may have taken a spill, but he saved Charjabug and helped his team win the race. Kiawe had a cool role in this as well, being the pit crew. Last, I loved hearing the XY Elite Four theme being used during the race, that was cool.

Overall, this was a fun episode.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I saw the pic on Serebii's front page of the Charjabug with the bow at the starting line and all I could think of was The Great Snail Race :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
As repetitive and overdone as the Rocket-dan's cheating antics during competitions is, I didn't mind their inclusion here much, and at least they're getting attention again after being ignored during the Akala episodes. Maamane's Denjimushi receiving some much-deserved focus was a highlight, and I chuckled when Lilie's Rokon froze Satoshi, Kaki, and Maamane when they were ablaze with passion.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Also, after seeing this episode, Bewear Ride should be the new thing in USM for everything. He can fly you to cities, surf, effortlessly push and destroy rocks and boulders, and as of this episode, make his own motorbike, which should be our new bicycle in USM. Come on USM make this happen!!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
As if I missed this:

[img300]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJHrR0qUwAAEiFv.jpg[/img300]
[img300]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJHrR0hUwAAeTz1.jpg[/img300]

We Little Pokemon Academia now

Nafsika

It was a really good episode!!! I liked the scene with Vulpix froze the boys, boys` team up was a good call and give them the right position in the team!!! Bewear is getting better and better in every appearance, so funny!!! And I liked it that Charjabug and Sophocles won the race together!!! I still wonder what the price was!!! Does anyone know????

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Okay someone need to tell me this, did bewear came on bike or was that someother ride vehicle. That was by far the best bewear interference to date. As for the episode itself this was the pokemon version of formula 1. One another part of the epsiode was the charjabug wearing goggles, it was dope. This was a very funny filler.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I'm really hoping Bewear shows up next episode.
Even though it probs will (I mean, it's Bewear, the writer's are gonna milk the gag dry till the end of Alola), part of me doesn't want it to appear next episode, or to be specific stopping Team Rocket blasting off (Though I'd be fine if they blast off and end up in Bewear's arms as they fall like the first time they blasted off in Alola... to be realistic).

andrewscott48209

It was a really good episode!!! I liked the scene with Vulpix froze the boys, boys` team up was a good call and give them the right position in the team!!! Bewear is getting better and better in every appearance, so funny!!! And I liked it that Charjabug and Sophocles won the race together!!! I still wonder what the price was!!! Does anyone know????

If I had to guess, it would have to be chargabug merchandise.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I didn't find Bewear appearing that funny this time (I would've liked to see a bit more of it for longer), but I loved the reaction to it. The thing is that the Bewear gag could only work with the SM art style (namely the ridiculous faces) and I LOVE IT SO MUCH (the Oranguru episode was my favorite but this time was also hilarious).

Would have liked to see a bit more development of Sophocles since it's going to be another forty episodes until he gets another focus .
6.5/10

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
By the way, why did the bad team think a Timid nature would help? The cars were entirely powered on Charjabug's electricity, Charjabug itself wasn't doing any of the racing.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
By the way, why did the bad team think a Timid nature would help? The cars were entirely powered on Charjabug's electricity, Charjabug itself wasn't doing any of the racing.
But Charjabug was the one who determined how much electricity it emitted, so in a way, Charjabug was doing the racing. I'm not sure exactly how a Timid nature would help Charjabug win the race, but IIRC, it was related to Charjabug's speed. Recall that when the shiny Charjabug was hit by Meowth's blow dart, it took off and sped up, rather than slow down (which is what Team Rocket were trying to get it to do).

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Lightning McCharjabug!

Pros:

* Shiron cooling the bros

* Meowth being a racer

* Topu Keku - Bewear on a motorcycle

* Ash ded

Cons:

* Like many SM episodes, it executes well on a simple premise, but isn't going to be anything to remember

Thoughts

* Did they literally design an entire city for the race? Intense

Surprisingly entertaining for being a Sophocles episode. Pokemon Racing needs to be an actual main goal one day.

6/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 3/5/4/5.5/6/7.5/8/3/6/4
Average of episodes 31-40: 5.2/10
Average of episodes 21-30: 4.65/10
Average of episodes 11-20: 4.95/10
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
This is an awfully elaborate set up for a pokemon race but you know what? I can roll with it. The region seems to have a lot of competitive events and I think that is good. Watching each teams approach and strategy play out over the course of the race was interesting. I would not have been bothered if the race had lasted longer.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
"How can you throw us out for a silly little thing like cheating?!" Jessie asks a guard, providing an actually funny TPCi TR line.

Not a bad idea to keep that instance of vanilla SM's trainer battle theme for the beginning of the race, I'll admit. The rest of the soundtrack is dub stuff, just the usual good stuff. No standouts.

This episode was fun enough, I guess. But compared to the next one that aired today, it's nothing, hence my minimal comments.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This is how the SM fillers should be.
The boys definitely all have chemistry with each other... can't say the same for the girls.

I really hope they let Mareanie be a part of the disguises more often, we barely see her as it is. And it looks far more believable than Wobbuffett in a wig. I wish the TRio could have gone out in a better way than just ejecting Meowth by accident though
And this is definitely Bewear's best appearance.

Shiny Charjabug being in a shiny Genesect car was a nice touch(Still mad that never got to be an US event....)
It's nice that Charjabug got to do something while it's still a Charjabug, not much you can do with cocoon Pokemon.
10/10

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm glad Charjabug finally got to do something!

I'm surprised Lillie suggested Mallow's family's restaurant as a good place for pancakes when I would have thought the restaurant from episode 13 would have been better

I bet KingMinun LOVED that Emily Jenness dominated the episode with her commentary..actually, I thought it was funny Ash said "huh?" as soon as she spoke for the first time in the episode because it made it seem like he recognized her voice as Dawn's :)

And really? Sophocles and this random one-ep guy get the "electricity between the eyes" rivalry, that's previously only been had by actual rivals in Iris/Georgia and Serena/Miette?

Vipsoccermaster

A good filler episode for Sophocles and his Charjabug. There isn't much to say here, but the coordination and cooperation did wonders for Team Sophocles. The team with the special Charjabug faltered a lot, their lack of cooperation and coordination utterly made them fail to win the race. A team with good coordination and cooperation will win the race. Other than that, good to see Charjabug having String Shot as another one of its moves. As for the girls, they're a bit funny but very serious about their plans for the day. I'm sure they enjoyed their time together.

Congratulations to Team Sophocles for winning the 35th annual Charjabug Racing Event!