• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn’s Contest Arc?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Hello! So, I’m in the process of watching Serena’s character arc, where she strives to become Kalos Queen.

I’m now looking for Dawn’s character arc, the episodes where she begins her Contests and becomes a Coordinator. There’s the Bulbapedia list of episodes that focus on her, but there’s a total of almost 60 episodes. (https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Episodes_focusing_on_Dawn)
Which of those focus on her Coordinating stuff? I mainly watch Pokémon for the girly episodes.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Do you mean specifically Dawn participating in a Contest? Almost every Dawn episode impacted her arc as a Coordinator in some fashion

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Almost every of her episodes was about contests, it was a strong part about her.
It is such a fun and amazing goal to watch, so I recommend it=]
I dont know how we went from this epic goal to lame goals such as making a bubble hehe

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Do you mean specifically Dawn participating in a Contest? Almost every Dawn episode impacted her arc as a Coordinator in some fashion
Yeah, that would work.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well I don't think just watching individual dawn episodes would help you appreciate her arc properly, esp coz Dawn's biggest strength is even in her non focused episodes she had a presence and personality that really made her likable and translated into her arc and performances, esp since Ash and her were closely tied together in both their arcs and goals
So I think instead of watching individual Dawn episodes, the best way to get Dawn's arc and appreciate her character more is to watch DP as a whole, but skip out the fillers and unimportant episode if you want if you don't have that much time

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Pretty much what @SerGoldenhandtheJust said. You don’t get to fully appreciate the growth of Dawn’s character as both a Trainer and a Coordinator unless you watch all of her episodes. I’d recommend all of DP because it’s my favorite series but at least every episode in that link you posted

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
The thing to note about Dawn is that she is considered to be a co-protagonist rather than just a supporting protagonist. Diamond and Pearl is her show as much as it is Ash's show. As such, the episodes focusing on her tends to weave back and forth with Ash, which is why many consider their relationship to be good chemistry. For example, an episode where Dawn creates a spin method for her contest will influence Ash's tactics in the future Gym.

The thing to note about Dawn is that she is considered to be a co-protagonist rather than just a supporting protagonist. Diamond and Pearl is her show as much as it is Ash's show. As such, the episodes focusing on her tends to weave back and forth with Ash, which is why many consider their relationship to be good chemistry. For example, an episode where Dawn creates a spin method for her contest will influence Ash's tactics in the future Gym.
Yes, DP was really good showing how trainers and coordinator learned from each other