• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn of a New Era (472)

How does Dawn go from saving Ash's Pikachu to acting like a fail? o_O

Nando was sort of creepy as well.......but the battles were ok.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This episode was funny but I think there was no need for the fighting. Dawn was a beginner, so battling with her might have not been the smartest idea anyway. Piplup is stubby and trips alot.

Dawn completely sucked in that battle. Oh well, at least she has experience now.

Nano was one strange dude with an even stranger pokemon. I never liked Roselia all that much. :S

Nice to see he finally made up his mind on what his goal will be, but it was kind of obvious he was going to choose both.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode was funny, I liked it alot. Dawn was acting so cute in this episode XD. The fighting between Ash and Dawn was quite funny and I liked both battles against Nando.

I give this episode a 10/10!

NPT

Just a member
In the last episode, Dawn joined Ash in his Sinnoh journey and we got the confermation that she'll be Ash's travelling partner for the rest of the series, which was nice. Dawn forgetting to make her Pokéball bigger was funny... although it's Nlnot unsual for a beginner like her to make mistakes like that. Seeing Nando for first time was cool, too bad he didn't get much development during the series. Ash and Dawn were arguing over a silly reason was hard to sit through, but I'm glad they made up at the end.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Dawn failing to catch a Buneary again was sad, but I loved that she and Ash got on each other's nerves here. Nando's Budew was adorable before it evolved, and I liked the night scene where Ash and friends talked to Nando around the campfire; too bad that Kricketot was reduced to a cameo. I also liked Ash's Ho-Oh reference/flashback.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Looking back at this episode now its rather odd Ash and Dawn had a bickering episode so early into the series. I remember when this ep first aired people thought Ash/Dawn would fight as much as Ash/Misty, and I can't blame them because this was only the 4th episode of the series at the time.

I think in early DP the writers didn't know how they wanted Dawn's personality to be yet, so they were experimenting with her a bit before settling on her extremely girly Ash-like personality she got.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Nando was kind of strange tho I liked his Mew harp at least ha ha. I liked that his Budew evolved into Roselia when it fought Ash although I kind of wish Dawn and Piplup had won their battle instead.

JudySpell

Banned
Nando's Mew harp was cool and secretly I was hoping he had a real Mew. I didn't like that Dawn lost her 1st battle though. 6/10

Gillachu

Banned
So Dawn got an ego and Nando was needed to fix it lmao. I didn't think Ash winning against Roselia sent a good message, though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This was a fairly good episode: the battles were cool, Nando was a good character, though his accent sorta got on my nerves during the end, but he was tolerable and his Budew was adorable.

ZilverLox

Banned
I thought Nando's accent was Irish, for some reason. It was a cute episode. The bickering between Ash and Dawn was very cute, and the battles were alright too. Was this the first time we actually got to see a move like Mega Drain be ordered and executed?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hikari hitting Satoshi in the face with her Monster Ball when she tried catching Mimirol was hilarious, and I liked seeing those two begin to get on each other's nerves. Hikari's Pochama losing to Naoshi's Subomie was expected, and I was glad that Pottaishi made a minor appearance, too. The nighttime campfire plot and the Rocket-dan's trap were great scenes.

Daizy

I call you honey
Dawn was getting on my nerves when she didn't want to admit her newbie status. Nando was a good guy even if he spoke with a bad accent and his Mew harp was a nice Mew reference.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I now wonder if Naoshi was originally meant to be Hikari's main Contest rival in Shinou since he certainly seemed to fit the bill when he defeated her here. I kind of wish he had become Shuu 2.0.

gentwoer

The show sure wants Ash and Dawn to make Ash and Misty 2.0 huh? The fourth episode barely starts and they're already bickering like they have an established dynamic that isn't there. Ash and Misty's like/hate friendship actually grew organically with Ash constantly annoying Misty and her getting pissy at him until he started to retaliate.

And I guess Ash and Brock got a lobotomy before making it to Sinnoh? How the hell did they not recognize the Team Rocket when their team uniforms are still clearly visible? And even a talking Meowth doesn't tip them off? The trio got away with some serious Clark Kenting in the original series but nothing THAT BAD.