• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DBZ games thread

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
sorry for disrupting the convo, but if i were to get a new dbz game, would it be better to get burst limit or RB2? i have BT3, but i would really like a dbz game with a FULL STORY MODE. In my opinion, bt3 cut out a lot of fights that bt2 had.
I agree. BT2's story was great. Why did they have to pull a Z-battle gate again(no cutscenes but one and one fights)?

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I thought BT3 had ALL characters you could possibly come up with. Hell, even frickin' Arale is in the mix.

A new game could have all the characters BT3 had plus more like, Tarble(sp?) SS3 Vegeta and Broly. Some of the Red Ribbon guys. The rest of the shadow dragons and general Rildo(sp?). Movie exclusives and then some.

ssjtidus

I thought BT3 had ALL characters you could possibly come up with. Hell, even frickin' Arale is in the mix.
They could've added the farmer who shot at Raditz. I would've preferred him over the two generic Frieza soldiers.

And RB2 doesn't even have a story mode. It's just a board panel with random fights scattered across. On the other hand, Burst Limit only goes up to the Cell Saga.

Has anyone played Infinite World for the ps2?

Chris

Old Coot
sorry for disrupting the convo, but if i were to get a new dbz game, would it be better to get burst limit or RB2? i have BT3, but i would really like a dbz game with a FULL STORY MODE. In my opinion, bt3 cut out a lot of fights that bt2 had.
Burst Limit is fun but gets old real quickly as it only covers up to the Cell saga and Broli. On top of that, its other modes are ridiculous, including the amount of loading screens you have to go through for say, Survival Mode. If you also intend to play the online portion, don't bother. It's ridiculously dead. I'd suggest Raging Blast 2, instead.

I agree. BT2's story was great. Why did they have to pull a Z-battle gate again(no cutscenes but one and one fights)?
Because it was stupid as hell. For instance, the Bojack movie.

-Krillin vs Zangya: You have to defeat Zangya to win. Krillin still loses in the cutscene.
-Super Saiyan Trunks vs Bojack: You have to defeat Bojack to win. Trunks still loses in the cutscene.
-Yamcha and Tenshinhan vs Zangya: You have to defeat Zangya to win. They still lose in the cutscene.
-Piccolo and Gohan vs Zangya and Bojack: You have to defeat Zangya and Bojack to win. They still lose in the cutscene.
-Super Saiyan Trunks and Super Saiyan Vegeta vs Zangya and Transformed Bojack: You have to defeat Zangya and Bojack to win. They still lose in the cutscene.
-Gohan vs Zangya and Bojack: You have to defeat Zangya and Bojack to win. He finally beats them.

It got annoying as hell to be forced to win fights that were scripted in the series to have the characters lose. On top of that, they were fights you had to go into constantly after each mission was completed. Whereas BT3, it was all streamlined into ONE selected fight each and you weren't forced to win a fight someone wasn't meant to win in the series. That's why BT3 also had fights where you controlled the villain and had to beat the heroes, instead.

I did. The game was okay. But it was kinda "broken" for the new characters ultimate attacks to have no "Attack/Defense win" stuff.
Yeah, the whole lack of beam clashes was absurd as hell. It also felt somewhat off compared to Budokai 3, though very broken at the same time. Wasn't worth it.

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Last DBZ I've every played is Budokai 2 for the PS2. And that was before DBGT every reached American shores. Y'know, when DB was still really cool to get into. How much longer can they keep releasing DBZ games until ppl lose interest and sales plummet? And thats purely from a retail perspective. 1-2 in HD quality is understandable maybe. MAYBE.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Well after seeing all of UT. I have to question why there are imporant cutscenes and events missing. Where is Kid Trunks and Goten? Base Vegito and Gotenks? SS4 Goku and Vegeta? Trunks(w/o sword)...

Chris

Old Coot
Well after seeing all of UT. I have to question why there are imporant cutscenes and events missing. Where is Kid Trunks and Goten? Base Vegito and Gotenks? SS4 Goku and Vegeta? Trunks(w/o sword)...
To be fair, Vegetto immediately turns into a Super Saiyan right after the Fusion is a success in the manga. Vegetto fighting prior to turning Super Saiyan was filler.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
on the subject of gba games, does anyone else thinks it sucks how they had a good line of gba games (legacy of goku, legacy of goku 2, buus fury), and then they give us that sucky dragonball z gt for the gba?

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
Because it was stupid as hell. For instance, the Bojack movie.

-Krillin vs Zangya: You have to defeat Zangya to win. Krillin still loses in the cutscene.
-Super Saiyan Trunks vs Bojack: You have to defeat Bojack to win. Trunks still loses in the cutscene.
-Yamcha and Tenshinhan vs Zangya: You have to defeat Zangya to win. They still lose in the cutscene.
-Piccolo and Gohan vs Zangya and Bojack: You have to defeat Zangya and Bojack to win. They still lose in the cutscene.
-Super Saiyan Trunks and Super Saiyan Vegeta vs Zangya and Transformed Bojack: You have to defeat Zangya and Bojack to win. They still lose in the cutscene.
-Gohan vs Zangya and Bojack: You have to defeat Zangya and Bojack to win. He finally beats them.

It got annoying as hell to be forced to win fights that were scripted in the series to have the characters lose. On top of that, they were fights you had to go into constantly after each mission was completed. Whereas BT3, it was all streamlined into ONE selected fight each and you weren't forced to win a fight someone wasn't meant to win in the series. That's why BT3 also had fights where you controlled the villain and had to beat the heroes, instead.
Ah, I see. My opinon has officially been changed after reading that.

Yeah, the whole lack of beam clashes was absurd as hell. It also felt somewhat off compared to Budokai 3, though very broken at the same time. Wasn't worth it.
Agreed so much. I really loved the beam clashes! Was it really necessarily to remove them? It was really fun to roll the anlong sticks until the beam clashes to you or the opponent. I also miss the Dragon Rush too. It was a such creative concept.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
on the subject of gba games, does anyone else thinks it sucks how they had a good line of gba games (legacy of goku, legacy of goku 2, buus fury), and then they give us that sucky dragonball z gt for the gba?
But Legacy of Goku sucked. It was completely broken in the wrong ways. Legacy of Goku II and Buu's Fury were better games. If you want a game similar to those, look for "Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans" on the DS. It's not entirely the same, but it is a good RPG that covers the Saiyan Saga nicely.

Agreed so much. I really loved the beam clashes! Was it really necessarily to remove them? It was really fun to roll the anlong sticks until the beam clashes to you or the opponent. I also miss the Dragon Rush too. It was a such creative concept.
Not just that, but it helped with countering an enemy's beam attack. No beam clashes meant you had to hit them before they fired or get out of the way.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
But Legacy of Goku sucked. It was completely broken in the wrong ways. Legacy of Goku II and Buu's Fury were better games. If you want a game similar to those, look for "Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans" on the DS. It's not entirely the same, but it is a good RPG that covers the Saiyan Saga nicely.

Not just that, but it helped with countering an enemy's beam attack. No beam clashes meant you had to hit them before they fired or get out of the way.

lol You just reminded me of the broken system in DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 1.

It was great for its time but man rush attacks were nearly unstoppable because you could react fast enough to dragon rush and counter it or blast them down. Lets not even get into how overpowered Gogeta can be if you equip the proper Evolution Z items. Oh and the most annoying thing was not being able to transform into a higher form.

The fun thing about the Budokai Tenkaichi series is unlocking all the secret characters and the extra stories they put in the story mode. Not to mention making your favorite character overpowered with items.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
it looked awesome whatever it was. i loved budokai 3 sooo much...i actually think it was one of if not the best dbz game on ps2.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
i dont know if this will make a difference, but go on youtube and search budokai 3 all ultimates. the video is like 21 min but it made me realize just how awesome it was.

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
i dont know if this will make a difference, but go on youtube and search budokai 3 all ultimates. the video is like 21 min but it made me realize just how awesome it was.
My favorite out of the video was Cell's Spirit bomb.
"OK planet, give me that stupid energy!"
I couldn't stop laughing.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Been listening to UT's soundtrack. Easily became my favorite in the series after just listening to Goku's Theme, Edge of Spirit, and Dragons Gate. Rainbow in the Universe and Burning Soul are really good to, as is the instrumental to Dragon Soul. A lot of love was put into the soundtrack this time around.

Dragons Gate is right up there with Challengers as my favorite DBZ songs, anime or game, lol.

And these two songs just got blown clear out of the water by Adventurous Spirit. Best song in the history of forever.

Last edited: