• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Day Three Blockbusters! (843)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Serena VS Shauna! PokéVision Showdown!!

It's the third day in the Pokémon Summer Camp and the task put forth is the PokéVision Production. Serena, a big fan of PokéVision, is eager to get started and show off her Pokémon, so starts grooming and cooking PokéPuffs. However, when they go out to find a spot to film, Serena doesn't notice a cliff-face and slides down. Ash tries to grab her but falls down as well. Will the pair be alright and will Serena find a place to film her PokéVision video?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts off with a recap of the last episode.

Then the opening starts.

The group of Ash, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie and some of their Pokemon are running along a beach for training.

In some building, Professor Sycamore is talking with Nurse Joy.

Sycamore tells her what has happened at the camp.

Ash and co. are now sitting down for a meal.

Team Rocket are in disguise as cooks in the kitchen.

Professor Sycamore is now showing the people at the camp a video.

He first shows off the Kalos Starter Pokemon and then a scene with his Garchomp.

Some woman also starts talking and I think she announces that the next challenge is a PokeVision challenge.

Ash and co. then decide to run off and get ready for the challenge.

Serena shows Ash, Clemont and Bonnie a sketch of her idea.

The sketch shows Pikachu, Froakie, Chespin and her Fennekin.

Clemont then shows the others a new invention of his, a video recording robot.

Serena is wearing a cooking apron and Bonnie is wearing a Snubbull outfit.

Shauna comes up to Serena and she is also wearing a cooking apron.

Ash and Clemont then show up with Clemont's robot.

Dare Da? Bulbasaur.

Serena and co. go off in search for Serena to find the perfect place for her to film her PokeVision video.

Serena ends up accidentally falling off a cliff, but Ash grabs her with one or both of his hands to rescue her.

They both end up going over the edge, but they are safe when they reach the bottom.

Serena then brings out her Fennekin.

Clemont and Bonnie go and tell Sycamore about what has happened.

Serena soaks a cloth in the river and then uses it to heal the bruise on one of Ash's feet.

Professor Sycamore, Bonnie and Clemont show up to help Ash.

Team Rocket are there as well in disguise as rescuers and they abseil down the cliff to rescue Ash and Serena.

Ash and Serena are then rescued and soon after, Ash and co. find the perfect place for Serena to film her PokeVision video.

Back at camp, everybody watches Shauna, Trevor and Tierno's PokeVision video.

Their Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle are in it as well.

Then everybody in the cabin watches Ash and co.'s PokeVision video.

There video has the Pokemon from Serena's sketch, Pikachu, Froakie, Chespin, Fennekin and Dedenne.

Serena and Shauna then go to the beach at night and have a chat.

They then come back in as the announcements for the winner are about to be announced.

The winner is Ash and co. PokeVision video, which Serena was the leader of.

Ash and co. are happy.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I will suggest a translation in the next 48 hours about the dialogue that happens between Shauna and Serena about Elle.

One thing that I'm sure is that Elle¡'s Fokko0 evolved into a Teerunaa/Braixen.

Edit later on the episode, Serena and Satoshi fall out. Serena was relatively well but Ash was hurt.

I also suggest a translation of the scene of Serena and Shauna talking at the beach at the end of the episode.

Last edited:

X Drake

I Am Groot
I will suggest a translation in the next 48 hours about the dialogue that happens between Shauna and Serena about Elle.

One thing that I'm sure is that Elle¡'s Fokko0 evolved into a Teerunaa/Braixen.

Edit later on the episode, Serena and Satoshi fall out. Serena was relatively well but Ash was hurt.

Fall out as in they have an arguement?

Janovy

Banned
It seems like Serena decided to become a Pokemon Performer.

Also, more details were given about being a Pokemon Idol, something about Kalos Queen, etc.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
somehow serena said that her goal is she wants to try to be a pokemon performer, this is what i heard from the aired episode

It seems like Serena decided to become a Pokemon Performer.

she said she wants to try but not sure if she said that she has officially decided

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Dialogue heavy episode, gonna need some subs for this.

Despite the title of the episode there wasn't much Shauna in this one, and it is centrally focused on Serena. Shauna gives a long and detailed explanation to Serena and Bonnie about Pokemon Performer, which apparently includes making PokePuffs and styling Furfrous. I'm pretty sure this is a set-up for Serena becoming one.

Okay, so Team Froakie is seemingly either in 4th and 3rd place and the next event is a Pokevision making which each team making their own. Sycamore shows his own Pokevision as an example and has them go record. Serena is determined, as shown in the beginning of the episode as she leads Team Froakie on a jog, but she is so excited for a spot to film that falls into crevasse. Ash grabs her hand but falls as well, though it is enough to slow down their fall. They are both all right, apart from Ash who hurt his ankle.

From that point on (Pikachu also arrives), Ash and Serena talk about dreams and their Pokemon partners while Serena tends to Ash's foot as they wait for rescue. He is very good-spirited with this. They are later rescued by Team Rocket, and Serena continues to film while being aided by Clemont. In the evening the teams show their videos, ending with Team Froakie getting first place. Team Squirtle didn't even place, while the dark horse of these events, Team Chikorita, get second. Serena later talks to Shauna alone in the shore, where Serena references Ash. I don't know what they said.

In short, especially for Amourshippers out there: IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Didn't even get to watch most of the episode because muh connections but I did get to see the part where they fell down the cliff and the handkerchief made it's return

Just came here to say I called it \o/

Hopefully it was as good as I'm hoping it to be. I just think it's so sweet whenever Serena feeds Fennekin twigs ;_;

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
somehow serena said that her goal is she wants to try to be a pokemon performer, this is what i heard from the aired episode

she said she wants to try but not sure if she said that she has officially decided
Well, I guess this could mean that it'll give Serena the chance to change her mind in case the writers plan something else for her down the road such as a pokémon coordinator to promote Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, but based on how Shauna described a pokémon performer I really think this is what Serena is meant to be

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'll have to rewatch the episode, but I really doubt Serena is going to become a Pokemon Performer. What Sana said about it was basically a description of the video game Pokemon Contests (with the stuff from ORAS added in), where reaching Master Class involves winning each type of contest 3 times. And if there's 5 of them, like in the game... I kinda doubt they're going to give Serena a goal that involves winning 15 contests just to get to the final tournament. It seems more like something they just introduced here so they can bring it up later when it's time to promote ORAS properly.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'll have to rewatch the episode, but I really doubt Serena is going to become a Pokemon Performer. What Sana said about it was basically a description of the video game Pokemon Contests (with the stuff from ORAS added in), where reaching Master Class involves winning each type of contest 3 times. And if there's 5 of them, like in the game... I kinda doubt they're going to give Serena a goal that involves winning 15 contests just to get to the final tournament. It seems more like something they just introduced here so they can bring it up later when it's time to promote ORAS properly.

Can't they simplify it though? Seems odd to introduce this as a big thing if Serena is never going to do it. Especially showing that Idol Allie again and Shauna having interest in them.

LizardonX

Banned
Well I suppose the cliff scene was pretty shippy so it's decent.

The criminal lack of love rivalry is appalling though.

nuzamaki90

Okay I finally got to watch it and man is Sycamore so cool. That scene with him staring at the ocean and then his PR was just so awesome. This guy needs to appear more because there has yet to be a bad episode that has Sycamore involved. Team Rocket were also great here too, James going crazy when Trevor said he liked his cooking was funny.

Also Team Froakie needs to step up their game, being tied for third place is nothing to be proud of. I don't understand why Serena and the others were working out but maybe that's because I barely payed attention to that scene but it's always nice to see the gang not care whether or not Clemont dies from dehydration ^_^

Finally things get interesting with the PokeVision and Shauna's long monologue about Pokemon Performing and from what I could understand, she literally described Pokemon Contests. The scenes even showcased the trainers strutting their stuff with their Pokemon and Elle's Braixen doing an appeal. Also if my math isn't bad, you have to win 12 or 15 of these performances just to compete in the Grand Festival...I mean Master Group? My question is how long these things usually are because coming up with 15 different appeals seems very tiresome. I kinda wanted Serena to be a Coordinator but this Performing thing is cool too I guess? I don't think the writers would have Shauna give an in depth explanation for this thing and bring up Elle once again only to not have Serena get in on it. We'll see what happens though

All I can say about the cliff scene is that Tomioka really knows how to bring out a man's feels

Honestly my only gripe with this entire episode is that I think Team Squirtle got cheated out of at least Third Place. That PokeVision with the birds flying around was terribad. Trevor also has superpowers because someone of his stature shouldn't be able to reel in a 398kg whale under normal circumstances.

9/10 episode for me, it was really good and I can't wait to learn more about this PokePerforming business

diakyu

I love Trevor's Charmander, one smug son of a gun. Also, they're making it pretty obvious the group will meet Aria eventually.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Trevor's Charmander is the love child of Charla and Ash's Charizard. The smug little git is like a less powerful, less cocky Charizard

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Holy crap!! I can't believe Trevor caught a Wailord during that fishing thing! Anyway, I know that a pokémon performer seems like a rip off of a coordinator, but I feel that they're finally introducing something that Serena could do for her goal. I know this will more than likely be dropped, but I'm really hoping they'll continue on with this.

Also, I kind of wish I knew what Ash and Serena were talking about when they were sitting by the river waiting to be rescued

Last edited:

X Drake

I Am Groot
Here I thought Serena was a fishing master and suddenly here comes Trever with his Captain America strength catching Wailords,what's next Kyogre?

Squirtle_007

Can't they simplify it though? Seems odd to introduce this as a big thing if Serena is never going to do it. Especially showing that Idol Allie again and Shauna having interest in them.

They did the same with Battle Chateau and it hasn't mentioned again since Grant's Gym Battle

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well... I don't know what to think of this episode

Here I thought Serena was a fishing master and suddenly here comes Trever with his Captain America strength catching Wailords,what's next Kyogre?
Me being the Comic Book geek here... but Cap is only Peak Human (at best lifting 1 ton). But don't let that ruin the joke : )