• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn of a New Era (472)

Leonhart

Imagineer
The show sure wants Ash and Dawn to make Ash and Misty 2.0 huh? The fourth episode barely starts and they're already bickering like they have an established dynamic that isn't there.

I found it odd that the Shinou saga had just started, and yet we were already seeing tension in the DP cast. What's even more weird is how the tension disappeared all of a sudden.

Daizy

I call you honey
Just noticed how Nando's Budew knew Mega Drain, Sunny Day, Bullet Seed and Solarbeam which all seem too advanced for a Baby Pokemon.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Never cared for Nando all that much. Maybe it's because he hardly got any screen time. As for the episode, it was annoying.

I feel the same way about him since I didn't really get what his purpose was... at first. He came back in future episodes and seemed like a pseudo rival, but I felt that he should have just been a minor cotd instead of a recurrent character.

Kintaro

Banned
I feel the same way about him since I didn't really get what his purpose was... at first. He came back in future episodes and seemed like a pseudo rival, but I felt that he should have just been a minor cotd instead
of a recurrent character.

Didn’t help that he disappeared for 80% of the saga for no reason

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
I feel the same way about him since I didn't really get what his purpose was... at first. He came back in future episodes and seemed like a pseudo rival, but I felt that he should have just been a minor cotd instead of a recurrent character.

Naoshi might not be my favorite DP character, but I thought he had a certain charm in the sense that he seemed calm and not too bothered by mundane things. I just presumed that he'd be a much more important character because of his Mew harp, but he ended up being less significant as time went on.

Seedmonium

Hi nando here trap on earth prima or lorelei my mother ken play bird chess with flying castle my lawrence iii uncle
Naoshi might not be my favorite DP character, but I thought he had a certain charm in the sense that he seemed calm and not too bothered by mundane things. I just presumed that he'd be a much more important character because of his Mew harp, but he ended up being less significant as time went on.

Rewatching this ep, man some DP eps have some horrid animation. I realize these eps aired like 15 years ago now, but DP looks rather dated now compared to XY and even SM.

For some reason out of model shots didn't bother me in the OS or AG, but in DP it really stands out.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SandmasterL said:
Rewatching this ep, man some DP eps have some horrid animation. I realize these eps aired like 15 years ago now, but DP looks rather dated now compared to XY and even SM.

I think the animation looked pretty stiff and the colors were too bright at the beginning of the DP saga as seen within this episode, although things gradually got better around the time that Satoshi faced Natane for his second badge.