• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn + Togekiss = ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
If it's evolved from the evil togepi it sure have.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please!! be the same Togepi! That would be funny as well as cool, and also a way for the writers to prove that they still have creativity.

Copy off of Misty. Ash would be sitting and crying remembering her....
What would be cool if Dawn got Misty's Togetic, flying off from that kingdom thingy. Then she evolves it into Togekiss.

As much as I doubt that Ash would ever cry over a girl - because most of the time he is clueless - there might be a point where Misty is mentioned again to Dawn. Keeping the Misty-fans happy.

I really hope that that scenario doesn't happen. That would be evil for the writers to do. Misty created the foundations of this show and to take away her Togetic and then give it to someone else years later....that's just pure evil.

I can see her getting Togekiss and seeing it evolve from a Togepi rather quickly as well.

Same. I imagine that if it is caught as a Togepi it would be able to evolve quite quickly, and then all that's required is a Shiny Stone.

Anyways, I guess that Dawn and Togekiss are a good pair although I feel that it would be kind of rushed for how Dawn gets Togekiss. At least we know that Togekiss is a Pokemon with a lot of different moves like Shock Wave and Aura Sphere.

I would love it Dawn had a Pokemon on her team with a large array of differently-typed moves. The closest we had to that in the anime was Gliscor - who's gone now - and, in my opinion, is the type of Pokemon that Dawn could use efficiently.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I can't believe you guys are bringing up Misty. During the DP ep, "The Worst Togepi ever" neither Ash/Brock made a single mention of Misty's Togepi.

If they didn't do it back then, they won't do it when Dawn gets a Togekiss.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can't believe you guys are bringing up Misty. During the DP ep, "The Worst Togepi ever" neither Ash/Brock made a single mention of Misty's Togepi.

If they didn't do it back then, they won't do it when Dawn gets a Togekiss.

I agree. It's just that most people associate Togepi with Misty.

Maybe the writers made the Togepi episode to distance Togepi from Misty in a way.

richard

Fire Master
I like the idea of Dawn and Togekiss. Togekiss is adorable looking, but it is very powerful as well.:) I just hope it gets a good personality.

Lorde

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please!! be the same Togepi! That would be funny as well as cool, and also a way for the writers to prove that they still have creativity.

How would Dawn having an evil and malicious Pokemon be funny?

I think she'd find a way to train it to be happy since the Togekiss in the Opening looks happy. I cannot think of any situation where that little Togepi would turn good :(

It would be a nice idea to insert that Togepi in here. We never get to see an evil Pokemon on team. Most of Pokemon aren't shown to be evil and such kind of Pokemon in main characters team will be like a shiny Pokemon in Ash's team. I can only think about two evil Pokemon - Tediursa\Ursaring from Johto and Togepi from Sinnoh. I guess all evil things come from Johto.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It would be a nice idea to insert that Togepi in here. We never get to see an evil Pokemon on team. Most of Pokemon aren't shown to be evil and such kind of Pokemon in main characters team will be like a shiny Pokemon in Ash's team. I can only think about two evil Pokemon - Tediursa\Ursaring from Johto and Togepi from Sinnoh. I guess all evil things come from Johto.

That's because their leader is Silver/Kamon. Bad rival, very bad rival!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I wonder how many Dawn and Togekiss threads will be made before she even gets one? Even if someone closes this one I can see another one involving Dawn getting Togekiss coming up. I personally don't mind it. The timing could have been better but Togekiss is a powerful flying Pokemon with great special attack's so she can have one I guess. But she doesn't have one right now.

BlueDragonfangirl

I feel Togekiss matches Dawn perfectly. However, yah I can see why Misty fans would be upset about this idea. I don't really care though, it will probaly evolve from that evil togepi, we saw it following Ash and the gang last time, has to mean we won't see the last of them. Wonder if Misty ever meets them again, will see get reminded of her own when she see's it? Probaly be an emotional moment for Misty, she can teach Dawn a few things about it.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I think Togetic was Misty's signature pokemon, and Togekiss should only be given to Cynthia, although since Gastrodon was revealed, that may not happen, but regardless, Togekiss is not for Dawn, she already got Mamoswine.

Last edited:

Lorde

I think Togetic was Misty's signature pokemon, and Togekiss should only be given to Togekiss.

Do you mean Togekiss should be Dawn's?

I don't see many similarities between Dawn and Togekiss, except maybe that both are almost always happy. Maybe that happiness attracts Togekiss to Dawn.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think Togetic was Misty's signature pokemon, and Togekiss should only be given to Cynthia, although since Gastrodon was revealed, that may not happen, but regardless, Togekiss is not for Dawn, she already got Mamoswine.

Misty left the show 8 years ago, on top of Togetic being released.

The Togepi line is not exclusive to Misty.

i remember reading on one of the other threads about a ribbon going missing during the next episode and I thought how awsome it would be if it turned out the evil Togepi stole it and dawn had to catch it to get the ribbon back. Kinda like how Ash's snorunt stole Ash's badges

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I like the paring of Togekiss and Dawn.I think Togekiss will be caught as a Togepi.And the evil togepi,I have to think about it.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
i remember reading on one of the other threads about a ribbon going missing during the next episode and I thought how awsome it would be if it turned out the evil Togepi stole it and dawn had to catch it to get the ribbon back. Kinda like how Ash's snorunt stole Ash's badges

Haven't seen that.. source?

The evil Togepi + Dawn? Epic win, it will pretend to be just a regular Togepi but be up to mischief when Dawn isn't looking. Knocking the small ones about and stuff :D

A Togekiss + Dawn, not so much a problem with that. Misty had her time, but her Togepi didn't do any competitive battling so I'm all up for it. Besides I like seeing it in the animé, so it being owned by a main character is going to be nice.

Besides bug types, we don't get that many flying pokemon in the contests so this will be a first for a main character, if I remember correctly.

I remember it being shown in the same shot as Buneary, maybe this Togekiss will be male and take a liking to Buneary :p Lol, then when the bunny breaks up with it, it can learn Aura Sphere and hurt it bad. Likewise Buneary can hurt it bad with Ice beam, how cool is that xD

its the pokemon version of a chick flick. The young pokemon coardinator and the mischevious misunderstood togepi. She sees through his gruff exterior and slowly warms his heart to the ideas of love and friendship, causing him to evolve and cast away his wickedness.

Haven't seen that.. source?

I have no idea if theres a source for it or not its just something i saw crop up. I think it was in the DP161 thread

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
Goodness knows we haven't had enough repitition with the main characters' pokémon, let alone reasons for the main girls to be compared ad nauseum.

Horrible idea in this man's opinion.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Goodness knows we haven't had enough repitition with the main characters' pokémon, let alone reasons for the main girls to be compared ad nauseum.

Horrible idea in this man's opinion.

I actually think its funny. For both sinister reasons, and amusement reasons.

If anything, the Togepi line will now actually do something.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I actually think its funny. For both sinister reasons, and amusement reasons.
I am shocked.
If anything, the Togepi line will now actually do something.
Granted that will be nice, but they couldn't have just showcased Togekiss as a pokémon of the day? As is, it begs the question of why they wasted the potential of the original Togepi and had it do nothing of interest in over 200 episodes, only to reinvent the wheel with such a blatant parallel all these years later.

Kasumi aside, giving the main characters so many recycled pokémon leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Meanwhile there are pokémon like the *zomg unspeakable taboo* Porygon line which we have no hope of ever seeing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.