• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Date Expectations (391)

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Good episode, bad music. I didn't like the fact that the show shoved the same two or three new pieces of music down our throats over and over throughout the episode. Plus, the music played when Haruka watched the boat to Kinagi Town leave sounded too Casio-keyboardish to me.

El Ludy said:
It seems there were only 3 Donphan and none of them had a trainer.

No, there were a lot more than that.

Just out of curiousity, when Ash remembered Phanpy, did he use the term "little"?

Not that I heard. All I heard was him wondering if his Gomazou is doing well.

I think we should take Meowth to a Pokemon Center and get his brain checked because the Boss Dream of the day was so stupid I cried while I laughed. "Oh yea the Boss will have a great time practicing to be a clown by walking on the Donphan."

Team Rocket agreed with you. Throughout the sequence, Nyasu would offer a suggestion, and then one of the members of the gang would say how ridiculous it was. Here's a bare bones translation, which I'm sure Murg or someone else will correct later:

Nyasu: "If the Boss had a Donphan, he could use it as a bowling ball!"
Kojirou: "But won't it be too heavy?"
Nyasu: "It'll be OK. If Donphan is the ball, it can be used to score a strike!"
Musashi: "But if the Donphan hits a strike, won't it [keep going until it] breaks the wall?"
Nyasu: "Well, then, whenever the Boss needs to go somewhere, he can ride on top of Donphan!"
Kojirou: "But you can't keep your balance on top of a round object like that..."
Nyasu: "OK, OK. If it rolls around on the Boss' back, it can give him a nice massage."
Musashi and Kojirou: "That's too much!"

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
This had one of the better boss dreams I've seen in ages. Using the Dolphan for a bowling alley. I mean WTF? That could be deemed animal cruelty you know lol, funny nevertheless.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Was any of the new music a remix of any music from the games?

Well, this episode sounds really good, but I was for somereason expecting it to be.

Do the Donphan still sound the same as they did back in Johto, you know the "Do Pha!" noise they made. I think it has the best voice!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
ROFLOL. OMG, that was *SO* funny with Chimecho using scary face or astonish or whatever the heck it was using. :D :D :D I can't wait for Chimecho's episodes. I counted them down on my calendar, and I found Chimecho's first won't air until June 25 if there's no reruns or doubling up. :( I noticed that too with it using a face like Wobbuffet's when they blasted off. :D It was great to see Phanpy get a nod too.

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Hey, I'm, frickkin' Ms. Cleo. "Oh, it turned out to be enjoyable all in the end. ~^o^~!!!!"

It's about TIME Chimecho got some more recognition.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
I truely can not wait for this episode to be dubed as Donphan is my fav Johto pokemon. I am so happy that they decided to bring in another episode with it :).

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
This episode was good! Better then I had planned! Chimecho was so funny with its "Scary Face!" XD Maybe it was trying to use Night Shade? (Just a probably wrong assumption.) It was sweet how May was willing to lose her chance at the Grand Festival just to look for Max. Too sweet! ='} Oh, and just one question. What was the flashback involving May & Caroline about?

A

Ash's new pokemon

It seems to me that Snorunt with ice beam is the new Jigglypuff/Snubble/Exloud. Snorunt will get playful and either Team Rocket or Ash & co will become frozen. Nice......

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Dogasu said:
Man, EVERYONE knows Shuckle would make the perfect bowling ball. Even if all the juice in its shell spilled out everywhere.........yeah, get your mind out of the gutter, please 0.o;;
*ahem* Nice try Meowth, nice try~

I'm actually shocked that this episode wasn't a completely dire boredom bonanza. It definatly looked like it was heading that way judging by the rather uninteresting preview for the episode.

I'm glad Haruka has been getting so much character development lately. Its nice to see that other characters besides Ash can have their personallities developed so much. The fact she was willing to give up her dream of becoming a top coordinator, just so she could make sure her brother was safe was actually pretty hart-warming. Yes indeed, Haruka does rock.
Kinda annoyed Brock lacked character develpoment this time around though. Seems the preview mislead me AGAIN considering he narrated it >.>

Also, I'm a little saddened that Counter has now been down-graded to its old look. After seeing it being performed by a Wynaut in the previous episode, I expected it to stay like that from then on.
But its always refreshing to see Team Rocket haven't lost their charm. Seriously, they were just awesome in this episode, especially when they were crushed by the rolling Donphan. Flattened Seviper & Dustox = priceless XD

Can anyone who has actually seen this episode confirm what the entire scary-Chimecho issue was all about? Looking at the screencaptures doesn't really help in figuring it out, therefore I am quite stumped at this point~

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Gravy said:
Also, I'm a little saddened that Counter has now been down-graded to its old look. After seeing it being performed by a Wynaut in the previous episode, I expected it to stay like that from then on.
I don't think it has been downgraded. Wobbuffet was only getting started when it got hit (about three frames into the attack). I just examined the Wynaut's version, and it started glowing around the edges before the glow became visible over most of its body.

Can anyone who has actually seen this episode confirm what the entire scary-Chimecho issue was all about? Looking at the screencaptures doesn't really help in figuring it out, therefore I am quite stumped at this point~
Jessie got James to call it out, to use Heal Bell on them. It, for whatever reason, chose to use Astonish instead.

Heracross

Custom User Title
You mean Chiriin actually does something? o_O I can't wait to see this one now, it's about time the little guy did something besides float around.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Eh? No translation corrections from Murg? :p I'll just assume that he didn't take the time to look over it rather than go around thinking I translated something correctly for once.

So did anyone else notice how Satoshi wasn't the one to blast Team Rocket off? Haruka had her pokemon launch their attacks, and then the Donphan sent the Rocket trio packing, all while Satoshi just kind of sat in the background doing nothing. When was the last time THAT happened?

JazzJazz

Dogasu said:
So did anyone else notice how Satoshi wasn't the one to blast Team Rocket off? Haruka had her pokemon launch their attacks, and then the Donphan sent the Rocket trio packing, all while Satoshi just kind of sat in the background doing nothing. When was the last time THAT happened?

It's certainly been a while, even if another pokemon or a group of them do most of the damage it's usually pikachu's token electric attack that delivers the final, blastinf-off blow.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Dogasu said:
Eh? No translation corrections from Murg? :p I'll just assume that he didn't take the time to look over it rather than go around thinking I translated something correctly for once.
Kojirou: "But won't it be too heavy?"
Nyasu: "It'll be OK. If Donphan is the ball, it can be used to score a strike!"
Musashi: "But if the Donphan hits a strike, won't it [keep going until it] breaks the wall?"
Nyasu: "Well, then, whenever the Boss needs to go somewhere, he can ride on top of Donphan!"
Kojirou: "But you can't keep your balance on top of a round object like that..."
Nyasu: "OK, OK. If it rolls around on the Boss' back, it can give him a nice massage."
Musashi and Kojirou: "That's too much!"
The only part here that's significantly wrong is Kojirou's objection to the Boss riding it. "He isn't a ball-riding performer*!"

*An entertainer who balances on a large ball, staying on top as it rolls around.

Did James tell Chimecho beforehand for it to use Astonish?

I saw him whispering something to Chimecho, and Jessie and Mewoth seemed suspiscous of him for some reason.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Dogasu said:

Um, didn't in the last episode Beautifly and Masquerain blast them off?

V Faction

www.faction.com
Murgatroyd said:
Jessie got James to call it out, to use Heal Bell on them. It, for whatever reason, chose to use Astonish instead.

Wait, Astonish? Really? Now that definitely seems much more appropriate, compared to the one in Lilycove that looked like it was Uproar or Screech.

Chris

Old Coot
And once again, I have to say "I TOLD YOU SO!" Not even having seen the episode yet, the judgings of this episode proved that just because it had Johto Pokémon in it, didn't mean it wouldn't be good. Apparently any episode involving some form of love ends up turning out really good.

Just Chiriin's Astonish attack makes me really want to see this episode. ;-;