• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Day Three Blockbusters! (843)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
can someone please explain to me, what is this pokemon performer thing about?

From what I've read it seems similar to the games version of contests.

Anyways this episode doesn't sound as bad as I thought it was going to be, I'm looking forward to watching it actually. Serena still seems to be getting some much needed development and it seems like she's almost decided on what her goal will be.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Guys, just to be clear, Shauna says there's no battling involved - or at least, that's my understanding.

Yes, it's a Contest, but it's more focused on being a model than in winning.

[I'll gladly admit to being wrong if I am, however, but if it were about battling, don't you think we would've seen Bigfox battle someone instead of just being artistic?]

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Aside from Ash and Serena interacting quite a bit and Serena apparently deciding on what goal she'll pursue, the whole episode felt lackluster and uninspired in my opinion. I kinda liked the PokeVision vids however, even though they were spoiled in previews beforehand.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You know, the one thing that surprised me about this episode is that Serena & Bonnie didn't so much as flinch or grunt at the sight of seeing Clemont's Pokéstar Shooter again. You'd think after terrorized Serena and Fennekin the last time, they'd at least be cautious about it or something

Last edited:

MrAllSunday

Wayer Type King
From what I understood it's like the Hearthome Coolection in the of which Dawn and Ash competed in, but with extra rounds?

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
So...I got a chance to watch the episode today, and I was pretty impressed. The PokeVision competition for that day brought some interesting things to the table for today's episode. The early day jogging and fishing was nice to see, although Clemont again fails at running. Trevor was kind of ridiculous in that fishing scene, he fished a Wailord of all things. I found that pretty funny, one manages to fish a whale that is extremely heavy (877 lbs). Regardless, Shauna seems really talkative, last episode she was nuts over Serena's PokeVision video from episode 21, and this episode she was rambling about Aria and her Braixen and Pokemon performers in general. Shauna really does have that kind of active personality she has in the games lol. Tierno and Trevor were kind of irrelevant but meh lol. That cliff scene was something I liked, I loved the lone time between Ash and Serena, though I would love to know what they were saying. Regardless, Team Squirtle's PokeVision video was okay, Team Froakie's PokeVision was kind of funny thanks to good old Chespin. The others I didn't really care about. The chat between Shauna and Serena at night...I knew it would have to do something with goals, though as far as I know I only believe that Serena's only narrowing down her choices on what she would like to do...so yeah. Still, the way Serena is being treated is going all well so far, they are taking a unique approach it seems. My only qualm with this episode is that Gothorita and Gothita were in it...since I hate the Gothitelle evolutionary line, but whatever lol.

Anyways, this was a very good episode and I loved the interactions between the characters. Now to look forward to some PokeEnteering (and Xerneas), and the tag battle for the Hall of Fame (go Team Froakie!!!).

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So yeah Serena is really becoming an idol(or pokemon performer wtv they call it), guess they also do some cute contests like appeals but probably just based on cutness nothing else.

Episode was decent like I said I'm noit excited about the whole idol thing because I dont like idiols I find it a pretty futile part of the japanese culture but it was a good episode for Serena and its good they will do something with her, I guess Pancham will get to do something since they have appeals.

Guys, just to be clear, Shauna says there's no battling involved - or at least, that's my understanding.

Yes, it's a Contest, but it's more focused on being a model than in winning.

[I'll gladly admit to being wrong if I am, however, but if it were about battling, don't you think we would've seen Bigfox battle someone instead of just being artistic?]

Basicly focuses on cuteness, while contests focused on various aspects, cool, cute, etc, its about looking cute and people fawning/admiring how cute you are, by the end of the region Serena will have a legion of Koheis after her being creepy.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
There was a lot of dialogue in this episode, such that it probably requires a rewatching to fully understand what was being said. Still, from what I could make of it -

Pros:
* Serena: This episode was definitely due. It seems she finally got a goal as a Pokemon Performer. As long as she's not Martha Stewart on stage, it seems her and Fennekin can put on quite a show. There's definitely potential in this goal to be fun to watch.
* Ash/Serena scene: I know Amourshippers must have loved this scene, but I did as well. This was awfully cute, and an Ash/Serena bonding/friendship scene was also long overdue, even if they were just talking about goals. This was honestly the highlight of the episode.
* Serena taking charge in creating the Pokevision video.
* Bonnie's Grumbull costume was cute.
* That Sycamore bad*** shot looking into the sea; no wonder Alain wanted him as his PI.
* The background OST, especially during the cliff/river scene, was solid.
* TR not interrupting anywhere but going on cooking and rescue duty was a nice integration.

Neutral:
* The groups' Pokevision videos: Well, Trevor/Tierno/Shauna's video wasn't anything special. The main group's video was better because of Chespin, but I wish it was longer.

Cons:
* Pokemon Performer/Idol: Yes, this is also a con. I guess it fits with Serena considering she is a bit vain and believes that all girls should makes themselves appear cute, but I am unsure how this goal is going to turn out, compared to Contests. I hope it's not simply going to be Serena just being fanservice on the stage, while her Pokemon don't do anything unique.

Overall, right now, I'm giving it a 8/10.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
A goal is a goal I guess... not sure how it's gonna help Ash or how he in turn can help himself (I hardly call lending a Pokemon or his own services helpful towards his goal). At least with contests he helped with the battling and appeal practice which in turn helped in his own battles.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I enjoyed this episode quite a lot. Any Serena-focused episodes are a HUGE plus in my book.

- What is the point of the running part in the beginning? Although I enjoyed it nevertheless (Serena's clothes and hair were cute, and Clemont falling was clásico)
- Wailord?? Via fishing?! What is this strength that Trevor possesses that we know not of?
- Sycamore, how I love your cameos! <3
- I like the animation when Shauna describes what a Pokemon Performer is
- Braixen looks fierce *snaps fingers*
- I love the interactions between Serena and Ash in this episode. And how she nurses his foot and then they discuss goals and dreams... awww
- What is TR doing helping them out? lmao
- I think Team Squirtle had a better PokeVision video. Ah well.
- So I guess Serena will be "trying out" being a Pokemon Performer like Shauna. Interesting...

Since this episode is so dialogue heavy, it is difficult to for me to rate it. However Sycamore's appearance automatically makes this at least an eight.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A goal is a goal I guess... not sure how it's gonna help Ash or how he in turn can help himself (I hardly call lending a Pokemon or his own services helpful towards his goal). At least with contests he helped with the battling and appeal practice which in turn helped in his own battles.

Serena still lacks a goal though; apparently she only expressed interest in trying or watching the Pokemon Performing activity, but that's it. I don't see why Serena's hobby needs to benefit Ash though; God forbid should she actually have a hobby of her own that doesn't get usurped by Ash.

Last edited:

zhixun

Being a performer is a great goal for Serena in my opinion. It suits her since no battling involved and I like Serena not battling when doing Pokémon activities.

Articfreezer

Clueless Kid
If Serena does go for the Pokemon performer, she'll have two immediate rival possibilities. Shauna, I think is going into it and Elle, her Fennekin evolving tells me she's going to keep appearing in the show. The other possible roles like rhyhorn racing, grooming, and coordinating don't really have someone she can compete with introduced yet. Baking seemed like it was a possibility but with Miette's voice actor retiring there's no one else to be a rival for that either. So performing does seem to be the most likely choice, at least in my opinion.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I have gotten the text that Sana said about what is a pokemon performers and the TriPokalon tournaments.

Sana said:
Even now that she’s a Pokemon performer and has quickly become a major player here, she still regularly uploads PokeVision for us, saying it’s what she started off with.
(…)
Then how about Tripokalons, the super cute and reamy-girls-only festivals where Pokemon Performers gather together?
(…)
Tripokalons are performance tournaments that take place in various places.
And the Trainers participating in them are called Pokemon performers.
Tripokalon have two sections:
The first one is a theme performance. It’s a fasciness contest where you do things like Poffles, groom or use small articles. There are many other themes as well, it all dpeneds of the tournament.
The second one is the free performance, which is common to all turnaments. Making use of their Pokemon’s capabilities, the Trainers perform together with them oin stage.

Finally, if you win each tournament three or more times, you can enter Master Class! The Pokemon and Trainer who wins the Championship there can earn the title of “Kalos Queen”.
And Elle is the current Kalos Queen!

DoctorDark

Honestly its a solid episode. From the looks of it Serena herself isn't convinced about being a Pokemon performer but the anime is heavily foreshadowing it. I feel any indecisiveness is mostly there for character development. She seems to be somewhat envious of Ash's focus on pursuing a dream and wishes that she has one herself. She even goes ahead and proposes to go see a performance competition to Shauna. I feel in the future she is going to see a competition and be inspired to perform herself (it is right up her style considering there is no battling and its mostly about performance and outside skills like cooking/baking)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just started watching the sub version of this episode &, while I still like it, everything about pokémon performers is just screaming negative sexism for girls. Granted, I'm acting a little biased since I still want this to be Serena's goal, but still . . .

Last edited:

TimerRabbit

Espurr Trainer!
Waited for the subs and a good timing too. (And funny that when I watch PreCure, both of them I see are up to the 40th episode, not counting overall past seasons. Just the current/on-air ones.) I have a huge feeling that a similar "girl dream" such as "Pokemon Performing" brings me back those memories of these Pokemon Contests. But I'm not complaining for young idols in cute dresses and cute Pokemon. *Cough*

But wow. I hope I am not loosing it that this episode fuels the "ship" even more, even though I know it can be unintentional. *Cough*

The PV for Team Froakie/Keromatsu was cute though!

Though it's entirely a so-so episode.

But.. I am looking forward for the next episode... Xerenas? I thought you are going to appear at the movie only.. But I can not lie since I remember seeing the Johto legends back when I was young. Bonnie you somehow lure the kind of stuff I am looking forward, huh.

Supersonicbro

So i am watching this episode next with the subs and at first I thought that the Tripokalon was just another form of contest, but the one line where shauna says that there is no battling makes this seem a lot different than contests.

She says that there are no battles because the point of Tripokalon is to showcase your relationship and bond between trainer and pokemon. So even though this is a girls only thing, this seems a lot less like a fashion show. Because she said that the "theme" portion is whatever the person performing decides to do, and then the other parts showcase what make the pokemon special and how the trainer works along with it, so this truthfully doesn't seem girly or sexist, I do wonder why only girls can do it since there's nothing really special only for girls, but it is nice to have something only for females to do to show some variety in the pokemon world. But as i was saying, since the theme and pokemon showcase is up to the trainer, i hope to see lots of creative shows since we are gonna see Serena do Tripokalon contests in the future.

EDIT

Also I love how ash mentioned how he thinks that everything on his journey has a reason and isn't pointless, kinda makes you think about the episodes that people scream "Filler!" and "unnecessary" right?

Last edited: