• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Daybreakers = Vampire redemption?

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
After seeing previews for this, its the first vampire movie I am actually excited to see. Basically, it your classic human race has messed up story. Humans being harvested for blood cause some where along the line they messed up. And from the looks of it, it seems to be an interesting story

With all the pre-teen wannabe vampires in Twilight and True Blood, is this finally the real vampire movies we have been wanting to see? Actual vampires and not wannabe emo ones?

I for one can't wait to see this. How bout you?

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Weren't the creatures in I Am Legend vampires, too?

But yes, I am interested in seeing it. It seems like a nice twist on the vampire genre.
Actual vampires and not wannabe emo ones?
Well, the only way to tell what vampires should truly be depicted as is to look at the vampires that exist in real life!

...crap.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
True Story. If this thing goes off without a hitch, we might see a resurgence of REAL Vampires in the world today. If I didn't have school, I would go see it. Unfortunately, I can't see any movie while in school.

muumajii23

Ya, I'm excited about it. A cool, sci-fi twist on a classic monster... Could be interesting. xD

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Weren't the creatures in I Am Legend vampires, too?

But yes, I am interested in seeing it. It seems like a nice twist on the vampire genre.

Well, the only way to tell what vampires should truly be depicted as is to look at the vampires that exist in real life!

...crap.

Well, I Am Legend was before Twilight. Don't really remeber too much of it, but they did have a monstorous look to them

Lol...I wonder what vampires would really look like (maybe Nosfaratu?)

But I am certain they wouldn't look like half starved emo kids who like they still belong in high school.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
They were more like zombies. Humans infected with a disease that turned them into more animal than man.

They were called vampires in the original novel, and the author went through great lengths to set up biological/anatomical reasons for typical vampire tropes (for example, lack of skin pigmentation causes intense pain under exposure to sunlight).

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
In the original novel, they still had some humanity left. They didn't act that much like zombies; they were just incredibly dumb and usually incoherent.

I remember the female vampires would take off their clothes to try and entice the sex-starved Neville.

Vampires got their "redemption" in 2008 with Let The Right One In. Anything else is just unnecessary.

Oddly, I still haven't seen this yet. However, I think it mostly slipped under the radar. I know I didn't know about it until some point last year...

(Let it also be noted that fangirls will probably largely ignore this, as they will Daybreakers, and proper vampires will remain festering under the piles of fail.)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I for one can't wait to see this. How bout you?

Not sure about "redemption" since I liked the Twilight movies, but I am excited about this one. It looks like it'll be a little more violent than Twilight that's for sure.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Oddly, I still haven't seen this yet. However, I think it mostly slipped under the radar. I know I didn't know about it until some point last year...

(Let it also be noted that fangirls will probably largely ignore this, as they will Daybreakers, and proper vampires will remain festering under the piles of fail.)
Well there is going to be a remake released in 2010... which is rather bizarre seeing as how it's not an old film and it has achieved huge critical acclaim, hardly seems necessary but I guess someone felt it needed a wider audience. The remake will have a different director (The bloke who did Cloverfield) and will be set in America rather than Sweden as far as I know. It could be good, it could be awful, but I doubt it will be better than the original so I suggest you check that one out first.

Profesco

gone gently
Mm. The movie looks interesting enough by the previews, assuming it won't all be gore, gore, and more gore - and considering the big focus on blood harvesting, they'll have ample opportunity to land that way. I enjoy scary flicks and thrillers, but slashers are kind of pointless bores, imo.

As for the vampires bit, I think we're just ready for anything to throw back a little of the Twilight brand of vampirism, really. Whether these are any more realistic or better vampires is beyond my caring.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
When I watched Let The Right One In, over half the audience left when they saw foreign letters in the opening credits, so maybe the remake is for those guys.

There are wide spread of vampire films so I don't think they need to be redeemed, but I personally don't like the look of Daybreakers. It just feels cheesy to me, and it probably needs more sparkles.