• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Daycare System

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
So I have been Hatching eggs for multiple reasons. HA, Shinnies, And just other fun stuff. But the biggest annoyance is having to run around outside and wait for the eggs to pop up. Then collect them. Deposit and then rinse and repeat. It get's very annoying and tedious -_- But the reason I say this is because I was thinking "Why haven't they implemented an egg deposit system of some sort?" It's simple enough I am sure. But imagine depositing your Pokemon then you get prompted with a question like "Would you like your eggs to be deposited or picked up?" This way you can hatch a batch while your extra eggs go straight into a designated box or 2 or 4. Then you just pull them out and hatch as you please while you don't wait for an hour for 60 eggs or so. IDK just something small that I am sure a lot of breeders and other people would love. Maybe you guys have thought of something similar? Share your thoughts or opinions. Maybe Gamefreak might be able to implement something like this in the next gen or something :)

Artnerd

Insane Artist
That would be too easy. Hatching eggs is a tedious process yes. But it can be very rewarding. It's supposed to require some effort. Also, what you suggested means someone could just stuff their Pokémon in the daycare and then go to the centre of Lumi, wedge the 3D pad and ride circles all night to wake up to boxes filled with eggs.

The couple who are running the daycare are just two Pokébreeders. They don't have anything fancy though they did manage to set up a PC in their house just for you. Imagine how much it would cost them to get a deposit system installed. They don't get paid enough for that. ;P

Last edited:

Zarthos

Breeding Fanatic
Idk... Most of my money goes to daycare....I think they're well off.

JoshuaMunoz

Blue Goo.
Im pretty sure i—as well as other breeders—already pay for over a billion pokedollars combined.

Ditto B1tch

I've already thought about a egg deposit system too. But, if this system existed, why would we still carry eggs? I think nobody would carry, unless the egg deposit store had a limited slots for eggs.

GF create the crappy mega-evolutions, but don't this so useful system.

Last edited:

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
That would be too easy. Hatching eggs is a tedious process yes. But it can be very rewarding. It's supposed to require some effort. Also, what you suggested means someone could just stuff their Pokémon in the daycare and then go to the centre of Lumi, wedge the 3D pad and ride circles all night to wake up to boxes filled with eggs.

The couple who are running the daycare are just two Pokébreeders. They don't have anything fancy though they did manage to set up a PC in their house just for you. Imagine how much it would cost them to get a deposit system installed. They don't get paid enough for that. ;P

Hmm I think 100 for a poke that doesn't grow a lvl is pretty high don't you?!!? Lol.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I don't see how his system makes things "too easy". You still have to put in the time and effort to actually hatch the eggs, he's just proposing cutting out the time it takes having to go back and talk to the Day Care Man just to get the egg.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I don't see how his system makes things "too easy". You still have to put in the time and effort to actually hatch the eggs, he's just proposing cutting out the time it takes having to go back and talk to the Day Care Man just to get the egg.

Or the fact that you HAVE to have space in your party to receive an egg.

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder
I think it would be helpful to have something where the eggs that if you're out hatching eggs and another egg appears, it's sent straight to the PC instead of having the Daycare Man hold it. It would also mean that if another egg would have been produced, that you would be able to receive multiple eggs instead of going back and getting just one egg.

miraiyouko

Eevee Trainer
Instead of a computer thing, why not just give us a new bag slot / separate bag for eggs? The TM Case, the Prop Box, etc. were added in different games, and it made it easier to hold more items. The Egg slot or Egg Bag would allow us to carry around eggs without needing Pokemon slots. An open slot could still be used when it's time to hatch an egg, of course. The Daycare Man could hold 6 eggs at a time, then we'd bike by and be given the eggs to place in the Egg slot / he'd give us the filled Egg Bag.

Just an idea I had while biking back and forth yesterday.

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
Instead of a computer thing, why not just give us a new bag slot / separate bag for eggs? The TM Case, the Prop Box, etc. were added in different games, and it made it easier to hold more items. The Egg slot or Egg Bag would allow us to carry around eggs without needing Pokemon slots. An open slot could still be used when it's time to hatch an egg, of course. The Daycare Man could hold 6 eggs at a time, then we'd bike by and be given the eggs to place in the Egg slot / he'd give us the filled Egg Bag.

Just an idea I had while biking back and forth yesterday.

That would be really helpful too. And when you hatch an egg it would be like catching a wild poke. It would just be deposited into your PC. Great idea man :)

ace-of-aces

Minecraft YouTuber
I also think it would be too easy. I am using the MM to get a shiny Beldum, and I am up to 100 eggs, but I am not complaining.

Taylor516

Love the idea of an egg pouch, I'm at over 4,000 eggs hatched in an MM hunt for a shiny Vulpix, and egg pouch that holds 6 at a time would save me so much time in my hunt. I hope this gets implemented eventually.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I think it would be helpful to have something where the eggs that if you're out hatching eggs and another egg appears, it's sent straight to the PC instead of having the Daycare Man hold it. It would also mean that if another egg would have been produced, that you would be able to receive multiple eggs instead of going back and getting just one egg.

i agree it is annoying having to talk to the daycare man to get the egg and then them woman to get the pokemon back. i also think that it takes a long time to hatch the eggs and i literally end up doing laps of the entire region to hatch eggs, i wish it could be accelerated. (more so than the o-power does)

bluueeyedrose

Trainer and Breeder
The egg pouch would be a huge help to breeders, and anyone period who may be hatching eggs of their own. However, I could still see them limiting the number of spaces obviously, but it would be a very neat implement into the game itself. :)

tekar hussy

BestSinceDayOne
the daycare system is ridiculous. My charizard stayed there and i got hundreds of eggs but none were shiny. I would rather train a pokemon by battling than to give it to the daycare

Blastonite

Dream Crusher
the daycare system is ridiculous. My charizard stayed there and i got hundreds of eggs but none were shiny. I would rather train a pokemon by battling than to give it to the daycare

Well the daycare is meant to breed and or raise your Pokemon. Next time raise it then breed it is my opinion on the matter. Or breed your Chari and train a better one IV wise and what not. :)

dragonboas

You would never really catch up on hatching unless you seperated the parents. Getting eggs is a lot faster than hatching them so they would overwhelm your boxes.