• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn's handling after DP

ShadowForce720

Dawn’s special episode is about how she has bonded with each of her Pokémon and that she doesn’t want to go on a journey without them on her team. Probably why she hasn’t caught a new Pokémon but an evolution would be welcomed.
If that’s case then team changes she could really have at this point are her Buneary evolving into Lopunny and gaining as to Mega Evolution and/or her Quilava evolving into Typhlosion/Hisuian Typhlosion.

Obviously since her Piplup has decided that it doesn’t want to evolve at all, that means it evolving is out the window unless for whatever reason it changes its mind.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It just occured to me, another thing that makes Dawn's Buneary not evolving unfortunate is that it sorta creates a huge missed opportunity: Lopunny can Mega Evolve, and Ash recently obtained a Mega Lucario just this saga, so imagine how cool it would have been for Dawn and Ash to have a friendly Mega Lopunny vs Mega Lucario fight? Heck, the fact that both Pokemon are Fighting-types weak to Fighting makes it fairly even, so it could have been really interesting.

Also not helped by the fact that Mega Lopunny is one of the few Mega evolutions that never even a proper appearance in the Anime, with it only showing up in a commercial and a "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" cameo appearance in a Mega Evolution Special

Not only that but it could've also resulted in the whole DP Trio being capable of Mega Evolution.

Oh well at the Kanto Trio is capable of doing so

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
It just occured to me, another thing that makes Dawn's Buneary not evolving unfortunate is that it sorta creates a huge missed opportunity: Lopunny can Mega Evolve, and Ash recently obtained a Mega Lucario just this saga, so imagine how cool it would have been for Dawn and Ash to have a friendly Mega Lopunny vs Mega Lucario fight? Heck, the fact that both Pokemon are Fighting-types weak to Fighting makes it fairly even, so it could have been really interesting.

Also not helped by the fact that Mega Lopunny is one of the few Mega evolutions that never even a proper appearance in the Anime, with it only showing up in a commercial and a "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" cameo appearance in a Mega Evolution Special

Not only that but it could've also resulted in the whole DP Trio being capable of Mega Evolution.

Oh well at the Kanto Trio is capable of doing so
Would love to see Ash, Dawn and Brock use mega evolution in the Arceus specials. Something about that would be sweet

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
While I enjoyed the special episodes I have to admit it's weird they didn't give anything else different to her
I don't think her team could change much honestly but I would appreciate some new moves aside from her Piplup relearning Whirlpool(because it looks cool in the anime) or at least some progression in her goal

Ryker101

I don't think she's 'static' or anything but a team upgrade would've been nice. At least Quilava to Typhlosion, since it's never had good anime rep. But I'm loving her repeated appearances and interactions with everyone, new and old companions.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I'm hoping that Dawn's lack of a Typhlosion means that she will be having her Quilava evolve into a Hisuian Typhlosion in the future. I know that for that to happen at the very least she would have to go back in time to Hisui but I could definitely see that happening, especially considering how popular Legends Arceus is at the moment. I also hope that the reason we haven't had her mention winning any Grand Festivals is because the writers want to show her winning in a Grand Festival arc before Journeys ends, which they may have time for if Gen 9 doesn't come until some time in 2023.

Sham

The Guardian of War
She's not getting a Typhlosion, just accept it. And she's not winning the grand festival because no one accomplishes their goal in the anime and Dawn isn't an exception. She was just used for game promotion. Now the games are out so she has no more purpose.
Yeah at some point people are going to hang this up. This series doesn’t let anyone achieve their goal with the possible exception of Brock but his isn’t a competition or battle related.

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
She's not getting a Typhlosion, just accept it. And she's not winning the grand festival because no one accomplishes their goal in the anime and Dawn isn't an exception. She was just used for game promotion. Now the games are out so she has no more purpose.
Yeah at some point people are going to have this up. This series doesn’t let anyone achieve their goal with the possible exception of Brock but his isn’t a competition or battle related.
We all used to say that about Ash winning a League, especially after BW and XY. Then Sun and Moon came along and Ash won the Alola League and "defended his crown" by beating Professor Kukui in the exhibition, which many view as the Title Defense for Sun and Moon and confirmation that he deserved his win. Given that, anything is possible right now, especially since chances are at least 50-50 that Ash will beat Leon in the PWC Master Class.

We all used to say that about Ash winning a League, especially after BW and XY. Then Sun and Moon came along and Ash won the Alola League and "defended his crown" by beating Professor Kukui in the exhibition, which many view as the Title Defense for Sun and Moon and confirmation that he deserved his win. Given that, anything is possible right now, especially since chances are at least 50-50 that Ash will beat Leon in the PWC Master Class.
Yeah the amount of people who doubted him was hilarious in hindsight.
It got silent as a pin drop when we won.
Its like the “he will never” meme

Sham

The Guardian of War
Ash in a main character and Dawn isn’t. Most likely Dawn isn’t going to appear anytime soon so if they wanted to they would’ve. Not to mention they made it even worse implying she competed in ever more Contests but never won.

Ash’s goal wasn’t to win a league, it’s to become a Pokémon Master.

The hell is a Pokemon Master.
I headcanon that it’s being the best trainer plus having strong bonds with Pokemon and people. In OS it probably was this but it has never been defined and it ambisousily vague in order to keep Ash on the show forever...
and ever...
and ever and ever and ever...

Something Ash made up in his coma dream
But we see other trainers (mostly CoTDs in OS) wanting to become “Pokemon masters”
Are there even any Pokémon masters in the anime/games? Is Leon a Pokemon master? I wish we got some backstory on the term