• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn of a New Era (472)

Weav-vile

Totally!
Yeah, it was really ridiculous Ash don't reconising TR AGAIN. They could at least use better clothes to fool Ash and co.! :p

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
It's kinda depressing when I'm more interested in the background music than the plot itself. We got a mix of what I believe was the DP gym battle theme, in addition to the regular battle theme.

But now having a Roselia means almost nothing when it comes to possibly seeing this guy again.

good episode! I loved it. (as you can see in my sig).
I enjoyed the new opening, and its still kind of weird not having Ash as #1. you know?

Yoko

Pokémon Cherisher
Probably the weakest of the first four episodes, but still pretty good. I love the rich colours and the animations. I havent actually seen Pokemon since the Kanto season so it's all very refreshing to me.

The opening theme song is so-so.

That Mega Drain was awesome to see. I liked this episode. It's not a favorite of mine but I still liked seeing it. Sad thing that Ash couldn't recongnize TR...again!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well, it's pretty obvious that Poochama will evolve sometime in the future after watching this ep.

I hope it doesn't for a while though, Poochama is hella cute and unlike Torchic, it can actually battle.

Although as Gravy noted, they sure aren't going to hide the fact that its evolved form will probably turn into a Water-Combusken durng battle. With how similiar her starter is, thank god she didn't capture a bug type as her second.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Not a bad episode, if only for the good dialogue and the music, rather than plot and animation.

Although I kinda like Naoshi too. His voice sounds so peaceful~ And seeing someone being torn between competing in Gyms and entering Contests was interesting - I liked how Hikari and Ash tried to convert him to follow their respective quests.

Speaking of which, I liked the fighting between Ash and Hikari. While the thing about Ash copying the other one's lines in a mocking way is the same he did with May, their fighting is different as it's divided into small periods where they bicker a little, while in case with Ash and May, they both took it to the extreme by expressing their hate for each other for nearly the entire episode. Meh, I guess that's because they barely ever fought and Ash and Hikari will probably do that more often, seeing how the bickering bit is even mentioned in Hikari's Bio on TV Tokyo's site.

The art style was ...odd. Not necessarily bad the entire time, but there were several sequences where the characters just looked downright off. Roselia's pumpkin-shaped head freaked me out, for instance.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And seeing someone being torn between competing in Gyms and entering Contests was interesting - I liked how Hikari and Ash tried to convert him to follow their respective quests.

Ugh, this is the kind of episode where you're hit with the realization that May would have done the exact same thing. May would have surely tried to convince the guy to do Contests just like Hikari.

This filler could have been set in Hoenn or Battle Frontier and you'd basically have the same outcome. (aside from the D/P Pokes, of course)

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
The next episode looks awesome though

Geodude

I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but when Brock said that he'd left all his Pokemon except Bonsly back home, Ash explained to Hikari that Brock used to be the Gym Leader in Pewter City, and Hikari was pretty impressed. :)

Lee-san

Limbo Messiah
Well, I'm glad Pikachu wiped the floor with Roselia, needed that after tieing with Elekid ;p
Otherwise, the episode was pretty much standard, nothing to get excited about.

I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but when Brock said that he'd left all his Pokemon except Bonsly back home, Ash explained to Hikari that Brock used to be the Gym Leader in Pewter City, and Hikari was pretty impressed. :)

If this episode referenced Brock's status as former gym leader, then I wonder how Hikari will react to Misty, Gary, and May if Ash mentions them to her (or at least Hikari seeing Misty and Gary in person)?

I need to mention how the Mega Drain in this episode looks awesome. I just love it and hope that Ash could teach it to one of his grass types.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Although as Gravy noted, they sure aren't going to hide the fact that its evolved form will probably turn into a Water-Combusken durng battle. With how similiar her starter is, thank god she didn't capture a bug type as her second.
That's not what I was getting at at all. The similarities are only evident in their appearence, and even then it's pretty vague. Like how both pokémon have this constant scowl and those strong looking upper appendages.
Otherwise, their body structures are much too different for them to be duplicates battle-wise. Potashi looks like more of a brute-strength fighter able to throw it's weight around, as opposed to Combusken, who relied on a more fleet-of-foot fighting style.
I guess one has to be a Combusken fanboy to truely understand these things ^^;

Geodude said:
I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but when Brock said that he'd left all his Pokemon except Bonsly back home, Ash explained to Hikari that Brock used to be the Gym Leader in Pewter City, and Hikari was pretty impressed.
You know, upon seeing the episode, I WAS going to mention it...leave it to you to beat us to the punch.:p

And Brock should've spoken up in the Legendary discussion--remember when they saw Suicune at the start of Johto? That would've made for a pretty redone scene.^^

Tapatio

Imagine if Satoshi had deepened more in the subject of the legendary ones:

Satoshi: "Yeah, I saw to Ho-oh the first time I left my town... Oh yeah, I met with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Manaphy, I was killed by Mewtwo, I mounted Lugia to save the world of Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno, Latias falled in love with me, I battled Regirock, Registeel, Regice and Articuno, defeating the last two, and... I think that's all ^^"

Hikari: o_O

Blaziken Trainer

Satoshi: "Yeah, I saw to Ho-oh the first time I left my town... Oh yeah, I met with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Manaphy, I was killed by Mewtwo, I mounted Lugia to save the world of Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno, Latias falled in love with me, I battled Regirock, Registeel, Regice and Articuno, defeating the last two, and... I think that's all ^^"

That would be very funny. I would have loved to see that.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

LOL! That would be hilarious.

Ah, thanks for the laugh, man, I needed that. :D

Weav-vile

Totally!

LMAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOO! >D
I think they need you on ther team... :p