• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn's Buneary's voice actress passes away

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
OH DEAR GOD! I swore to god you meant the dub! I was like "SARAH DIED?!" Ok phew. Still sad news for the Japanese viewers though :(

Captain Brain

May she Rest in Peace. ;025;

Hilijix

Back in Blue
R.I.P Tomoko Kawakami.

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
Hopefully Tomoko rests in peace. I'm not saying this because she's a Pokemon actress, I couldn't care less, but because she looks like and probably was a nice person. 40 (or 41) seems like too young an age to die.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I was just about to post this.

so sad only 41 (even though bulbapedia claims she is 40) so young to pass away :(

There's no set age for someone to pass away. That's why we should cherish every moment of our life while we can.

On topic, my condolence goes to her family and friends, and may she be rest in peace.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Awww... And I ****ing love Buneary!! My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

Rubicante

Banned
I find Buneary absolutely adorable. It's a shame she passed away, she was so young. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
i thought sarah 2 :( if that happened i bet you veronica taylor would be at the front door of tcpi wanting a job :p

That was my thought too. but then i thought they would of

put "Ash's voice actress" so that meant it had to be the japanese voice of buneary---- RIP buneary's japanese voice actor.

that wouldve been massive news if it was about ash!! i think veronica would you know, she misses voicing him and so do us fans miss her voice!!
(me thinks us fans so take a vote who voices the dub)

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
That was my thought too. but then i thought they would of

put "Ash's voice actress" so that meant it had to be the japanese voice of buneary---- RIP buneary's japanese voice actor.

that wouldve been massive news if it was about ash!! i think veronica would you know, she misses voicing him and so do us fans miss her voice!!
(me thinks us fans so take a vote who voices the dub)

Honestly a cartoon is just a cartoon. A bunch of drawings on a screen. I don't care who voices who or the workings of a cartoon when someone in real life dies. The cartoon to me is no longer important when a death of a live human being happens.

If it had been any VA whether it'd be current, old or japanese I would have been sad like I am now over the japanese VA at the moment since death is always sad for me. If I had a choice I would never want to see this happen to any VA personally.

No matter what way someone looks at it, it's real life and it's a death of a live person.

A life is a life and it's short.

My heart goes out to the family of Tomoko Kawakami. I didn't know her but may she RIP.

Last edited: