• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn + Togekiss = ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
FEE FI FO FUM, I SMELL THE BLOOD OF A MISTY THREAD.

I'll keep this topic open on the condition that there's no more Misty discussion. No "The Togepi line is for MISTY!", no "Misty hasn't been relevent in 500 years lol", no nothing. Discuss how Togekiss and Dawn will relate/work together/however you want to phrase it, your opinion on her capture of Togekiss, whatever, but NO MISTY. I'm sick and tired of any topic remotely related to the red-haired dramabomb igniter turning into a Misty war.

Not that I have high hopes of you people keeping Misty out of this, but my optimist side demands that I have faith in humanity sometimes.

SketchFox7

I believe that Togekiss would definitely be a good asset to Dawn's team, I do think that there are pokemon I see as more suiting, but Togekiss would be a strong (and sadly already confirmed, lol) member of Dawn's team

Heracross

Custom User Title
I would have disliked the Togepi/tic/kiss capture just as much if any main character had one previously, just as I disliked Hikari getting a Hinoarashi and Haruka getting Zenigame (Fushigidane on the other hand is exempt from my disapproval).

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I want at least a good 35 eps as a togepi if dawn catchs it and dawn has to carry it around like misty did (piplup will walk,or be on her head if ash can with a lavetar chikorita and pikachu she can to) I want dawn to have a soothe bell around togepi's neck and a women tells dawn pokemon become happy when their out of their balls and being held once togepi evovles i want a good 10-20 eps as a togetic or in the case togetic doesn't evovle during sinnoh i want it to have 30-35 eps as a togetic

I want at least a good 35 eps as a togepi if dawn catchs it and dawn has to carry it around like misty did (piplup will walk,or be on her head if ash can with a lavetar chikorita and pikachu she can to) I want dawn to have a soothe bell around togepi's neck and a women tells dawn pokemon become happy when their out of their balls and being held once togepi evovles i want a good 10-20 eps as a togetic or in the case togetic doesn't evovle during sinnoh i want it to have 30-35 eps as a togetic

it's larvitar ya as you mispell as lavetar

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
it's larvitar ya as you mispell as lavetar

In the words of a good singer for 4-16 year-olds

DA DA DA DA EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKE 1! 2! 3! 4! EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKES EVERYBODY HAS THOSE DAYS EVERYBODY KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT EVERYBODY GETS THAT WAY!

zeno48

Zaker!
It's cute, it should have serene grace because that ability alone could help Dawn out tremendously. Togekiss and Dawn are okay in my book.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Recycling pokemon happens because remakes, because they have to attract new audience that haven't seen the show, or doesn't care about what happened 8 years ago >>

Anyway, i wouldn't want it to be a Togepi for that many episodes, in fact, i would like her to catch a Togetic! Yeah, right away a Togetic and have then a lot of episodes about Togetic (a pokemon we haven't seen as much as Togepi).

I wouldn't mind how long it takes her to evolve Togetic as long as we can see enough of that pokemon.

About personality, i doubt it will be the "evil Togepi", but i would like it to have a personality of it's own, mischievous or something. I wouldn't mind if it aura spheres Piplup for a couple of episodes just like some other pokemon...

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Considering that Togepi has already appeared once in the DP series & as been shown for a long time (around 220 episodes). My guess would be that if Dawn's Togekiss appears as a Togepi in the anime it shouldn't stay for long as Togepi since it got a lot of screen-time.
But if it is caught as Togetic (or evolves quickly from Togepi) & stays like that for a duration of episode before it evolves then i won't have a problem because Togetic has only appeared once in the "628" episode of pokemon we had till now (it didn't even get a side cameo till now).

I think Togetic could be said to be on 2nd spot after Porygon line in the least amount or no amount of appearance in the anime till now (correct me if i am wrong on this).

Now to the main point of this thread. The way Togekiss would be used would depend on how the writers decide to portray its character & what its movepool would be (movepool is important because it has some of the most powerful attacks in the game).

I think Togetic could be said to be on 2nd spot after Porygon line in the least amount or no amount of appearance in the anime till now (correct me if i am wrong on this).

There is one other Pokemon that got only one appearance and thats Gulpin. Its strange thats most of previous gen Pokemon have already appeared in the anime.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
There is one other Pokemon that got only one appearance and thats Gulpin. Its strange thats most of previous gen Pokemon have already appeared in the anime.
Counting all its short appearances, Gulpin have appeared in three different episodes. Also counting the focused episode in which it appeared first, there where a lot of them showed in that single episode. Check link for confirmation,
http://www.serebii.net/anime/dex/316.shtml

i quite like the Dawn and Togekiss pairing. Togekiss is a pokemon which complements Dawns team really well. It has the short size, cute and power factors which sums up the rest of her pokemon quite well into just this one. I personally would prefer it skipping the togepi stage or atleast a very quick evolution as i am a bit tired of togepi.

As for personality i cannot really see it being evil. I would like to maybe see it being a bit similar with buizel that it has a love battling. Would be an interesting thing to watch a Togekiss picking fights at random with other pokemon. In my opinion anyways.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I still believe Cynthia will have to do with this one somehow. Either that or it's the evil Togepi, or we're getting another visit to the Togepi Kingdom. I'm also not ruling out the other alternative, but we can't discuss that obviously. I'm curious as to why it's taken this long to give Dawn a pokemon like Togekiss, and why six pokemon are even necessary for the Grand Festival (May never used more than four), so I'm expecting it to stick around for the likely filler saga.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has considered this, but don't Togetic and Roselia evolve using the same stone? Perhaps Nando has some sort of role in this.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
You don't necessarily need six Pokemon for the GF but more Pokemon mean's more combos to try out in appeals and battles. Also if you use only four Pokemon it's easier to counter those Pokemon. The more Pokemon you own the easier it is to cover your weakness, However I don't know if this applies to contest.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
May never had 6 pokemon and she was very strong in her 2nd GF. we just need to see how Dawn will use her Togekiss, it might be used only for the appeal because it has unusual beauty for this.

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
I'll answer the title question.... Dawn + Togekiss = WTF?????

It might be that evil Togepi, who knows. I hope she uses it in the Grand Festival; it will look pretty in it.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It seems most people rule out the possiblity of it pulling a Glalie for the GF which is the only way Toge can get screen time this far in the season. It will be DEM of Togekiss but if it has good battle's then whatever.

~Upsidedown 403~

Hmm...fitting in...I just think it would compliment her team more...in terms of appearance and power...But uh, I think it would fit in better if anoter pokemon on Dawn's team evolved...Ash got all these evolutions so why not Dawn?

I really...still hope that Buneary evolves at some point...And perhaps it's too early for Cyndaquil...yeah, it is...

I guess, Buneary will stay as is for a while, they've had forever to play with it and Pika's relationship...But they haven't done anything about it...It'll be interesting to see that evolve...

Where is Dawn going to get this shiny stone? I just hope she gets the Toge and keeps it moving.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Ok, honestly, here is what I think about Dawn+Togekiss:

1) Misty-Who cares if Misty deserved Togekiss. Personally, its better for a Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss to be on Dawn's team. Why? Because Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss would actually be used, instead of just appearing outside its ball all day and using random Metronome's and it will be used in numerous contests and battles.

2) How & When- About how Dawn will actually obtain this Pokémon..........I am actually 95% sure its a wild Togepi/Togetic. It cannot be from an egg because Dawn just got a egg Pokémon: Cyndaquil. Then again, Ash did get 2 eggs back-to-back(Phanpy & Larvitar) but they had around a 20 episode gap. My closest bet on it being someone elses Togepi/Togetic is Cynthia.

3) Personality- I am hoping it has a different personlity then the evil Togepi. Like others said, I am rooting for a clumsy Pokémon. I have a good feeling it will be clumsy. Have we ever had a Pokémon with that before? I cannot recall anything??:)

4) Movepool- I can see Togepi with Metronome, Extrasensory, Charm, and Sweet Kiss. As a Togetic, adding Me First, replacing Charm or Sweet Kiss. As a Togekiss, Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Extremespeed. Keeping Extrasensory.

5) It's actual usage- It might shine after the Sinnoh Saga, probably in the Filler Saga and IF there is a Gen V, then Togekiss will get some good victories off-screen. I can see it working well with Buneary in Double Performances/Battles like they should them together in the Opening. It will be a good addition to Dawn's Team.

FlameRose

I think it's awesome Dawn's getting a strong pokemon like togekiss. It's cute enough, but I can see it being a surprise powerhouse when it evolves into togetic and togekiss. The best part is how varied a togekiss' movepool can be. I definitely hope it will have aura sphere, since I can see that being used in a few neat ways for appeals and battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.