• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn of a New Era (472)

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Who the hell were the animators for this epsiode? o_O Everything was all freaky, almost worst then the the first 3 eps.

Well anyway, it was a pretty ok episode, the only part I really payed attention to is this one:

[IMG139]http://i12.*******.com/4dzcjma.gif[/IMG139]

Freakin win, but what's up with the pokeball hitting everyone's head? First Mukkuru now Ash?

psy455

Who the hell were the animators for this epsiode? o_O Everything was all freaky, almost worst then the the first 3 eps.

Well anyway, it was a pretty ok episode, the only part I really payed attention to is this one:

[IMG139]http://i12.*******.com/4dzcjma.gif[/IMG139]

Freakin win, but what's up with the pokeball hitting everyone's head? First Mukkuru now Ash?

I love that one too *saved* *_*

Cobalt_Latios

Why do i feel as if the writers for this season actually decided to check up on the metagame before writing some of these episodes? Well, Sunnybeaming anyone?

It seems that all the new trainers find it hard to believe that all the Joy's look exactly the same. Although to add comedy, they only give Brock the blatant ability to tell them apart. What a concept.(And why is that Brock has that damn picture of all the Joys? More importantly, where did he get it??)

And Hikari is still quite shocked of Brock's main ability. A very annoying one at that. I sincerely hope that somewhere along this series, Hikari will start to take over Misty's role.

Yeah, Ash get's instated to the Shinou League. And yet also get our first look at Pocchama's evloved form, Pottashi(forgot the name until Hikari blurted it out).

Here we go again ;rolleyes; the contest/battle scuffle between May and Ash gets repeated... this time at a much, much earlier time.

You know Ash and co. are dumb when all it takes is a small coat and glasses to fool them. Also, wouldnt they suspect anything with Meowth?? Oh, wait, this is Pokemon. I suppose after 9 seasons you'd expect them to be fooled a little less easily.

LOL, supreme backfire on Team Rocket's part. And when the facade fell, it was in CG. After trying out the english version of the new motto in time with the japanese one, i cant help but think they reverted to their older one.

Also, funny how Masukippa attacks James long enough for it to be scanned.

Ouch, all it takes is a Bullet Seed attack to send them flying. Guess they must of lost a lot of weight!

They really are playing the music from the eighth movie alot in this new season. I wonder what's up with that?

Korobooshi makes its first appearance. Lol, crickets chirping at night.

I wonder, how come Ash get's to see Ho-oh, and Hikari gets to see Emuritto. There must be some form of great significance there.

I just noticed this, the guys harp/lyre looks like a Mew!

OMG, we actually get to see what Mega Drain looks like for the first time! I always wondered wha that attack would of looked like. And why is it that for some reason, almost everytime Ash battles someone, that there is a good chance that one of their pokemon will evolve. It's also very easy to predict when the use of Iron Tail will be.

Not a bad episode. It's turning out pretty good. I really want Hikari to do that 'ear pulling' thing soon. Then again, Max didnt do it till after he say Misty try it. Who knows...

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Meh, this episode lacked something in my opinion. Animation didn't do it much glory, either. It was okay, I suppose, but it's one of those episodes where nothing much happened. At least Pikachu redeemed itself.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
That clip reminds me of the clip headbutting incident at the world cup that circulated the internet.

So, no one pulled on Brock's ear, they just let him do his thing.

Cherimu Dude

boring episode,
some ugly guy with a harp wooo
Hikari and Ash fight
TR make a cameo appearance
Brock fell in love again...grr thats annoying
there wasnt much plot development except registering for league/contest

Hikari didnt even catch the Mini-Rabbit thing, but its obvious she does in a later episode coz the pokemons in the title song, her rival looks amazing btw.

Didnt even realise the harp was a Mew (doh!)

EDIT: do nurse joys always have different coloured hats? never noticed

Gravy

Contaminated KFC

Wind Waker

Now that's Effulgent
Ash's eyes were a bit off but i really liked the way subomi/roselia/mega drain were animated.

It didn't feel like a filler to me. I'm still in that sort of "new things excited mood". So it was a basic episode looking back but that doesn't mean it was enjoyable. I hope that guy returns, for a rematch with Hikari.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
That Roselia had a really sucky voice.

I MISS DREW. ;_;

That aside, this ep was... okay-ish, not that gripping. I have no enthusiasm for the prospect of Ash and Hikari bickering all the time, which is strange because I normally like that kind of thing. Maybe it's because by the time we'd reached the third round of "GYM-O!" "CONTEST-O!" I wanted to bang their heads together. May and Drew's sparring matches were so much more sophisticated... and Ash and Misty's were funnier, too. Though that could be because I could understand what they were saying. ;)

Hikari smacking Ash in the face with a Poke-ball was teh win, though.

Did Naori decide to go in for both gyms and contests in the end? Wow, he's going to be busy.

Last edited:
Hikari is a May's clone. Look at her; she acts a lot like May, she isn't original and she even has similar voice. She is a clone! When I look at her, I see May! They could do more original character, someone who is shy and calm, someone who would be like that dude with Subomi, but nooo... they put next May to the show =.= I won't miss May, she still is in the anime, only in new body :p

The battle between Subomi and Pikachu was cool. Pikachu won, and I'm glad. Ash isn't bad battler only is little obsessed XD

Nice ending and opening. Hikari is in the center XD but I don't see her as the greatest. Like I said, she isn't original.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Seen the episode. It was pretty good.
Hikari throwing the pokeball at Ash was definitely the highlight. :)

Hikari lost (not surprised) but she did know what she was doing. I think she mentions that since Subomi is a grass type, Peck attack will give her an advantage and thats why she starts off with that. Its good to see that She has Poochama jump out of the way when Subomi uses bulletseed. She needs to improve but she knows more then what Ash and May knew.

Pikachu's battle was good. Mega Drain was friggin nice.
Naoshi was a pretty good character I wouldn't mind seeing him again.
The animation was not the greatest but overall a good episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
On the tube, of course!

I think the animation killed the episode. Hikari's body looked warped in a number of shots.

Eh, I don't really like the direction we're going with Hikari's character. She thinks she knows better than Ash and fights with him...but...SHE was the one who wanted to travel with Ash in the first place! Why doesn't she just strike out on her own like she originally planned to if she doesn't get along with Ash?

Not only are the writers contradicting themselves from the end of AG, (why would Hikari pay any less attention to Ash's battle skills than May did?), but Hikari is just repeating the same exact arguments May went through.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Perhaps it's all an act. And besides, strength in numbers.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I finally got around to seeing the episode.

Heh, it seems so long since we have had two characters have an arguement with each other (the first one since, "Tag Battle! Satoshi VS. Haruka!?"?), or any kind of entertaining/ammusing interaction between two human characters, in my opinion. Unfortunately though, it looks like it will only last for this episode...

Seems that in the second episode, we know that Hikari knows what to do, but being inexperienced - she still manages to make slip-ups (it would be boring if she was a perfect trainer if you take that into consideration, really). She also lost the battle due to inexperience, even though she knew what she was doing (she used Peck, knowing that Peck had a type advantage over Subomi, making it effective. We NEVER saw that when Satoshi and Haruka were beginning trainers). Of course, Satoshi comes in at the end and defeats Naoshi (the Mega Drain Subomi used against Pikachu looks pretty cool in this episode).

The Monster Ball being thrown at Satoshi's face was a winner. :D

Well, we see Subomi evolve into a Roselia, the first evolution we see in the new series. I hope we see Naoshi again, I liked his character: calm, cool, and collected (also note: he had a Mew harp). I hope he wasn't just a filler character in a non-filler episode (Samurai was...we never saw him again unfortunately ;;).

I personally found it funny that Hikari wasn't all that suprised when Satoshi mentions that he saw Houou (maybe because she saw a legendary Pokemon, Emuritto, at the beginning of her journey? But still...She should've been a little suprised), but when he mentions that Takeshi used to be the Nibi Gym Leader, she was all like "OMGZ!SUGOI!11". :p

Now, I'm just wondering when Hikari will catch Mimirol, since she failed to catch one in this episode. Overall, pretty decent episode.
CyberCubed said:
Not only are the writers contradicting themselves from the end of AG, (why would Hikari pay any less attention to Ash's battle skills than May did?), but Hikari is just repeating the same exact arguments May went through.
???

If I remember corectly, Haruka hardly argued with Satoshi about those kinds of things when she was starting out (heck, Satoshi hardly argued with Haruka almost all of AG, sans the biggest arguement they had, which was in "Tag Battle! Satoshi vs. Haruka!?)". Unless you were getting at something else and I misunderstood.
Domino said:
Hikari is a May's clone.
Because she does Contests! How dare she!
Look at her; she acts a lot like May,
Um, how? The only thing that's remotely similar about Hikari and Haruka is that they're both somewhat girly-girl and that they both want to be Top Coordinator. Hikari, unlike Haruka, is a lot more peppy and enthusiastic.
she isn't original
Well, almost all the characters in the anime aren't original, because they're all based on game characters. :0
and she even has similar voice.
Let's compare a seiyuu's protrayal of a character in a language we hardly even know!
She is a clone! When I look at her, I see May! They could do more original character, someone who is shy and calm, someone who would be like that dude with Subomi, but nooo... they put next May to the show =.= I won't miss May, she still is in the anime, only in new body
Ugh, I'm not even gonna bother, that whole last portion didn't make any sense....
GRAVY said:
gamefreak5034 said:
I HAVE NEVER SEEN WORSE ANIMATION IN ANY OTHER FREAKIN EPISODE
You really haven't been paying much attention, have you?
Winnar. :p

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Heh, it seems so long since we have had two characters have an arguement with each other (the first one since, "Tag Battle! Satoshi VS. Haruka!?"?), or any kind of entertaining/ammusing interaction between two human characters, in my opinion. Unfortunately though, it looks like it will only last for this episode...
Actually in her bio at the TVTokyo site it mentions the fact that she bickers with Ash according to Sushi. So its likely she still will have more disagreements with Ash but probally not as many as Misty did.
I hope he wasn't just a filler character in a non-filler episode (Samurai was...we never saw him again unfortunately ;;).

I hope so too. He was pretty cool. He reminded me very much of the 2nd gym leader especially because his star pokemon is a grass type just like the 2nd gym leaders type. I wouldnt be suprised if they made him have a relation to the 2nd gym leader.

Last edited:

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
Samurai was much cooler though. Metapod vs Metapod FTW!