• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dawn's New Journey! (DPSP1)

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
This episode was very vanilla. I wish they'd of done something different/more original.

Quilava evolving from cyndaquil was the part of the episode that saved it for me.

I always enjoy seeing Dawn's Togekiss, that was a good addition to her team.

I hope her team changes next time we see her, cut the fat(figure of speech), *coughcough* Pachirisu.

Last edited:
I enjoyed seeing all of her Poke's again! Cyndaquil evolving and the shiny Ariados made the episode for me!!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Why are people making a huge deal about this particular special episode? We've seen specials before and we've seen Brock and his unrealiable family mess up before. Why such the big deal?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I just watched this and Brock's special today and I liked them both, but it makes me miss Dawn and Brock. And seriously when is the dub gonna air? It's been over a year since the original episodes aired.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Dawn's special was nice. It would have been cool if Dawn started her journey with Cinco and Barry to give her her own group since she had the Pokemon and the experience now but I guess the writers won't do anything that great.:(

All in all it was a very interesting episode.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
I just watched this and Brock's special today and I liked them both, but it makes me miss Dawn and Brock. And seriously when is the dub gonna air? It's been over a year since the original episodes aired.

I doubt they ever be dubbed.

Anyway, Nice episode... Prefered it to the Brock Side-episode.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer

oh it will air in US .. but not soon since dawn will be returning in best wishes season 2 .. joining ash iris and cilan.. its gonna be awesome!

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Felt really good to see "new" episodes on Hikari and Takeshi two years after their departures. I finally got to see them after so long, I think that's what really made them more enjoyable for me. Seeing them after a 100 episodes of BW has more of an impact than seeing them after 25 episodes of BW.

Hikari - Setting off on a New Journey!

• Hinoarashi's evolution scene, it looked pretty nice. Not to mention the Pokemon itself is pretty cute and seeing it evolve into a Magmarashi and wield that badass new Eruption was golden and made me smile.
  • Gotta love that music, remixed in fact. Really liked hearing Saikyou Everyday, By Your Side~Hikari's Theme, and Kimi Mune Lalala. Hikari's Theme playing during Hinoarashi's evolution was icing.
  • The Contest Battle at the beginning was pretty okay, I loved the reference to the Grand Festival with Ayako's Nyarumaa using Slap Hands to nullify Hydro Pump.

• That different-colored Ariados was actually a bit of a highlight, being able to use a dynamic move like Psychic too. I agree with Iteru though it would have been a bit more realistic for Magmarashi to counter it with Extrasensory than just having the sheer strength to fend it off. I'm suppose to believe Mammoo can't break free of that move but Magmarashi can?

Bad Points:
  • They kinda overdid it with the episode rehashes, while I was okay with the Slap Hands scene the Ariados encounter and Pokemon escaping from the lab scenes seemed kinda overdone.
  • The constant Pochama and Hinoarashi scraps got tedious and I'm glad Magmarashi matured upon evolving and stopped that.

• I realize they just appeared to appear, but I didn't care about the rest of Hikari's team. It reminded me how stagnating Mimirol, Pachirisu, and Pochama were.(At least in terms of maturity, Pochama has been the same since day one) Togekiss was just kinda...there, shame since the Pokemon itself is cool.

• Shinko was bland, her catchphrase and quirk with the notepad got annoying.

• I'm so tired of Speed Star, Bubblebeam, and Shadow Ball.

*Overall, I think to really appreciate this episode, like someone else said you really have to be a big fan of Hikari.

zhixun

This episode is similar to how Hikari started the journey but with a different trainer. Both Hikozaru and Pochama left out of the forest and then caught by an Ariados. But this time Hikozaru got stuck into the web as well. Luckily the new trainer did not choose the Pokémon at the time or otherwise it would just be a copy of Hikari. Hope to see more development of Hikari in the future contest.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I just re-watched this episode after about 2 years or so, it really is a great episode. The bgm in this were amazing especially the variations of Dawn's theme By Your Side and the symphonic medley version of the Greatest Everyday opening at the end. The battles were well done too. The part where Cyndaquil evolves until Quilava and uses Eruption on the Ariados was probably my favorite part of the episode. It's good to know that Dawn decided to go to Hoenn with all of her Pokemon, though I wish they would have covered how she was doing in Hoenn when she returned in BW, maybe something about that might happen for ORAS promotion in XY? I also still hope that they dub this episode. I rate it 10/10

jskylinegtr

Sabine Cerrado and Angela Ken Rojas fan.
Predicting it: Emily Jenness aka Emily Bauer would be at the PKMN dubbing studio after the XY, her first role since the end of BW is said to be ready for this, Then, Tom Wayland would say Go! and dubs after the script translator, would be aired in between the Gen VII series and XY finale.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow more evil Ariados attacked Dawn here, tho at least we saw a shiny one this time and her Cyndaquil evolved due to the encounter. Piplup and Cyndaquil still not getting along was kind of funny at least. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was fun watching Hikari battle Ayako, although irritating to watch Pochama and Hinoarashi still fighting each other. Hikari's dilemma about which Pokemon to take to Houen seemed silly since the solution was obvious, but I liked seeing Nanakamado-hakase again, and Shinko was decent. Hinoarashi finally evolving was a relief, too.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Since Dawn's Cyndaquil evolved here, I wish it had evolved twice since Typhlosion seems so cool and Dawn needed a powerhouse.