• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn with a Mamoswine

Status
Not open for further replies.

uber gon

Accept Change
In the SEMI-unlikely event that we will see Dawn's Swinub (maybe) fully evolve into a Mamoswine, how would you react to this particular event.

blackrose

i wouldn't be shocked, pokemon are at their strongest when they fully evolve, but i think she should keep it as piloswine, it the cutest :)

uber gon

Accept Change
i wouldn't be shocked, pokemon are at their strongest when they fully evolve, but i think she should keep it as piloswine, it the cutest :)

Meh, it'd be pretty neat to see Dawn deal with a fully evolved pokémon. And since we may not be seeing an Empoleon anytime soon...

Well, I think that it is obvious this Swinub will evolve to Mamoswine. Otherwise, as harsh as it sounds it has no purpose in Diamond and Pearl. Swinub and Piloswine have been showcased before so it'll just be the way that Mamoswine is shown I think.

I cant see her with one, id see brock with it more.

Exactly^

Brock has never (not that i know of) had a ice type.

closest thing he has had was mudkip.
Edit: RANK UP!

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
It is not known yet, when Dawn or Brock will get a Swinub.

unown?

ghost freak
i just can't see it on a contest stage. battling maybe but not contests. i hope it does not get traded though...

treespyro

Vintage much?
I can't see it..it would be really wierd

Brock with Swinub..i can't imagine that either

SUPERSTARZZ

The Cool Pip!
Yeah, and Mamoswine will send Dawn flying to the air with its Body Slam to show its affection. Poor Dawn. She's very slim, and being crushed by a heavy mammoth will be a problem.

I'm really disappointed that Brock won't receive the Swinub. Mamoswine suits Brock far better than a rookie girl.

It's best for Swinub to never evolve.

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
It's best for Swinub to never evolve.

Then what's the point of it being caught then? >_>

Aipom, Gligar, and Yanma should be enough proof that guarantees a high chance that it will evolve all the way to Mamoswine.

Geez, all because Mamoswine looks too brutal for Dawn? I guess Happiny is too girly for Brock. :/

Geez, all because Mamoswine looks too brutal for Dawn? I guess Happiny is too girly for Brock. :/
Well, Brock always has a three-stage Pokémon, Crobat/Ludicolo, I think people are saying that Mamoswine should be Brocks. I can't see it on stage myself, I cant see a Mamoswine making an appeal. Oh, and Happiny with Brock is fine since he is a Breeder and that is a baby Pokémon.

What I am hoping for, in a HUGE twist. Swinub eats Dawns Poffins, her Pokémon hate it and go crazy. It can't go on Dawns team as they all hate it so Brock takes it in. :p It won't happen, but I can dream can't I?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
It's something I'm greatly anticipating. Not only because Mamoswine is a personal favourite of mine, which I feel is infinately more appealing than it's younger, swine-like forms. Oh no. But because it'd be a huge sigh of relief to finally see the heroine break free of the groan-worthy trend of having to be saddled with 'cutesy, girly' pokémon that are so cliché, Stevie Wonder could have probably seen them coming if they were breaching the edge of our solar system.
Plus, it'd be about time to see a huge beast like that fixed to the main team recieving actual battle attention. Oh, Onix. So close, yet so far.

Thankfully, chances are it is going to go all the way, thanks to the obvious fact that it's an old (and admit it), forgettable pokémon from almost a decade ago with a brand spankin' new form to show off later in it's life.
That is, unless the members of Serebii forums start puking out sayings such as 'It's DP, anything could happen', which I'm sure there's a cure for now.
Quite frankly, I don't understand why some consider a Mamoswine 'not suiting her' would be a bad thing. So, what, you actually want them to go the painfully obvious route every single time? What a strange breed you are...

dman_dustin

The problem with Brock and Swinub is he doesn't need it , Dawn does.

Dawn needs a 5th Pokemon for the grand festival plus Dawn needs a blaziken/Venusaur/charizard/sceptile of sorts. Now Piplup is almost guaranteed not to evolve unless Piplup decides to evolve.

Brock's Croagunk and and Happiny could evolve, so there's that option, but really what does Mamoswine do for Brock? All it does is give him a strong Pokemon but beyond that Brock doesn't need a Mamoswine because honestly it doesn't seem useful for him.

And so what if Buneary is an Ice Beam user? There are many ice type attacks out there and they do look different that can create different appeals, plus Swinub is part ground and will no doubt learn ancient power so it can evolve. Plus Swinub helps Dawn because it can appeal and ultimately be used as a strong battler.

As for Buneary unless they can give the poor thing a new move; I don't see it being used for appeals for moves alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.