• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn of a Royal Day (639)

Vernikova

Champion
I didn't like that Jessie lost to a coordinator who was entering her first contest ever (but considering this is Pokémon I guess I shouldn't be surprised). The battle was pretty good but I disagree with whoever mentioned that someone with five ribbons shouldn't be able to enter a contest.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It's interesting that with this episode Jessie became the first person other than Ash to get the so-called "pity badge" (ribbon), but I'm glad she got it anyway because it FINALLY made her eligible for the Ribbon Cup and Dawn wouldn't have been eligible for another ribbon anyway. At least Jessie finally got her five ribbons after going two regions without any ribbons, I was very happy about it. :) Too bad it was such a torture for two regions, but it was worth the wait. At least James and Meowth convinced her to keep the ribbon, her reaction was interesting.

Too bad Togekiss never really measured up to being a very interesting pokemon for Dawn, but it was cute. :)

8/10

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I love how Dawn was over reacting being a princess and all! Also her dress was very lovely!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode is very cute and funny. I find it funny that Dawn has a doppelganger. I also I love that Dawn and the princess got to switch places so that the princess could participate in a contest. Dawn looked cute in that dress and I love how she seemed so stressed out while performing the princess' duties lol. I also love that she got Togekiss here as well. Also the final match between Jessie and the princess was really good. I give this episode a 10/10!

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
God, that Princess is seriously the most gracious character ever to exist in the anime! So selfless, she allows her Togekiss its own happiness and gives up probably the only ribbon she'll ever earn.

I just wish SOMEBODY, anybody, had noticed that Dawn looked suspiciously similar to the princess just above her during the contest.

Janovy

Banned
I think it was retarded in the first place to let "Dawn" enter that Contest, because not only did she already have five ribbons, but as we all know - the number of contests was limited making it extremely unfair for people who had yet to gather all five ribbons.

Vernikova

Champion
It would actually be a pretty good strategy to enter contests even if a contestant already had five ribbons. It would increase one's chances to win the Grand Festival by taking out another competitor.

Janovy

Banned
It would actually be a pretty good strategy to enter contests even if a contestant already had five ribbons. It would increase one's chances to win the Grand Festival by taking out another competitor.
Perhaps, but it's still unfair. With the writers making it clear that there's a limited number of contests left, I dunno why they'd allow someone with all of them in. It'a good strategy, yes, but a dirty one too. :/

Perhaps, but it's still unfair. With the writers making it clear that there's a limited number of contests left, I dunno why they'd allow someone with all of them in. It'a good strategy, yes, but a dirty one too. :/

There are some like the one Ash and May entered remember, plus if this was a hour long special or even a special itself, it would be better, but that's life

zhixun

Awesome episode in my opinion. The end result was a little bit surprise to me since I initially thought Musashi will win the final. Writers did a good job in order to let princess to win and Musashi get the fifth ribbon such that there is no need to have another contest.

phanpycross

God-king
I always wondering why people rage so hard at Iris' dragonite, but never mention Dawn getting a togekiss so easily.

At least this episode was very entertaining, and Dawn was a joy like usual :)

7/10-

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I always wondering why people rage so hard at Iris' dragonite, but never mention Dawn getting a togekiss so easily.

At least this episode was very entertaining, and Dawn was a joy like usual :)

7/10-

Probably because Togekiss didn't win Dawn a single battle anyway, so it didn't matter as much. People did complain about it though because people wanted Ambipom back.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Probably because Togekiss didn't win Dawn a single battle anyway, so it didn't matter as much. People did complain about it though because people wanted Ambipom back.
Well Togekiss was pretty much only used in the GF Final, and of course Dawn was losing that. She never got the opportunity to battle/compete in Contests more. The only comparable event between Togekiss's GF loss and Iris's Dragonite would be his loss to Drayden or Clair. He just got more time to battle. I bet had Togekiss been given to Dawn earlier it'd have gotten more wins. Not that I particularly see Dawn getting Togekiss as a bad thing but it is funny people don't react quite as negatively to this than they do to Iris getting a Dragonite.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I loved this episode. Dawn was very funny in this, I love the scenes where she seemed stressed out. I also found the idea of Dawn having a princess as a doppelgangee to be hilarious. Princess Salvia entering and winning a contest was pretty interesting. I also loved that Dawn got a Togekiss at the end of the episode, it was a nice touch. 10/10

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I remember watching this one sometime ago. My favourite part was when Dawn got Togekiss and the most unexpected when Princess Salvia won in her Contest debut.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Dawn having a look-alike was kind of cool especially since she was really good at contests. I felt kind of sad for Jessie since she lost, but hey at least she got Salvia's ribbon. I'm glad Dawn got to keep Togekiss. :3

JudySpell

Banned
Dawn getting Togekiss here for free was bad writing. I wish she had caught one instead of one being handed to her by the princess.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Dawn getting Togekiss here for free was bad writing. I wish she had caught one instead of one being handed to her by the princess.

I figure since Dp was getting closer to the end the writers thought developing Togekiss from scratch would be too tedious, so perhaps that's why they gave it to her with little work for her to do. ^^