• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Day Three Blockbusters! (843)

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
They are shipping Ash and Serena soooooo much!...... I love it!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Yeah it's offical, that Shuana voice still sucks!
Everything else is fine for what it is, not a fan of the arc though.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Finally, Serena and Ash get some alone time.

I was amazed that Team rocket did not blow their cover for once and equally surprised that no one recognized them.

Vernikova

Champion
Cute episode. If Ash says that Serena has plenty of time to find a goal so I don't know why people kept worrying about this when it aired a few months back. The Pokemon Performer stuff didn't sound too interesting, but I'm sure it'll look better than it sounded. Maybe.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yet another reason for me to hate the dub, since they rearranged the opening, the beginning segment of the episode, and the title scene for no apparent reason.

Aside from that, this was an ok episode. At least the explanation of the Tripokalons Pokémon Showcases work sounds more doable in the dub than they did in the raw version

This episode was ok. It really wasn't anything too exciting other than more development between Ash and Serena as well as the rarity of TR being nice to Ash.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I still can't get used to Shauna's VA. In the parts where she should've sounded more excited, she just sounded like she didn't care. And Tierno's voice... It somehow could've sounded better on his Squirtle.

Oh, finally, some development for Serena, and then with Ash. Though we already know what goal she'll be taking anyway.

How did Trevor fish a freaking Wailord?

I was amazed that Team rocket did not blow their cover for once and equally surprised that no one recognized them.

You're seriously asking this now.

thetamale

I'm bored of Serena, her whole finding a dream thing and her fancying Ash have become tedious and repetitive, and I'm not sure how much they can do with these showcases (which only women are allowed to enter?) they came across as second rate contests.

On the plus side I like Tierno and finally the answer to how to pronounce Braixen.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode, but I did love the development and bonding between Ash and Serena (and maybe Pikachu and Fennekin?). Other parts were okay, just that the details were there. Team Rocket being nice and all is a good change that happens in like a blue moon.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A bittersweet moment at the beginning for me as I would have liked to see the fishing contest (but I may be in a minority of one there).

The episode itself was fine. It was nice to see Ash and Serena interact on their own and once again it reinforces the fact that Serena really looks up to Ash as an idol almost. The Pokévision videos were good and I really enjoyed Team Froakie's as it showed Pokémon having fun! Also, how good was that Snubbul outfit that Bonnie was wearing while making Poképuffs.

Nice episode, onto the next one!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I like how Serena learns about Poke Showcases. It may seem like a smaller scale version of Pokemon Contests, but I could probably find myself watching them. Serena aiming to become Kalos Queen sounds like its worth a shot at trying. It reminds me of beauty pagents and becoming Miss America. :p

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I like how Serena learns about Poke Showcases. It may seem like a smaller scale version of Pokemon Contests, but I could probably find myself watching them. Serena aiming to become Kalos Queen sounds like its worth a shot at trying. It reminds me of beauty pagents and becoming Miss America. :p

We all know she will end up becoming the Kalos Princess instead of the Kalos Queen.

We all know how you're most likely to succeed in your dreams once you ditch Ash...

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm bored of Serena, her whole finding a dream thing and her fancying Ash have become tedious and repetitive, and I'm not sure how much they can do with these showcases (which only women are allowed to enter?) they came across as second rate contests.

i'm right with you. so far she's one of the most boring female characters that has ever been part of Ash's group. Even Dawn had a lil bit more oomph! And as far as the pokemon showcases, i'm gonna hold off on judging how it would be. but i'm betting its gonna be less than entertaining

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Yet another reason for me to hate the dub, since they rearranged the opening, the beginning segment of the episode, and the title scene for no apparent reason.

Aside from that, this was an ok episode. At least the explanation of the Tripokalons Pokémon Showcases work sounds more doable in the dub than they did in the raw version

So why do you watch it then...?

Anyway congrats to Serena for finally thinking about her goal.It only took about 40 episodes... Also I'm not too sure how I feel about the Pokemon Showcases. Seems like dumbed down version of Pokemon contests. And like someone said earlier, I can't see how this can help Ash.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It was great for Serena to get a goal in this. I loved the video she made for the contest too.

So I guess Shaunas eyes can only be in one of two positions at any one time.
- all the way closed
- all the way open (which is most of the time)

JudySpell

Banned
This was a good episode for Serena since it helped her plan her new goal and the video making process itself was good. 8/10

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Sheesh, that Shauna sure is spunky!

Day Three Blockbusters is the second installment of the Pokemon Summer Camp arc, marking the start of the scorekeeping as each team views for a chance at the Summer Camp Hall of Fame. Given the task of making a PokeVision video, Serena aims for the top but gets a bit too excited in her location scouting, leading to her falling over a ridge along with Ash, who had come to save the day. Clement and Bonnie go for help, leaving Ash, Serena, Pikachu, and Fennekin to have some time to talk. Serena produces perhaps the most character development-driven line ever annunciated in the Pokemon anime series, "Sometimes I wonder, what is my dream, Ash? What is it that I want?" WOW. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT ALERT. I REPEAT, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT ALERT IN THE POKEMON ANIME. Yeah, it's really happening! Ash then gives her some sage advice, and along with Shauna's eyes-wide-open lecture on Pokemon Showcases, it seems Serena's finally found something to strive for. I mean, these Pokemon Showcases just sound like more boring versions of Pokemon Contests but hey, it's something. Progress, people, PROGRESS.

Oh yeah, and lot's of AmourShippy stuff. Serena clearly admires Ash (he's quite the looker, ain't he, ladies?) and really takes what he says to heart. Ash also shows some signs of romantic interest, with a slew of face touches (that's his tell--he'd be a bad poker player) and some longing stares. I'm a 21-year-old man and I find it all quite adorable.

So yeah, good stuff! Serena and Ash had a truly meaningful conversation, which led to character development and shipping stuff. Can't ask for much more than that. Voice-acting was solid, too! Only complaint: Ash & Co.'s PokeVision video shouldn't have won. Yeah, I said it.

Grade: A-

Side Note: Here's a gem:

Shauna: That Ash is a pretty smart guy.

Haha yeahhh, just wait 'til you get to know him a little better, sweetie. And, my gosh, blink your eyes!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Too bad we only got the highlight reel of the fishing competition, seeing Trevor reel in that gigantic wailord was pretty funny. I'm sure if Cilan had still been around they could have made a good episode of it. :)

I really liked the scene between Serena and Ash the best, it was nice and sweet. I'm surprised that the twerps won the Pokevision competition, the video was funny but a bit underwhelming. Good episode, though.

7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked that Serena and Fennekin baked here, as well as how Shauna told Serena about showcases too. Ash and Serena falling off the cliff allowed them to bond, tho it seemed ironic how Team Rocket helped them.