• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn of Sequels?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Emerald was different because it had a different feeling than R/S. Platinum, however, didn't; it looked exactly like the same game (history wise). You play Platinum the same way you play D/P, something it did not happened with B2/W2.

I'd like to know what you consider to be a "different feeling", because I'm struggling to find anything that would make Emerald a more different experience than Platinum. Both were basically the same game with a slightly different storyline, but Platinum also had an improved regional dex which changed the kind of Pokemon you would encounter within the main game. What did Emerald have that surpassed that?

I would prefer a sequel much more than another rehash of the game only with a few added features.
Pearl/Diamond were boring games to play. I bought Platinum so I could get some Legendaries from it.
I had bought Pearl years before and found it very boring and Platinum was no better except it had Giratina in it.

Serebii!

I have not played any sequels or third games and so far have not played Pokemon XY though it does seem like Pokemon Z will be most likely and not a sequel

Artnerd

Insane Artist
I would like a sequel, playing the exact same line for a second time is boring.

I found FR/LG very boring cause it was almost exactly the same as RBY, Same with HG/SS but sure, the improved graphics made it nice, but there was no thrills, you would mainly do exactly the same as you did in the old versions, just in a better looking way.

I was very annoyed with Platinum actually. I played that one, not Pearl or Diamond so I don't really know if the story was different, but the gameplay was faster. It truly felt like it was an improved version of the first two. When I was given one of the first two, I couldn't play it for long cause the slowness annoyed me so much.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Of course there will be sequels! I'm sure they'll soon make a remake of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald (R/S/E), or maybe more pokemon, in 3D! This is a new milestone for Nintendo and Game Freak, so it's not over yet :p.

It would be interesting to see the variety of pokemon hit 2,000 :p.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Considering how the story played out in X and Y, it's more likely that they will make a solitary version: Pokemon Z.