• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Day Three Blockbusters! (843)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The early day jogging and fishing was nice to see, although Clemont again fails at running. Trevor was kind of ridiculous in that fishing scene: he fished a Wailord of all things. I found that pretty funny. :p

Alloutℯ

Banned
I really liked the AmourShipping moment that we got here. It really didn't feel forced to me. It was nice to see a reference to Ash and Serena's first meeting with the roles reversed and Serena now helping Ash with his injury.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I really liked the AmourShipping moment that we got here. It really didn't feel forced to me. It was nice to see a reference to Ash and Serena's first meeting with the roles reversed and Serena now helping Ash with his injury.

I didn't love those scenes because they seemed wasted. I mean, did we really need to see Ash and Serena babbling with each other? I wanted to see more PokeVision stuff.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wasn't a fan of PokeVision, so I didn't quite enjoy that segment of the episode. Seeing Satoshi and Serena converse alone was intriguing however, and I was glad that Serena was now more motivated to compete in TryPokarons.

This was another good episode. The fun continues at Professor Sycamore’s summer camp. On the third day, each team of campers will make a Pokévision video. The whole conversation between Ash and Serena still rubs me the wrong way though, believing it's nothing but the writers forcing Amourshipping down on everyone's throats, contradicting their statement of romance being too distracting in the anime.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The whole conversation between Ash and Serena still rubs me the wrong way though, believing it's nothing but the writers forcing Amourshipping down on everyone's throats, contradicting their statement of romance being too distracting in the anime.

They merely spoke with each other, which wasn't very personal. It helped to develop their friendship. That whole scene was like a mirror image of their very first encounter, which I appreciated.

Easily one of the best episodes in XY/XYZ. Great Serena characterization and development along with a fantastic encapsulation of why I feel the relationship between Ash and Serena really clicked.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Probably the best episode of the Summer Camp arc"

Episode: 8/10

Easily one of the best episodes in XY/XYZ. Great Serena characterization and development along with a fantastic encapsulation of why I feel the relationship between Ash and Serena really clicked.
You lost me with the last part. Also surprised that this had so few discussion considering Serena's popularity and that this was an important episode for her.

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Probably the best episode of the Summer Camp arc"

Episode: 8/10

You lost me with the last part. Also surprised that this had so few discussion considering Serena's popularity and that this was an important episode for her.
Do you really think I care that " I lost you? "

I never said you cared about it so...
I really don't appreciate being quoted to say inane comments that literally just amount to " I disagree. " If don't have anything really significant to say, it would be nice if you refrained from quoting so many of my posts. Really just comes across as annoying for an original post that seems incredibly inconsequential(but I guess even simple statements of praise for the relationship between Serena and Ash necessitate replies for some reason).

Bit meta, but seriously, the fact that I've been here five years now yet other users have somehow been able to more or less match my post count or in some cases even surpass it despite being here for like one or two years is just kind of crazy to me, but it makes sense when looking at these types of replies.

RafaSceptile

I really don't appreciate being quoted to say inane comments that literally just amount to " I disagree. " If don't have anything really significant to say, it would be nice if you refrained from quoting so many of my posts. Really just comes across as annoying for a post that seems incredibly inconsequential(but I guess even simple statements of praise for Serena necessitate replies for some reason).

Bit meta, but seriously, the fact that I've been here five years now yet other users have somehow been able to more or less match my post count or in some cases even surpass it despite being here for like one or two years is just kind of crazy to me, but it makes sense when looking at these types of replies.
You can always ignore users if you think it annoys you, but I particulary don't see the problem with it.

You can always ignore users if you think it annoys you, but I particulary don't see the problem with it.
You were literally talking about you you didn't want to discuss with me during the whole Iris debacle because my " negativity was too strong " which was a much more substantial discussion, yet you found it necessary to respond to me to state something wholly unnecessary to what should presumably be just an inoffensive post.

I don't block people since I'd think things like general formal etiquette like just letting post be especially when they really aren't saying something that would require a response would just be normal for people.

Imagine if I genuinely responded to every plain old, one sentence opinion shitting on XY/XYZ, Serena, etc lmao. Might be able to rack up that post count then for sure, hit the leaderboards maybe.

RafaSceptile

You were literally talking about you you didn't want to discuss with me during the whole Iris debacle because my " negativity was too strong " which was a much more substantial discussion, yet you found it necessary to respond to me stating something incredibly vacuous to what should presumably be just inoffensive post.

I don't block people since I'd think things like general formal etiquette like just letting post be especially when they really aren't saying something that would require a response would just be normal for people.

Imagine if I genuinely responded to every plain old one sentence opinion shitting on XY/XYZ, Serena, etc lmao. Might be able to rack up that post count then for sure, hit the leaderboards maybe.
Most of your complains were already discussed by other people so it wasn't necessary

Most of your complains were already discussed by other people so it wasn't necessary
Good thing that isn't what you actually said but, please do follow your own advice here
I'm not discussing with you since no matter what I said, your negativity is so strong that you will ignore anything good that I would say, so, this is not an "argument", just a comment
and find it within yourself not to obsessively respond to every single one of my posts, please and thanks.

RafaSceptile

and find it within yourself not to obsessively respond to every single one of my posts, please and thanks.
I only responded to you to one or two between the last 14 episodes I commented in this subforum, so your definition of obsessively is very weird

I only responded to you to one or two between the last 14 episodes I commented in this subforum, so your definition of obsessively is very weird
Great, lower that even more and apply it generally to PAD thanks. Will be my last response to this set of replies that was really just a simple request.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
-Tierno’s voice makes perfect sense.

-Clemont being chased by that Corphish is the most relatable thing I’ve seen all week.

-TREVOR WAS MY ORIGINAL PRECIOUS HUSBANDO BEFORE ALLISTER

Even though I don’t have a crush on him anymore, you can’t tell me he isn’t adorable.

-Trevor sounds like Rukako!

-The cook who’s TR’s boss in this episode sounds, and sort of looks like, Sister Krone from The Promised Neverland…

-*Wobbuffet screaming into the void*

-The background music for Professor Sycamore’s PokéVision sounds like it belongs on either:

A. An elevator

B. A vaporwave track

-Science moment! In the middle of what’s effectively beauty pageant prep! This is why Clemont is second best boy.

-BONNIE IN A SNUBBULL ONESIE I’M GOING TO DIE OF DIABETES

WE MUST PROTECT THE CHILD

-Shauna in a baking uniform? *dies*

-Shauna is researching the cuteness of Pokémon.

Why didn’t we get this option in the games? I’d totally want to research that!

-Ash and Serena are alone in the gorge they fell into. Serena is probably panicking right now.

Rip.

-Serena, don’t blame yourself. You didn’t know the ground was unstable!

-FENNEKIN EATING A TWIG

please help me this episode is too adorable

-What is a Pokémon Master? This is the question we’ve been asking for twenty-something years.

-Serena tells Ash she thinks he’s amazing. Ash doesn’t understand.

Can this kid stop being dense for one second? Even if he just wants to be friends with Serena, is it that hard to say, “Thanks. I appreciate that”?

-Look at Serena being happy in the flowers! And Clemont and Ash having a bro moment! I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH

-Chespin stealing that cupcake. That’s relatable!

This show is my default pick-me-up whenever I’m having a bad day. It never fails to make me smile, despite Ash’s denseness. Truly a gem of children’s anime.