• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn: Who does she love? (V.2)

Which Dawn Shipping?

• Ash x Dawn

Votes: 69 42.3%
  • Paul x Dawn

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • Kenny x Dawn

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • Barry x Dawn

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • Conway x Dawn

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Zoey x Dawn

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Gary x Dawn

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessed

KENNY LOVES DAWN!!! PENGUINSHIPPING!!! Although Barry & her are kinda cute & I did like the tag team episodes with Dawn & Conway...

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Ah,come on....no bashing intended AquaMilotic,but even I,being Pearlshipper, know that Satoshi is only in love with his mom and his Pokémon.
Maybe Poke or Pearl or any other shipping could happen in the future...but for now,what is in Satoshi´s mind is his dream of being Pokémon Master.

Flame Mistress

@AquaMilotic: In my version of off-screen Pokémon, Ash and Misty DID like each other, but Misty kinda stopped contacting him after a while and gradually Ash's feelings for Misty wore off, BUT Misty kept on loving Ash. But Dawn came along, Ash took a liking to her, and started to develop feelings for her during his journey. I think Dawn might return his feelings, but there's a possibility that she won't, since in my opinion Dawn was about 12 when she started her journey (come on, you don't see 10 year olds looking like that) and Ash was about 14 (he can't stay 10 forever). So he DID cheat on Misty. But that's only me.

And yeah, even I think Ash will properly love anyone until he's become the Champion (which is, in my world, when he's 16).

...And Kenny has a crush on Dawn, which is why he doesn't stop calling her DeeDee - he really wants to say that he likes her, but he makes that DeeDee every time instead. Trust me, I know these sort of things can happen.

Blessed

I LOVE her flirty side "you just wanted to see me wearin in a dress... riiiiighhhttt?" LOL!
[IMG200]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwttx0Tt1M1r5s9a0o5_250.gif[/IMG200][IMG200]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwttx0Tt1M1r5s9a0o6_400.gif[/IMG200]

Last edited:

vespiqueen

I've always liked Barry and Dawn even though there isn't much there, they've only had a few hints but I just think it would be cute. :3

I like Ash and Dawn as well, and I guess Kenny and Dawn together isn't too bad.
I feel like Penguinshipping has the best chance, so I guess I sort of support it. even though Kenny is boring as f.

If Gary and Dawn would have had some hints on Gary's side, I definitely would have supported it!

Conway's creepy obsession with Dawn was kind of funny imo. I liked that ship too.

Paul and Dawn is one ship I never really understood. Although I liked the idea of it, there really wasn't anything there imo. :/

And as much as I'd love a lesbian ship to go cannon, I think Dawn only looked up to Zoey if anything.

tl;dr I like basically every Dawn ship, but the ones I support the least are Ikari and whatever Zoey and Dawn were called.

Flame Mistress

What makes me happy is that lots of people are PearlShippers here. XD Didn't expect this much.

No offence, but I never really understood IkariShipping either, aside from the fact that it was supposed to be "Opposites Attract". I don't think there were any hints...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
What makes me happy is that lots of people are PearlShippers here. XD Didn't expect this much.

No offence, but I never really understood IkariShipping either, aside from the fact that it was supposed to be "Opposites Attract". I don't think there were any hints...

Dawn and Paul were the first two DP characters revealed so that's why. People shipped them before we even knew Paul's personality.

Encyclopika

The Queen
FlameMistress said:
@Encyclopika: Sorry, I just have that particular grudge against those cliche academy fics, and most of them focus on IkariShipping.
OMG I know! Terrible. I've only ever read one for a while and liked it, but usually, those kinds of fics will ruin any ship since they have to completely change the lives of the characters, which goes hand in hand with making them OOC. D:
The only way to make an Ikarishipping fic is to separate Dawn and Paul from every other character and make it really awkward for both of them, which makes me laugh and enjoy their pain. I'm a really sick shipper, but that's why I love these kinds of ships. XD NO COMFORT FOR YOU! :p

And for those who don't understand Ikarishipping, you have to admit it's hard to understand any ship Paul is involved in.

Cybercubed said:
Other than that, and Dawn getting mad at Paul for forgetting she exists at Roark's Gym, there was really no interaction between the two till the league.
Don't be too general, they've interacted more than "no times". However, since nothing came out of any ship, I'm not about to start debating hints - it's not like this is my OTP or something. XD

Oh, and for the record, I didn't like Ikarishipping until after I saw what Paul was like. Stop making generalizations, plz.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I actually watched all 190 eps of DP, and I only remember those three or so times that Dawn and Paul interacted. Paul would usually ignore everyone except Ash when he appeared. Even when Barry tried interacting with Paul there wasn't much he said back to him.

Blessed

I dont understand IKARI either but I read because of the opposites attract! there's sooooo many viddies on of them on YOUTUBE.

ANYWAYS I SUPPORT KENNY & DAWN. <3

You know, as an Ikarishipper myself, the appeal in Ikarishipping doesn't just lie in the number of 'hints' and interactions they've had in the anime, but also the possibilities and what ifs the two characters generate based on the premise of 'opposites attract' and what was already established in canon. Remember that shippers have a large imagination. :p

Just my two cents~

(Also, I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who cringed at Academy fics haha.)

blackterminator3

I believe Dawn and Ash would be nice together since they are like the same age and have a lot of things in common.

CommanderPigg

I'm a Penguinshipper simply for the fact that I love rival ships and I thought that it had a cute premise. It was just wasted potential in the end though, since Kenny is the personification of wasted potential :(

It's canon that Kenny likes Dawn, and it's just SO FREAKING SAD that he has no chance in hell. Good Arceus, he didn't even get a proper rejection...just a crappy note as she rode away with the womanizer Ash on a f*cking boat. I feel for ya, Kenny, mah man. I feel ya.

In terms of the whole Ikarishipping ordeal, it should be blatantly stated that I am very much Anti-Ikarishipping, not because of the shipping itself, but because of its inflated popularity. I feel like the hints are there, especially on Dawn's side, but it shouldn't be enough to fuel a larger fanbase than, let's say, Comashipping, which I think has twice the amount of canon hints (Ash ran after him during a sunset and basically looked like a kicked puppy when Paul was leaving early. My god ;_; ). If Comashipping were het, I swear Coma/ColdCoffee would be more popular than Ikari.

Not suggesting that one ship is better than the other, just saying that I kinda wish other pairings had that same kinda recognition as Ikari did. I think it's because of a few really dedicated and talented Ikari fans that the fandom really started to kick off. Especially in the AMV community (ya know who I'm talkin' bout ;D). They have my utmost respect.

It has little to do with the fact that they were the first few characters introduced. Ikari REALLY started to take off after Dawn flashed her panties at him. It's understandable that it's popular because at the time, it was the only other alternative straight non-Ash pairing other than lightrockshipping (but no one likes straight brock shippings lololol jk) and I blame pair the spares in that situation. Also, as others have said, opposites attract ;P

I am also a Conway x Dawn shipper for reasons. Conway is just so...persistent XD

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Sapphirepearlshipping was pretty popular around the time the Wallace Cup episodes aired. There's also tons of fanart for it.

togekiazu

I'm honestly a Ikarishipper. I know there isn't that much evidence in the anime, but you might be able to understand it if you look at the fanfiction or an AMV of them. I also like the "opposites attract" thing.
I also support Pearlshipping, and Twinleafshipping, but only in the game. It doesn't really appeal to me in the anime.
I also think that Penguinshipping is cute, but it won't happen. Dawn just doesn't seem that interested in Kenny.
I don't really care who Dawn is paired up with. *shrugs* I think she could probably look good with anyone. ^u^

Status
Not open for further replies.