• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn of a New Era (472)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Dawn of a New Era

After popping Team Rocket's Balloon, Ash & Dawn argue about Hikari's experience. Dawn is eager to show her worth as a trainer and challenges a trainer who has the Pokémon Budew. It is Dawn's first battle with her new Pokémon, will Piplup be able to defeat Budew despite the type disadvantage?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Pochama's evolution is smaller than I thought it would be. Masukippa looks to be Victreebel all over again. Meh.

LMAO @ Roselia getting KOd immediately after it just evolved. Can't be good for the thing's self-esteem...

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I havent seen the episode yet because it hasnt been released...but lets just say that I already knew Ash would get a Naetle ;X

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
OH. MY. HOLY.SOCK. BASKET!
Pottashi looks freaking AWESOME! Oh GOD, it's like Combusken mrk. 2 or something! Jebus effing christ, Hikari's penguin needs to grow up and evolve in that water 'shamo ASAP! So freakin' adorable! ~^.^~

That was easily the best part of this episode.

Masukippa can try to be Victreebel, but without the ear-splitting scream, it'll never come close.

charizardfan

OH. MY. HOLY.SOCK. BASKET!
Pottashi looks freaking AWESOME! Oh GOD, it's like Combusken mrk. 2 or something! Jebus effing christ, Hikari's penguin needs to grow up and evolve in that water 'shamo ASAP! So freakin' adorable! ~^.^~

That was easily the best part of this episode.

Masukippa can try to be Victreebel, but without the ear-splitting scream, it'll never come close.

Good, I hated Victreebel...

Thores

Thunder Trainer
So it appears that Subomi uses some attacks that are new to the 4th Gen... can anybody tell what they are and perhaps what they do?

spacefissure

Deoxys rulez all!
Finally! Pikachu wins its first official battle in Shinou. I feel so proud. I didn't expect to see Pottashi though. That was a nice bonus. Although I was a bit dissapointed at how predictable this episode was, with Pochama losing and all.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Hikari and Ash getting into a fight complete with Brock telling them to knock it off reminds me of Misty.

Hikari, hello? You're the girl who wanted to travel with Ash/Brock in the first place, if you can't stand Ash already, why not travel by yourself like you were originally planning on doing? Hikari traveling with them in the first place makes little sense, unlike May, who basically needed to learn from Ash to get anywhere.

The rest of the episode looks fairly good, but the D/P saga so far does give me an AG vibe. At least the D/P saga isn't any worse than AG, but it's certainly not any better either. It's a consistent quality but it needs some originality.

I guess this basically proves that the D/P saga will stick to the same formula we had for years, ah well.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Having seen the episode...
So it appears that Hikari is trying to catch the bunny poke again. Ash tries to get involved and somehow when Hikari is throwing the pokeball it winds up hitting Ash. they are argueing. Pocchama is upset that the bunny runs away. They are still argueing and then Brock yells at both of them and the light gives way to subomi. They meet up with Naoshi. Hikari and Naoshi battle, Hikari loses. They are walking back and Brock introduces Bonsly and tells them that its his only pokemon. They meet up at the pokemon center. It isnt clear from pics but it appears Hikari looks at Brock's book to see a bunch of Nurse Joy pics and then Brock runs up and does his usual thing. Hikari talks to mom and Ash registers for the Shinou league. Random Pottashi cameo and Hikari dexes it. Naoshi actually looks like a pretty cool character. As well as an original design. He drops Subomi off at poke center. TR does some lame antic that fails miserably and Masukippa always stays attached to the side of James head. The crew and Naoshi go to a campfire. All these random pokemon appear as he plays a song. They are talking and Ash tells them about his Ho-oh sighting at the beggining of his journey and I believe Hikari recalls her emerito sighting. Pikachu battles Subomi and they are both fighting well. Subomi then evolves to Roselia. Roselia gets KO's with iron tail.

Brock seemed to have more attention than normal in AG. It may just be the beggining episodes though.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
Hikari and Ash getting into a fight complete with Brock telling them to knock it off reminds me of Misty.

Hikari, hello? You're the girl who wanted to travel with Ash/Brock in the first place, if you can't stand Ash already, why not travel by yourself like you were originally planning on doing? Hikari traveling with them in the first place makes little sense, unlike May, who basically needed to learn from Ash to get anywhere.

The rest of the episode looks fairly good, but the D/P saga so far does give me an AG vibe. At least the D/P saga isn't any worse than AG, but it's certainly not any better either. It's a consistent quality but it needs some originality.

I guess this basically proves that the D/P saga will stick to the same formula we had for years, ah well.

Hey, its something different unlike everything else rehashed. Be happy with what you got.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
From what I saw I enjoyed the Hikari/Ash fighting, it did remind me of Misty/Ash a little, they faught about every thing from what it seemed from the pictures. I enjoyed it though, can't wait for next week's, why did Brock only bring one freakin Pokemon if he knows about Team Rocket? LOL.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
why did Brock only bring one freakin Pokemon if he knows about Team Rocket? LOL.

Because Brock likes to purposely handicap himself so the heroes, (either Ash and May or Ash and Hikari) do all the battling.

Why do you think Brock always stands there like a statue as the others face off against Team Rocket instead of helping them?

The writers only having Brock bring Bonsly pretty much proves the writers consider him to be nothing more than a third wheel.

Jze0

Just saw the episode and from what I saw it was ok, though it seemed a little boring. I thought the part in the begin where Hikari threw the pokeball at Ash was pretty funny, this eventually lead to them to fight for the rest of the episode. Later now they argued about where to go first, contest or gym. Not a great way to start a new relationship I have to say. Can't wait for the next.

Last edited:

Misawa Kaitou

Hooray! Seviper, Cacnea and Dustox are in the (okay) opening!

They are staying!

Anyway, the episode was okay. All I saw was more of the same. Hopefully that will change with the coming of more episodes.

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
I like the new pokedex.
Serebii said:
After popping Team Rocket's Balloon, Ash 7 Hikari argue about Hikari's experience. HIkari is eager to show her worth as a trainer and challenges a trainer who has the Pokémon Subomi. It is Hikari's first battle with her new Pokémon, will Pochama be able to defeat Subomi despite the type disadvantage?
Is the bolded part correct? The part with Team Rocket is very stupid. They can see the freaking R!!! Well, thats all my comments.