• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn's New Journey! (DPSP1)

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Did anyone notice it said: "To be continued", this may mean we'll get more specials.. I'm excited! :D
If so I hope we get specials about May and Max next. I'd like to see the Johto Grand Festival and what Max is doing now that he isn't travelling. It'd be nice to see a special for Misty and Tracey again too but May and Max should have priority.

YESSS!!! ^^ *hops on my bed in fully joys
Specials for Princess Dawn Forever<^-^>
and Brock too.
Why do you keep calling her Princess Dawn? She's not connected to any Sinnoh Monarchy through blood or marrage.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Do you guys know how to find the videos? I tried typing in the japanese title and still can't find the episode Dx

Teshub

Banned
Do you guys know how to find the videos? I tried typing in the japanese title and still can't find the episode Dx

There something in that episode TPTB don't want you to see.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
This episode started off pretty interesting. They brought back the Piplup/Cyndaquil rivalry which brought out Cyndaquil's personality which is good. The episode was great up until Dawn met that girl and they rehashed the 'Following a Maiden's voyage' but the shiny tough Ariados was actually a nice touch for some reason. That Ariados looked like it was out for blood, and I agree that every Ariados seems out to kill Dawn XD

The highlight of course was Cyndaquil evolving. I don't care if people consider it unnecessary because of Ash's, I will always enjoy a main character's Pokemon evolving. And now Dawn's team look's a little more 'balanced'. Dawn was cheated out of a Empoleon (And even a Prinplup) but if for some weird reason the writer's ever show her again (not likely) I'd loved to see it go all the way and reach Typhlosion. As for Dawn going to Hoenn, I would have preferred Kanto for her to see Ambipom, Kanto also have contest. But Hoenn is where contest were born so it figure's she'd go there. To bad none of it will ever be seen. Overall a somewhat decent end for Dawn. Like I said it was all for Quilava for me.

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
I'm not too much of a Dawn fan, but I think this special was lackluster. Think more could have been done with it. Just felt so recycled. (I know, it's Pokemon. What isn't?)
Good to hear that she will still be traveling - to my favorite region, no less.

RSE plox.

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
The highlight of course was Cyndaquil evolving. I don't care if people consider it unnecessary because of Ash's, I will always enjoy a main character's Pokemon evolving. And now Dawn's team look's a little more 'balanced'.
The thing is if Buneary evolved instead it would have had the exact same effect but without taking away from Ash's Cyndaquil's evolution.

Grei

not the color
Cool, so she's going to Hoenn? I bet she's going to get a few specials there, which set up for Ash seeing her in Hoenn if and when he goes there for a filler arc.

Or, at the very least, some sort of Hoenn mini-arc with Dawn involved.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The thing is if Buneary evolved instead it would have had the exact same effect but without taking away from Ash's Cyndaquil's evolution.

The writer's had nothing to lose by evolving Dawn's Cyndaquil. They can't just hold back Pokemon just because Ash takes 5 years to evolve his Pokemon. Or it could be that I generally don't care about what the writer's do with Ash or any of his forgotten Oaked Pokemon anymore that I am able to overlook the repeat evolution's of a Cyndaquil. Like I said I will never complain about a main character Pokemon evolving especially if I like the species (big fan of the Cyndaquil line)

As for Buneary evolving? It's almost in the same boat as Piplup now. To much personality for the writer's to play off to evolve it, while Cyndaquil was begging for something to happen to it. Mainly whiny Ash fan's and Dawn hater's don't like this move. Though I'm not accusing you of being either, so please don't think that.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers

If Buneary evolved, Pikachu would take one look at her and wish he wouldn't have ignored her flirting lol

Usagi777

how can one go about watching this episode? what do i plug in to youtube or google or wutever to see it? ive spent all day lookin for it and i just wanna watch it. assistance would b GREATLY appreciated

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
To be honest this special wasn't very good. It was a rehash of bits and pieces of various DP eps put together.

I still don't like the fact that the plot was based on a lame filler girl and Dawn's Cynda evolving, which really served no purpose.

There were many interesting things they could have done with a Dawn special, but they dropped the ball here. I think its laughable that people think we're going to get specials of Dawn in Hoenn when there's really no purpose. Her story is done.

ShadowDragon16

I didn't like it. There was no creativity with this at all.

*Battle against Umbreon and Glameow (Like we haven't seen that one before)
*Piplup and Chimchar escape (Repeat of first episode, boring)
*Ariados attack (.......... if i said i didnt see that one comeing I would be lying)
*Cyndaquil evolving and learning eruption (a mirror of Ash's, it lost the suprise)
*Dawn going to Hoenn (May went to Johto, it was obvious)

Boring episode............ plain and simple

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They could have done many interesting things, like have Ambipom appear or even one of Dawn's rivals show up again.

Instead its just same old Ariados attacks, a rehash of Ash's Cynda evolving, and a filler girl with a Chimchar.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
When I had first heard that Dawn's Cyndaquil was evolving, it kinda annoyed me that we had to wait 10 years for Ash's Cyndaquil, the one who did a Hell of a lot more and got much more character development than Dawn's did in the region it didn't evolve than Dawn's did in Sinnoh while Dawn's is around for not even 2 years and has evolved, but I got over that. But why did it have to learn Eruption upon evolving? Of all the fire moves it could learn, why the exact same move Ash's learned upon evolving, stealing even more of it's thunder. The writers proved they could give a girl the same pokemon as Ash while giving it a diverse move set from Ash's with May's Bulbasaur and Squirtle so why couldn't they do it with Dawn's Quilava? Not a single move it knows Ash's Quilava doesn't.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn's Cynda never really had much of a distinct personality anyway. It was always a rehash of Ash's, the only difference is it had no trouble getting its flame lit.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Also why did she check its data on her Pokedex? It can't of been much more than a week since she saw Ash's Quilava. Sure Ash was the one looking at it's data in the Pokedex but what exactly is hers going to say that his didn't considering the only difference between the two is that hers in pink?