• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn shipping: Who does she love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trustest_friend

for the best
I chose Ash as a Pearlshipper, still Kenny and Dawn kind of cute too.

Remmie

Come to think of it, I realize that there is no Barry/Dawn shipping topic on this site...

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Kouki/Lucas.

Oh wait, this is the anime.

Jun/Barry's awwrite in this case, I guess.

Last edited:

katnissplant

A Really Weird Plant
Well...

It's a tossup for me between Lucas and Paul.

But we all know Dawn's into girls anyway...

UDI

Orange Hero
Dawn is the perfect girl for Ash

Teshub

Banned
Dawn is the perfect girl for Ash

As far as female traveling companions go she was supposed to be his match. Also a lot of themes in DP were based on being "together" particularly only 2 people, not the trio. But its about friendship (maybe even some unrealized affection? due to some lyrics talking about love), but that's it. Not really about happily ever after stuff.

ponyboycurtis

dawn hasn't really shown sides of loving anyone, but she does appear to have crush on barry though, but he doesn't return those feelings

jigglypufffangirl

pokégirl fan
i used to be a belleshipper and a twinleafshipper but after seeing some fanart i became a penguinshipper i mean kenny loves dawn he always blushies when shes around so yeah the ONLY dawn couple i like is penguinshipping woo go penguinshipping kennyxdawn 4eva!

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
As far as female traveling companions go she was supposed to be his match. Also a lot of themes in DP were based on being "together" particularly only 2 people, not the trio. But its about friendship (maybe even some unrealized affection? due to some lyrics talking about love), but that's it. Not really about happily ever after stuff.

Well they are 10 year-olds...

Wuster

Amour/ADV shipper!
Well, when writing my FanFic, I found it was easiest to pair her up with an OC. Her cheery, bubbly personality isn't really matched by any character in the Anime, therefore it is easiest to match her up with an OC :p

jigglypufffangirl

pokégirl fan
i used to support i LOT of dawn parings but my dawn otp is cavaliershipping:)

Lazorchu!!

Hellooooo~
She's getting together with brock! Lightrockshipping 4ever!!!!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Lightrockshipping! They are now being paired of together!
They both left Ash at the same time, both got a special which combined into a 1 hour special, and I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 of them came for a cameo in BW at the same time to visit Ash. GO LIGHTROCKSHIPPING!
I also don't mind PearlShipping.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn and Brock? They barely paid attention to each other in the anime, hardly ever spoke to one another aside from when they had to, but I guess in fanfiction anything is possible.

Dawn and Brock were so distant from each other that its hard to believe they actually traveled together for 190 episodes.

Teshub

Banned
Dawn and Brock? They barely paid attention to each other in the anime, hardly ever spoke to one another aside from when they had to, but I guess in fanfiction anything is possible.

Dawn and Brock were so distant from each other that its hard to believe they actually traveled together for 190 episodes.

Shipping is not about following the actual canon from the anime. Anyone can get paired by the fandom if they like the hypothetical interactions between them. In the anime at least, Dawn was closest to Ash. And in terms of promotion a lot of themes in the DP era were about "being together", it sounded like a romantic friendship with those two.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Yeah, I'm not bothered with Dawn/Brock anymore as I was while DP was on the air. I used to be so ticked off of this, but it's lessened now. Still, it didn't become a consideration for me. I've no problem on Brock and the Dawn clone though.

I didn't agree with a few of the hints bulbapedia had on it, as some of them to me seem over-speculated (there's another word, but it escapes me).

Shipping is not about following the actual canon from the anime. Anyone can get paired by the fandom if they like the hypothetical interactions between them.

Yep. Reasons why nevermetshipping exist... until they meet, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.