1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn shipping: Who does she love?

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Clayton, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clayton

Clayton Member

Who do you think Dawn is in love with?

Personally I think it's Zoey. kenny tried, but she dumped him back at the lighthouse and didn't even think to tell him her Bunnerie was going to be a model. Instead she said she'd have to send a copy to Zoey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which one do you think she'd pick?

[​IMG]

2. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

I'm in love with people who post Shipping threads in the Shipper's Community subforum.

3. Vycksta

Vycksta Well-Known Member

Reopening and moving to the shippers side. We have delicious cookies.

4. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

Might turn into a debate thread, I think she cared for Ash the most and yes that's just my Pearlshipper side coming out. Her cheering for him and putting on her cheerleadering outfit for him? Come on.

5. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Nobody. Dawn is completely oblivious to love. The writers made her into a female Ash.

6. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

Geez, Dawn-basher much?

I honestly think Dawn leans towards the fairer sex. She looks up to Zoey, I saw potential in her relationship with Maylene, and Ursula is obviously tsundere for her. Meanwhile, I don't see that many hints with the boys. Of course, now that
    Dawn's in Hoenn
    , we won't know for sure.

7. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Dawn has shown little to no interest in starting any type of relationship with any character she ever interacted with.

While characters like Conway and Kenny hit on her, Dawn either just brushed it off or didn't take it seriously. Kenny got a, "just friends," kind of message to it.

Likewise Zoey and Candice are lesbian lovers, so that's why Zoey stopped pinning for Dawn.

8. Vycksta

Vycksta Well-Known Member

Which I am perfectly fine with as long as all participants refrain from bashing in any way, shape or form. That includes Dawn herself, other members or of any ships mentioned here.

Welcome to Pokemon; fandom of many characters and over 10,000 NAMED shippings. Tastes are bound to be all over the place.

9. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

Doesn't stop people who think Ash will fall in love with Misty, May, Dawn, or Iris. We are just thinking about the future or I am is all, besides they did throw in hints here and there. LOLz Kenny did get shot down didn't he? Ouch. English dubbed version miked that scene for all it was worth for some reason though. Will you please stop acting like its confirmed that Zoey and Candice are lesbian lovers LOL.

10. ChloboShoka

ChloboShoka Writer

She loves everyone! She is very kind in an energetic way that makes her adorable and love everybody even if they could be considered jerks.

Especially Vycksta. She gave Dawn some lovely cookies and they've become her favourites. Every day they drink tea together and listen to Same Difference.

:3

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  11. AceTrainerKira

AceTrainerKira Unbeatable Trainer

Hmmmm...Dawn is the only main character who I don't have a favorite shipping for.
    I kind of like Paul and Dawn, the whole opposites attract thing and all of that. But I also kind of like Dawn and Barry together, mainly because in my Diamond file, when I played the game for the first time I thought my rival liked me. XD
    Also, the fact that Dawn is a lot more goofy when she's around Gary leads me to like the Dawn and Gary shipping.

12. EifieChan

EifieChan Cold *** Honky

I personaly prefer Ikarishpping. If Paul and Dawn didn't succeed as a couple I have other ideas for Paul, but in my mind all of Dawns other potential mates are taken so if Ikarishipping didn't work out, Dawn would be a bachlerette for the rest of her life. Although Jun (English name?) might work...

13. Teshub

Teshub Banned

She loves her mom and piplup. But from what we have seen in the anime (not fan wishing) she likes Ash a lot, but still sees him as a friend because she wanted to cry when he left. After Ash, Dawn has admiration for Zoey, then Brock, her other rivals on that order.

14. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

Thank you for putting it so calmly Teshub. Compared to Misty, May, Drew, Kenny and Brock, Dawn hasn't shown any interest in any guys only as a friend.

15. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon REMAKES

I agree with everyone saying Dawn only likes everyone platonically; it's quite obvious from her interactions with all the popular partners people pick for her, at least to me, anyway. Besides, it's the anime; people looking for romantic resolution will be sorely disappointed.

...That said, all the of the above is just dandy to me, because I won't see Dawn with anyone other than Lucas, and if we're talking animeverse Dawn here, that's never happening. ><;;

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  16. Karpi

Karpi Forever a pirate

@ the picture posted with Ash, Kenny, Paul, Zoey: Obviously in-universe it's not going to be Paul, given their limited interaction. And the way she kind of just brushed off Kenny in that Sunyshore episode he was in makes me think she doesn't like him that way at all.

Between Ash and Zoey though, I don't know!

17. scarecrow62

scarecrow62 Pokemon Researcher

ive always seen Dawn getting together with Barry. to me it seems they have one of those awkward "cant function when the other is around" kind of relationships, which comes mainly from Barry.

18. Palamon

Palamon Sovereign of Asunder

^ I don't want file cookies, yuck.

...Anyway Dawn should be with Kenny. Many hints are shown that Dawn likes him. More than Ash.

19. Remmie

Remmie Here I go!

I hope she picks Barry. They would make a cute couple together.

20. Simon Alexander

Simon Alexander basalit-an

I think she doesn't feel much towards anyone in canon because she's a ten-year-old focusing on her career as a coordinator.

Though later on I hope she realizes her feelings for Conway :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.