• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn's Early Night! (517)

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
although it was a twist for dawn not making it past the appeal round it kinda felt forced, and a bit of a stretch.

jessie got in how? jessie's appeal was better than dawn's... whatever you say writers...

nando's appeal was next to godly though, probably the most original performence Iv'e seen in quite a while.

I'm kinda mad that a random anime filler guy did better than nando's performance. NOTHING CAN TOP THAT NOTHING!!!

and... was there always a mew on that harp, or was that a new addition.. ugh I can't recall.

From the comments I've seen and the pics, this appears to be a really good ep, Dawn doesn't even make it past the appeals rounds and from the pics I've seen, she takes it pretty hard, personally I think if this were to happen it should've happened in AG with May, she's more emotional than Dawn. Also someone needs to upload this epi on YT, but then again if they do most likely they'll get suspended and we don't want that, I don't feel like downloading it...through a torrent anyway and since we aren't allowed to ask for downloads I'm not going to, although I do wanna see this ep and I'm not waiting until Summer 2008 to see it.

uber gon

Accept Change

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
I take that by the opening getting updated with Shinji's team, Together is NEVER going to get changed --;

and how much do people wanna bet that the the big word "Bar" is going to get edited by PUSA?

Btw, The for sure destruction of this episode's soundtrack is probably whats going to make me snap against them x_x;

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
I take that by the opening getting updated with Shinji's team, Together is NEVER going to get changed --;

and how much do people wanna bet that the the big word "Bar" is going to get edited by PUSA?

Btw, The for sure destruction of this episode's soundtrack is probably whats going to make me snap against them x_x;

They edited the boss scene for the Burmy episode, so that'll probably happen.

~Mesprit~

*Summertime*
Hikari isn't talented coordinator. She would love to be like her mother but not all kids inherit talents of their parents. Nozomi is good with her job but Hikari must learn a lot or give up with her success. She is good trainer and her pokemon also aren't bad but she doesn't have idea how to run a contest show. The last appearance was boring and not original. Pocchama used Bubblebeam, Pachirisu - Sweet Kiss, the red hearts jumped in the bubbles and that was everything what Hikari could figure out. Nozomi's pokemon made a rainbow, even Musashi was better (weird but original). I don't dislike Hikari but doing a good show is little too hard for her. She is still young but I would be happy if she found another goal. It would be a first time when pokemon trainer can't make its dreams real.

Geodude

Well that's just it, it seems that the contests are being paced a little better this time than in Hoenn/BF. Sure Dawn got her first ribbon much sooner than May did, but May didn't lose much overall. Dawn's win/loss record will probably turn out to be a bit more realistic. Also, these losses give us a chance to see some character development for her.

uber gon

Accept Change
Well that's just it, it seems that the contests are being paced a little better this time than in Hoenn/BF. Sure Dawn got her first ribbon much sooner than May did, but May didn't lose much overall. Dawn's win/loss record will probably turn out to be a bit more realistic. Also, these losses give us a chance to see some character development for her.

Because we know the writers won't give much development for SOME other characters.

At least Dawn got over it.

Dax

Legend
Hikari isn't talented coordinator. She would love to be like her mother but not all kids inherit talents of their parents. Nozomi is good with her job but Hikari must learn a lot or give up with her success. She is good trainer and her pokemon also aren't bad but she doesn't have idea how to run a contest show. The last appearance was boring and not original. Pocchama used Bubblebeam, Pachirisu - Sweet Kiss, the red hearts jumped in the bubbles and that was everything what Hikari could figure out. Nozomi's pokemon made a rainbow, even Musashi was better (weird but original). I don't dislike Hikari but doing a good show is little too hard for her. She is still young but I would be happy if she found another goal. It would be a first time when pokemon trainer can't make its dreams real.

There's no problem considering she's starting. I love that she lost because it's more real. I never liked May winning over and over after her first ribbon. She lost one but then she kept winning.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
May only had two Contest losses in Hoenn (her first one and the one against the mother coordinator with Lairon), as well as the Grand Festival, and so far Dawn has lost twice as well.

You can't really count the practice Contest as a real loss, so technically Dawn has only lost two Contests so far.

I think a reason why Dawn will have more losses overall if because D/P is going to be a LONG saga and in order to balance out Dawn's ribbons with Ash's badges, she'll have to lose more or she'll get her ribbons too quickly. Since the Grand Festival won't be placed in the middle of her saga, the writers have to do this to balance it out.

uber gon

Accept Change
There's no problem considering she's starting. I love that she lost because it's more real. I never liked May winning over and over after her first ribbon. She lost one but then she kept winning.

May had a real win streak, most of her final matches weren't THAT great.

However, Dawn gets the more experienced rivals this time.

~Mesprit~

*Summertime*
Hikari is starting but her mother is coordinator so she should have been leant something about contests from her mother. It's clear that parents teach children about something what they wanna do. Hikari is acting like someone who doesn't have any idea how to do good show. Like I said earlier, I don't dislike her only I see that she is weak.

uber gon

Accept Change
Hikari is starting but her mother is coordinator so she should have been leant something about contests from her mother. It's clear that parents teach children about something what they wanna do. Hikari is acting like someone who doesn't have any idea how to do good show. Like I said earlier, I don't dislike her only I see that she is weak.

She'll get better once some of her pokémon evolve.

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
ROFL! I lurved the Smoochum riding the steelix and blowing kisses! XD Musashi's preformance was kind of lame... It was full of WIN though cause it had mime jr. in it. I feel gipped that they decided not to show Nozomi beating Nando though... >_>;

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. It was cool to see a Kricketune. There were some double performances that I found to be random; like Smoochum and Steelix. It was awesome to see a Secret Power as well as X-Scissor. It was too bad Dawn didn’t make it.

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
Have to say the dub of this episode was great. PUSA did a great job mixing their music in with the Japanese music, I didn't bother me one bit. (shocked? I know.)

But uh, Remember how in an earlier post I predicted that the random "BAR" sign would be painted over in the dub? It wasn't. So hooray for that :D

My least favorite thing about this episode, Zoey. I cannot stand that girl.

Btw, does anyone else get the feeling that Dawn's mother has absolutely no love for her daughter? It seems that way to me. >_>

Momogirl

pikachu is ma' homie
what's wrong with zoey? By the end of the episode she realy was supportive of dawn, and she even saw her own flaws and complimented nando on doing both contests and battles! Did she do something wrong? o_O; *scratches head*

but yes, good episode *_* nando is just as cool is always, I almost like him in the dub more because of the spanish accent, lol. Atleast now I could see what they were saying! I love the contest rivals in this season so much more than the jerky ones from last season >>;