• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn's Early Night! (517)

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
You people make me laugh. Seriously. xD;; If you all don't like Zoey because you all think she's such a boring/lame/omgshe'salesbian character, then so be it... I like laughing at what you guys say about her anyways... XD

Anyways, episode wise, I finally saw it... >> The dub, so all I have to say is, I was really surprised at the way Zoey is at Nando by the end the episode... But I nearly laughed off my seat when I heard her say " O RLY?" and I think they didn't show off Zoey and Nando's battle due to the fact that they were running out of time... or maybe they just don't want us to see Zoey lose badly.

And remembering correctly, Zoey already lost to 3 contests... and if you include the one with Nando, that makes it 4. >> If anyone listens to watch she says... carefully. The first two was where when she first meets Dawn, and the other one is where she meets the gang again and to catch Buizel.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Though I knew the out come of this eppy for a while now it was still nice to be able to finally see it.

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
Probably because all she does is mostly the same thing every time we see her. She either acts like a mentor to Dawn or complains about the Gym/Contest thing.
She has complained about that only two times so far. And apparently now admitted she was at fault.

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
Every single piece of music was left intact.
THATS RIGHT, PUSA DIDN'T REPLACE ANY BGMS AT ALL!

We all hate the PUSA music, it just sounds horrible.

*cheers*

You're serious? It was all left intact?
So they just used their music to fill in silence?
Dear god, maybe this'll keep up o_o

(we can all agree that this was one of the best dubbed episodes right?)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Rewatched this ep again, yeah, Dawn's appeal loss here did seem kind of off. That kind of appeal just looked perfect and the judges complimented it, I can only imagine how the Japanese felt when they were watching this ep for the first time (since they aren't spoiled like us)...it must have been quite a shocker.

The wierd thing is I felt this was better than her first two appeals in the other contests and she passed there...

TogeticTheRuler

NOO I MISSED THIS EPISODE!

I thought it would be HORRIBLE like the passed dubs since I haven't been watching them for a while.

Did Dawn's theme play?>.> If so, thats an automatic win right there.

If they leave the music intact and fix the voices so they don't sound annoying, it may be just as good as the japanese version

lightdash

Dawn and May fan

I thought it would be HORRIBLE like the passed dubs since I haven't been watching them for a while.

If they leave the music intact and fix the voices so they don't sound annoying, it may be just as good as the japanese version

Yep, automatic win. As a bonus, both of Dawn's theme are intact.

I should just watch this episode again over and over again until I figure out why Dawn lost...>>

pi-pikachu1_1

GIMME BAK MAH COOKIE
very good episode... but was jessies tickle thing really that good... i mean it was ok but cmon. 2 pkmn tickle her while shes spinning around ending in some fireworks :rolleyes: dawns was good, but she didnt create a sense of "unity" like zoey did, but whatever

RageKaiser

There is a simple reason why Jessie made it through.
All of the judges are sadists and get their jollies out of the physical torture of others, Therefore when Jessie was putting herself through the torture of the tickle attack, the Judges couldn't help but send her through.

brandon735

Avenger
I cant believe she lost.I mean Jessies boring performence was boring.I was like:What in the universe.I thought she made it last and lost the second performence stage.Well.There goes 1 contest charcter that lost the first round.And she took it hard.I mean that end part that scream was so unnesisary

E4 Edo

I would be angry to especially after all the hard work and not making it to the last round i would've screamed to...

RageKaiser

I cant believe she lost.I mean Jessies boring performence was boring.I was like:What in the universe.I thought she made it last and lost the second performence stage.Well.There goes 1 contest charcter that lost the first round.And she took it hard.I mean that end part that scream was so unnesisary

Her performance may have been boring to some, But it really makes you think how well she's gotten since her first contest back in (Rustboro was it?)

In the next contest, IMO, I thought she earned that win. I enjoyed her performance.

TogeticTheRuler

Hehe, remember when Jessie told Seviper to use Sacred Fire, but it didn't know how to use it so she did nothing lol.

dman_dustin

Rewatched this ep again, yeah, Dawn's appeal loss here did seem kind of off. That kind of appeal just looked perfect and the judges complimented it, I can only imagine how the Japanese felt when they were watching this ep for the first time (since they aren't spoiled like us)...it must have been quite a shocker.

The wierd thing is I felt this was better than her first two appeals in the other contests and she passed there...

Which is why I think she barely lost, i think it was a tie between Jessie and Dawn but Jessie just impressed the judges more.

Cobalt_Latios

You people make me laugh. Seriously. xD;; If you all don't like Zoey because you all think she's such a boring/lame/omgshe'salesbian character, then so be it... I like laughing at what you guys say about her anyways... XD

Anyways, episode wise, I finally saw it... >> The dub, so all I have to say is, I was really surprised at the way Zoey is at Nando by the end the episode... But I nearly laughed off my seat when I heard her say " O RLY?" and I think they didn't show off Zoey and Nando's battle due to the fact that they were running out of time... or maybe they just don't want us to see Zoey lose badly.

And remembering correctly, Zoey already lost to 3 contests... and if you include the one with Nando, that makes it 4. >> If anyone listens to watch she says... carefully. The first two was where when she first meets Dawn, and the other one is where she meets the gang again and to catch Buizel.

Wow, she really lost that many contests? I mean, I thought she would have won more than Dawn. But oh well. Also, Zoey took the fact that Nando was doing contests and gyms well... but only after she saw his appeal. Also, I laughed when Dawn was between Zoey and Nando, knowing that Dawn knows that Zoey hates that concept of doing both gyms and contests, and knowing that Nando is doing both just merited a decent lol.

If you'd like, I could send you chunks of it via e-mail. Or, I could upload it on Youtube, and I could give you the link later.

Overall, knowing the outcome of this contest was one thing. Not knowing the music they were going to use was another. Man, it actually felt like she lost big time. However, if you think about from another perspective, this is technically her first loss. Why do I say this? Well, the first type of contests she was doing only involved one Pokemon for the appeals. This one requires two. So in a way its an entirely different form of contests. Since she didn't get enough practice in with this style, I can sorta she her loss as being her first.

Even though I have yet to see it, knowing she loses again is just... mean. Then again I suppose its not that bad. I mean, they've only passed about 5 major cities. Considering how many cities they have left to visit, I think she'll be fine. She needs either another evolution, or another Pokémon for her next one.

Personally, I honestly did not realize any of the music was originally in the... well original version. Though, this makes me amazed that PUSA would actually go that far into doing this. You know, the more I think about it, maybe it was a good idea for PUSA to take over the "entire" Pokémon industry. It seems they're not doing the same mistakes that 4Kids has done (at least from my PoV). Knowing that many others on this forum know a lot more than I do, well take my response for a grain of salt.

Also, there were a good deal of comical events in this episode. Nando being so relaxed towards just about anything gets lots of lulz. Even when Zoey seems to be irritated towards his decisions, he's still calm. Then of course, Ash crashing into the front doors of the gym. Hasn't done that in quite some time (running into things I mean). I still have yet to see the upcoming competition, so that's going to have to wait.

Overall, I thought this episode was very well done. Now for the competition.

~C_L~

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
Hehe, remember when Jessie told Seviper to use Sacred Fire, but it didn't know how to use it so she did nothing lol.

No, but I remember her telling it to use Luster Purge, aka Latios's signature move.

Anyway, the episode wasn't too bad. It's nice to see Zoey finally respecting the idea of doing both contests and gym battles a little bit.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
No, but I remember her telling it to use Luster Purge, aka Latios's signature move.

Anyway, the episode wasn't too bad. It's nice to see Zoey finally respecting the idea of doing both contests and gym battles a little bit.

If that's true, then it just shows how idiotic Team Rocket really is! Not to mention Kenny and Dawn,
since Jessie beat them both in Solaceon Town
!

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
Top notch music and dialogue embracing a good plot all over this episode, it did so well despite shoving the battling portion under the rug. Nando's harmonics and Zoey's ingenuity made this episode have the best appeals I've ever seen all in one contest. Jessie was pretty interesting too, at first I thought she was yelping for pain from Cacnea. Smoochum and Steelix? Talking about random, a nice Duskull(my fave) imprisoning a Psyduck, for the quack's brief attempt to return into the comedy business.

This being Nando's latest appearance, I still don't get why he's seen as so dull and displeasing. I've noticed that he's pulled off some of the best lines of main characters(save Meowth and James):

'Pokemon bard at your service'
'Dear me, thee sparks are suuure flyin'
'Sunflora and Kricketune, make your mark!'

Kricketune will go to good use under Nando, that and Sunflora are beginning to characterize him so swell. Three appearances, three pokemon(and a bonus evolution), rivals are getting good use this time. Zoey VS Nando looks pretty intense too. If 'make your mark' is his catchphrase then that's something I might have to use myself sometime.

Nice feathers and shoulder blade thing there, Nando, except that doesn't count as dressing up! Maybe minor costume glitches are going to be his thing? Sounds interesting. I did find the new harp design quite sharp, some kind of MEW or weasel in it. Maybe Nando's gentle speech pattern makes him my type of guy, that or kids these days prefer characters with a complex(those have actual grow potential).

Dawn was at her best pitch all season, for a random reason Nando improved too, since Dawn of a New Era. And she had some good reactions to go along with it, especially the scream.

'I feel a lot bit nervous'
'Ooookay'

Many times I think PUSA enjoys toying with the dialogue, with the many inserted D/P moments as 'Of course I'm here' it's one of the best original scripts that still sticks the japanese (well, mostly).

8/10 Didn't really think any episode would ever score above 7 without a good battle.