• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn: Who does she love? (V.2)

Which Dawn Shipping?

• Ash x Dawn

Votes: 69 42.3%
  • Paul x Dawn

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • Kenny x Dawn

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • Barry x Dawn

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • Conway x Dawn

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Zoey x Dawn

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Gary x Dawn

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Mistress

I noticed that the last one was bumped and therefore closed, so here we go again.

Personally, I think Dawn ties with Ash for having the most amount of lovers in the whole fandom. Well, maybe not as much, but she certainly has a lot more than the other female protagonists of the anime. There's a variety of shippings involving her, from the extremely (and sometimes annoyingly) common IkariShipping to the Japanese-popular PearlShipping to the not-so-common LightRockShipping. There are loads out there, including the ones that don't actually involve the anime Dawn.

So... which one do you support the most? Do you have any particular shippings you like including Dawn? What about the ones that you don't particularly like (in a non-offensive way, of course? Vote here, and discuss. And provide reasons for your preferences. Don't just say "ooh i liek ikarishipping cuz every1 else does".

As for me, I am a fan of PearlShipping these days. I just like the way that they interacted in the anime: it seemed to me that Ash really did care about Dawn. I also support PenguinShipping but only as one-sided from Kenny, and TwinleafShipping but only in-game.

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
@CyberCubed:That stalking was awesome!...I loved how he popped in the computers room in the league xD.
@FlameMistress:Weill this is different from PS thread XD.
I SUPPORT Pearlshipping,But in reality...I don't think Hikari knows who does she loves.
She is a dense to a lesser degree than Satoshi,but still dense.
DP144(or 45 don't remember) and DP178 proved that she knows about love,but it was very direct.
Kengo didn't scream:"I LOVE YOU HIKARI!!" so Even after DP180,she doesn't know that he likes her...she thought he was inviting her because he recognize her as a talented coordinator and a good friend.
In the end,DP191,she MAYBE thought about this...I don't have enough proof to say that she loves Satoshi and knows it well.But I think he could realize that in a near future.
Just like Kotone seeing Satoshi and Hikari argument and after their cheering before the contest.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Honestly as of right now I don't think Dawn loves anyone...though if I had to pick the guys who I think she could fall for I would say Ash, Kenny or Barry. I think I'm rooting for Barry the most though just because it's kind of eccentric and sugary sweet with a burst of caffeine. :3 So I'ma vote for Barry x Dawn. Plus she did copy his line once which was cute.

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
@00poke_maniac:What is his line?"You will pay me" something like this?
Was it in the dub?

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
I can´t really agree with dubs...they adapt many things.I think the original is the one that counts,but I thought it was funny the conversation between Jun and Hikari in the league when he tells he is going to say that he is the best and blah blah blah...and Hikari imitates Shinji expression xD.
i am a Pearlshipper,but if anything silly happens...I would make her go with either Jun,Kouhei or Shinji(the 3 would be hilarious!)

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I go for Ash. They have that closeness that tells how they connect so well. So my vote goes to Pearlshipping. That is the only Dawn shipping I majorly support. Besides GirlPowershipping or Dawn x Cynthia.

Gah I love tons of Dawn ships. She's, like, my fandom bicycle. She looks good with just about anyone haha, even the ships I don't support are kinda cute to an extent.

My vote goes to Pearlshipping though. I just love it so much. :3 Second would have to be Ikari, with third being LunarEclipse.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Flame Mistress said:
There's a variety of shippings involving her, from the extremely (and sometimes annoyingly) common IkariShipping
Be nice now. Have respect for all shippings.

Especially because I'm an Ikarishipper. :p If I had to choose a ship I was even following in DP, it would be that one. I don't think there was anything REALLY going on, but I just like it. XD

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Yay Pearl is winning!!!
Everyone:LOL,It is the main cast...so it isn´t fair.
Me:I don´t think Advanced would win a poll against Contest xD

Flame Mistress

@Encyclopika: Sorry, I just have that particular grudge against those cliche academy fics, and most of them focus on IkariShipping.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm not really fond of Ikarishipping. I remember when DP started in 2006, the only reason it became popular is that Dawn and Paul were the first new characters from DP shown, and it looked like Brock had been replaced by Paul.

Other than that, and Dawn getting mad at Paul for forgetting she exists at Roark's Gym, there was really no interaction between the two till the league.

I understand why people like the idea for fanfiction and fanart, but in terms of the anime I can't see it at all. The two never even had a subplot together either.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm not really fond of Ikarishipping. I remember when DP started in 2006, the only reason it became popular is that Dawn and Paul were the first new characters from DP shown, and it looked like Brock had been replaced by Paul.

Other than that, and Dawn getting mad at Paul for forgetting she exists at Roark's Gym, there was really no interaction between the two till the league.

I understand why people like the idea for fanfiction and fanart, but in terms of the anime I can't see it at all. The two never even had a subplot together either.

agreed. The only shipping that works best to me is Pearlshipping.

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
I kinda like IkariShipping and PenguinShipping, but more IkariShipping. My reasons are:
1. It gets Dawn out of the way for AdvanceShipping (No offense meant to PearlShippers)
2. Paul and Dawn are sort of those 'opposites attract'
3. You'd think the name DeeDee would wear off in Year 4, but Kenny is still calling her that now?
4. Paul and Dawn look cute together.

Oh, and Iokoduro, Advanceshipping would win HANDS-DOWN. In fact, I might make a thread to prove my point.

Last edited:

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Shu already took over any possibility of Advanced.No offense but...Haruka stalked Shu in Johto.I know that M9 was very shippy,but I think it was forced too.I mean the last movie is set after the events of "Spontaneous Combusken" episode.And that united to AG187 is a killer for Advanced(And before I started watching DP I liked Advanced,now I think Contest deserve to be half canon status)

UDI

Orange Hero
the only shipping for Dawn is Pearl

I will treat the options from the poll in this post.

Ash x Dawn
No, just no! Ash is not in love with Dawn, he sees her as a friend and nothing mroe than that. Ash is in love with Misty, and Ash and Misty have a relationship. I'm sure that Ash would never cheat on Misty.

Paul x Dawn
I don't see why I would believe in this shipping.

Kenny x Dawn
I can't explain why, but I don't really believe in this, even though there were some hints.

Barry x Dawn
No, because I believe in...

Conway x Dawn
Conway stalks Dawn, his love is obvious. Dawn hasn't shown that much attraction to Conway, but there were some hints. I think Conway and Dawn are a couple.

Zoey x Dawn
I don't know if Dawn is lesbian, but I think this shipping is also very possible. They are more than just friends and rivals. There are some hints for it. But I think Conway x Dawn is more probable.

Gary x Dawn
I can't explain why, but I don't believe in this. I don't see Gary being in love with Dawn, that's why I don't think they have a relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.