• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Date Expectations (391)

Yoshida Amane

SPPf's #2 Tracey Fan

CyberCubed said:
4kids did dub this episode, it's just that KidsWB skipped it for the brain dead reason that Jynx was in the following Contest.

*bangs her head on table* I still think this Jynx thing is so stupid.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Blazken said:
I still dont get why this one was skipped it had nothing to do with jynx at all

They probably figured this episode had heavy references to the Jynx Contest, (i.e., May missing the ferry to Pacidfiglog Town), and since they were skipping the Contest, they had to skip this one too because it was too heavily connected to it.

Which doesn't make much sense when you think about it, but this is KidsWb we're talking about.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I really have to say I liked this episode alot. Ash is such a sweetheart to tell May to go on without them. May is so noble in keeping her promise to her mother. So sweet!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Uh, folks, has it occurred to anyone that the donphan episode was delayed because of the foreshadowing that Phanpy's rejoining the show in what is now TWO WEEKS? The gap would have been much wider if they'd run it at the right time.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And they couldn't have just aired it like the Japanese did, foreshadowing Phanpy before the GF and Hoenn league?

KidsWB wouldn't delay an episode for the sake of Phanpy. Phanpy is in the opening you know, that's enough for the little kids to know it's returning to his team.

It was because of Jynx in the Contest, that's the real reason.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
CyberCubed said:
It was because of Jynx in the Contest, that's the real reason.
What about what I remember Dogasu mentioning, that it could be because of Sweeps Month, and they just wanted to skip to the all-purpose merchandising Munchlax? You know what they say, blame the Munchlax!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I have to say, I did enjoy this episode. :) It had a great mix of comedy and drama, which is always a plus with me. My two cents:

-- I liked Team Rocket calling out all their pokemon to protect them, then Wobbuffet gets called first to protect and goes flying before he can counter. LOL :D His unusually hesitant "Wobbuffet" at the end of the scene was interesting for a change.
-- Yay, another anti-boss fantasy. I liked James's deadpan "No more bowling alley either" at the end of the first fantasy.
-- Team Rocket getting flattened was LOL hilarious. I liked Ash's reaction when he found them frozen too.
-- Chimecho was hilarious in this episode. :D I liked also when Jessie was telling the pokemon to protect them James tells Chimie that it doesn't have to. :)
-- Awww, it was so nice to see Snorunt again. :( Not that Glalie doesn't kick butt in battle, but Snorunt was just so adorable. They should have introduced it sooner on the show.
-- May was also terrific in this episode. I liked that she was dedicated to making sure her brother was safe. The flashback to "There's No Place Like Hoenn" was nice too. I'm glad they kept continuity by having May only mention traveling with Ash, since Brock hadn't rejoined the group yet.
-- Oh yeah, and the donphan story was interesting.

Overall, 8.5/10. At least it was worth the wait. :)

Aptenodytes

-- Chimecho was hilarious in this episode. I liked also when Jessie was telling the pokemon to protect them James tells Chimie that it doesn't have to.
Hands down my favorite part of the show ^^ It was pretty good for a filler before the contest. I couldn't imagine it being better than it was when I saw it.

Battra

A good episode, it was nice to see the Donphan mating season and that the males test their strength against each other just like real life elephants. You now Ash and the gang definitely seem to encounter alot of Shiny Pokemon during their journeys, it's alot more than what i've encountered. It was funny to see Chimecho play a prank on Jessie and Meowth with Astonish instead of using Heal bell, and grats to Snorunt for learning Ice Beam it should definitely come in handy when the Hoen League Championships come around.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Great filler. Pokemon love is always so awesome. But I think Ash's Donphan should have gotten the girl. His Pokemon never do unless it's Butterfree.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode. but i didn't love the animation, awful.

And the shining Donphan was sweet.

6/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Too much love and mating going on between the Donphan for my tastes to be honest. I didn't like how Donphan was featured in this episode and not another more romantic Pokemon. I did appreciate the Shiny Donphan though since Shiny Pokemon are rare to see in the anime. Episodes that feature Shinies are always welcomed haha. This episode seemed a tad too filler-y so it gets a 3/10.

Last edited:
After watching this episode, I was thinking "Well, May is going to miss the Grand Festival(?) for sure. She just messed up her chances at becoming a top coordinator."

Also, to me, the brown Donphan in this episode was clearly a female, not a shiny Donphan.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a shiny Donphan for the 1st time. It was cool to see the hard-trying male Donphan finally get accepted by its chosen mate. Meowth's Boss Dream was odd and funny to see. Chimecho's Wobbuffet-like face during the blast off was funny.

30/100