• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DBZ Movie Crap ~ Dark Days Are Upon Us

latios reborn

I'm "iffy" about it but I would probably still see it.
and what's this about his hair?

Rave

Banned
It will only be a failure if they leave out >9000, hair might be a big upset though to the fanboys(you).

And the infamous missing monkey tail.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Wait, what?

Why do you people suddenly decide that, based on the brand-spakin' new appearence of one poster, the movie is suddenly going to be ten times worse? More to the point, how does the lack of ridiculous hair and variations in the story make it an awful movie? Even more to the point, why are you all taking Dragon Ball so seriously? Is there a nerd-rage epidemic spreading?

My childhood has officially ended up roadkill on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike.
My equally Dragon Ball filled childhood will prompt me to see this movie, enjoy it for what it is, and probably buy it on DVD.

Atari

Did it on 'em
I doubt that any retail video store in the United States would attempt to sell a live action movie complete with voice overs/sub titles in this day and time. I do have a feeling though that if this made profit in Japan, some random American director would remake everything in English to gear for Cartoon Network.

And yeah, the character alternates look absolutely nothing alike.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Frank Miller is the only one with the balls to do a Dragonball/Z movie the way it SHOULD be as in make him the writer.
Oh and make Tarantino the fight choreographer and director.
Then it would be like, sorry kiddies, Dragonball grew up....

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I personally think Eli Roth should of directed it. Who doesn't love a little excessive gore?

Rave

Banned
Maybe the Wachowski Brothers and their infamous work on making special effects left and right?

BCVM22

I doubt that any retail video store in the United States would attempt to sell a live action movie complete with voice overs/sub titles in this day and time. I do have a feeling though that if this made profit in Japan, some random American director would remake everything in English to gear for Cartoon Network.

Post of the year right here. You do realize this is a completely American production set for a 2009 American theatrical release, right? No, of course you don't.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Maybe the Wachowski Brothers and their infamous work on making special effects left and right?
]

After the acid trip they gave us as Speed Racer?
No!

Chris

Old Coot
The complainers are being too melodramatic. DBZ will never be confused with being a literary masterpiece.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. Shocking, I know.

Wait, what?

Why do you people suddenly decide that, based on the brand-spakin' new appearence of one poster, the movie is suddenly going to be ten times worse? More to the point, how does the lack of ridiculous hair and variations in the story make it an awful movie? Even more to the point, why are you all taking Dragon Ball so seriously? Is there a nerd-rage epidemic spreading?

My equally Dragon Ball filled childhood will prompt me to see this movie, enjoy it for what it is, and probably buy it on DVD.
You're both nuts.

I've pretty much been saying since day one that this was going to be an utter mess. It DID have potential to be really good. The Piccolo Daimao is indeed a GOOD arc to start a movie on for fans.

The problem here is that they're basically reimagining the entire series here and then some. Not to mention, almost virtually everything recognizable about the series is merely there in name and *some* likeness alone.

To people who aren't fans of Dragon Ball, they'll either recall the series and not be interested or just see this as a really big, steaming pile of crap. Especially seeing how small the budget was. To those who are fans, if they have no idea what's coming up, they're gonna notice a HUGE amount of differences.

When you have Piccolo Daimao wanting the Dragon Balls for WORLD DOMINATION instead of restoring his youth, it makes it sound like he's a total puss and needs something but his own power to rule the world.

Let's not forget the movie's also pushing it by having Piccolo KNOW he's an alien, as well as somehow knowing Goku is as well.

XSilverStarboyX

Part of me is terrified that this movie is being made, and another part wants to see it just to see how bad it is. Seriously, they don't even have Kuirin/krillin in it. He's replaced by this other guy.

Thats one of the things that makes me wonder if this movie will be any good at all. More than half of Goku's reasons for fighting King Piccollo in Dragonball was to avenge Krillin's death;152;

Rave

Banned

Rave

Banned
[img139]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9546/flamboyantnegroezn8.jpg[/img139]
Why you shouldn't even joke about that.

Because they think its funny and believe it to be true?

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet

Cipher

Nothing to be done
You're both nuts.
It took you four paragraphs to say "This movie will suck because it's different from the original plot"?

And say it does suck (not because of plot changes, but as it's own piece of cinema)? It should at least be a fun hour-and-a-half of action camp.

That said, I have no desire to get into twenty-page cat fights over inaccuracies and entertaignment value like certain Dragon Ball forums. So, agree to disagree.

Because they think its funny and believe it to be true?
Hellsing called. ...It wants its Samuel L. Jackson back?