• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DCU: Dragon Crisis (Son Gokû v. Superman)

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
DCU: Dragon Crisis (Son Gokû v. Superman)

I was bored a few week ago s I threw together a little story, even though this is impossible and I am normally against this sort of thing I decided to throw it together.

Superman: The Man of Steel

Versus

Son Gokû: The World’s Strongest Man

The two men, one a Kryptonian the other a Saiyan, stared each other down. Son Gokû had previously been brought to a foreign universe when an experiment by Lex Corp. involving dimensional analysis and study of potential worm holes leading to other realities went wrong, or as Lex Luthor soon came to appreciate, ripe with prospect.

Son Gokû grinned, the prospect of combating this alleged demigod thrilled him. His palms sweated with expectancy, taking his usual martial arts position, Gokû waited for the blue-clad demigod to make a move.

Clark Kent, the man behind the camouflage of the Man of Steel, analyzed his state of affairs circumspectly and began to ask himself why in the world he was here. He had agreed to spar with the foreigner from another universe as a sort of charity event (the program was being shown live on pay-per view and all of the funds would go to multiple charities and peace organizations like The Red Cross, and anti-terrorist or anti-gang programs) but in retrospect, he felt he had not been as vigilant about the circumstances as he should have. Luthor of all people was sponsoring and hosting the event, and while the man’s record was squeaky clean on the surface, Clark knew in his gut that Luthor hated him for disrupting his dastardly plan of the week for many years. Using his incredible sight Mister Kent scanned the direction in which Luthor’s media control base was located, and there he saw the suit grinning as he peered out the window and watch before him two titans of battle stared each other down.

Their battle was scheduled to commence in three minutes but Luthor felt as if he were waiting three long years for the eventual slaughter fest to begin. When Son Gokû had been brought into this world Luthor saw the wild haired man’s monstrous strength as a golden goose: Luthor would use Son Gokû’s simplicity and thirst for a strong opponent to humiliate Superman on global television if not see him obliterated. Luthor was a rich man and while he would have preferred to make himself richer he knew he must play the part of kind rich man giving back to the community. Sitting there, in his nice, comfortable chair, starring outside at the theatre of what promised to be a grand war; Luthor sipped his drink as his assistant Mercy coordinated the technicians behind him.

With a countdown by Miss Mercy Graves herself, the battle began.

Son Gokû made the first move: with a quick and unnoticeable to the normal human’s eye dash straight towards the one he called a foe. As he arrived within inches of Superman’s face Son Gokû made a quick stop and unleashed a mighty right elbow strike that struck The Man of Steel’s left jaw and sent him stumbling backwards, but Son Gokû did not stop there, he quickly unleashed a series of punches on the Blue Giant’s face.

Seventy-three punches must have landed before Clark could regain the balance he had lost from the first strike of the blitzkrieg this foreign man in an orange Gi unleashed upon him but once he did the mullet sporting Man of Steel knocked Son Gokû’s seventy-seventh jab away and countered with a left swing that landed right on Son’s right cheek and sent the mighty Saiyan warrior tumbling leftward.

Never one to be easily defeated, Son Gokû turned the leftward tumble into a series of back flips until he safely landed back on his own two feet several feet away from Superman. Son gave off a pleased smile as a sign of approval of Superman’s retort and began doing some simple stretching exercises, as he stretched he asked, “Whoopee, you sure are a strong one, ain’t cha?”

Clark thought to himself, rather embarrassed “I hope to God he doesn’t say ‘They sure grow ‘em big in Kansas’.”

“Alrighty, let’s continue!” Gokû said, half to himself, and then dashed forward.

“Sure is an aggressive guy, isn’t he?” Clark thought out loud to himself. Kent anticipated a right swing but instead he found himself kicked straight in the jaw by a left kick so powerful that it sent him upward into the sky.

With his extraordinary speed Son Gokû flew above the Superman he had sent flying and then hammered him back into the ground with a cupped hand downward swing, or so he had thought he was going to do; Superman met the hammer swing half way with a punch and because the wild-haired Saiyan was caught off guard his attack was broken and Superman’s counterattack turned into a uppercut that sent his orange-clad foe flying higher.

Repeating Son Gokû’s own strategy Superman zoomed above Son Gokû and swung down a hammer swing of his own, only this time Clark raised his cupped hands higher then Gokû had above his head and slammed them downward, hoping to send his foe crashing straight back into the acres upon acres of land Lex Luthor had bought to host this event.

As if almost instinctively Son Gokû grabbed the threatening and deadly hammer, and for a few seconds he believed he had stopped it, but that was simply the time delay for Gokû was suddenly and surprisingly thrown downward into the Earth from about forty feet in the sky. The impact caused the earth to collapses and Son Gokû soon found himself lodged four feet into the ground.

Meanwhile, Luthor gripped the alcoholic beverage in his hand as he uttered under his breath “Damn you Superman, but it is far from finished,” a devilish grin formed upon his face and he thought to himself “Now you will know the pain of being equaled; the warmth of blood…”

Clark landed on the ground safely and watched the small crater the impact had created. Things were silent, too silent. Many thoughts rushed through his mind, all playing out at once: “Did I kill him? Is he alive? Is he unconscious? Is it a trick? Will I now be charged with murder? What will the public think? Did I just play right into Luthor’s hands? Did he mean for me to kill this man? Was it to humiliate me? What’s the wife cookin’ tonight? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?” The Man of Steel felt his hands grow moist once more as a single bead of sweat trickled from his temple down the side of his left cheek and just as he was about to step forward he heard a ferocious roar. It was a roar filled with such bloodlust he had never before felt. Clark Kent: The Man of Steel took a step back and before his eyes the small crater where his foe lay exploded with energy. Clark saw before him a golden aura emit from the crater and for a moment a golden flash blinded him. When his vision returned he saw that what was once a small crater not four feet in diameter was now a large several yard in diameter crater. While not especially deep the crater-imprinted landscape was oddly smooth. In the center of the crater stood an orange Gi clad man surrounded by a gold aura. His golden hair stood on end pointed upward with his locks noticeable. This Golden Man sported teal colored pupils that only made the sight more frightening. The look in those eyes left Clark speechless.

This Golden Man, Son Gokû, finally spoke: “Ain’t cha having fun?”

Clark was stunned, “How can this frightening man be so…excited??” Son Gokû seemed to disappear before Clark’s eyes. The next thing he knew he has been slugged hard in the jaw, harder then he had even been before, and it hurt, badly, so badly that he was unable to hold his ground and was sent flying to his left.

As his foe glided across the battlefield, Son used his enhanced speed and quickly dashed ahead of The Man of Tomorrow and dealt a mighty kick to the face of The Man of Tomorrow, sending him straight into the sky.

Feeling more pain then he had ever before Superman grabbed his aching nose, “Is this what it feels like…to bleed?” The next thing the Kansas High School Football quarterback knew he was assaulted by a burning stream of energy and his ascent quickly became a diagonal to the left plunge to the topography below.

Having just unleashed his signature technique, the Kamehameha, Son Gokû watched as the greatest hero to this foreign universe plunged to the topography below and when The Man of Tomorrow finally hit the planet a loud series of noises singled a definite hit.

“Now do you see, Superman? You have brought this upon yourself. You could have left me to my destiny but you just had to step in, didn’t you? Because of you the people of the world will not be easily swayed, you give them hope. If I cannot kill you myself I shall have this witless buffoon do so for me!” Luthor looked on; a large cloud of dust covered the battlefield and without turning his chair or standing he roared, “Clear that up you imbeciles! We’ll lose viewers this way! They pay by the minute, you simpletons!!!” It wasn’t about the charity, though, it was about humiliating Superman, “Now, Superman…burn in the Hell you have brought unto yourself!”

Superman awoke from a brief unconsciousness disoriented and ridden with pain. In the seven years he had been wearing the Superman mask he had never before experienced such pain from a force, not even when attacked by Kryptonite powered weapons or when under a red sun. Using what strength he could muster Clark emerged from the large crater he found himself in. Luckily the sun was beating down on him and so his body soaked up the rays of light and the scratches and bruises on his face began to heal along with his broken nose and injured back but surprisingly he found himself under the assault of dozens of bluish white orbs of light, each one felt like and ember from a flame but fortuitously for Clark they didn’t hurt as much as that stream of energy did. Leaping upward The Last Son of Krypton delivered a quick series of jabs in Son Gokû’s direction but the golden haired thirty-five year old Son Gokû managed to dodge each one.

In an act of frustration Superman unleashed a blast of his heat vision directly hitting the Saiyan’s chest and knocking him backwards.

Taking what advantage he could Superman used this moment of distraction to his advantage and slugged Son Gokû in the nose rather hard and then followed up with a fist to the gut.

Trying as hard as he could to regain balance after that last strike to the gut Son found it hard to breath and added with the dust that was kicked up by his earlier Kamehameha Gokû sneezed and from his nostrils came crimson colored blood which spattered in Superman’s eyes. Both sides backed off so as to regain their composure.

After regaining his breath Son Gokû charged up his ki, or life energy, and as a physical representation of that his golden aura returned as vibrant as ever.

Son Gokû wasn’t the only one regaining his bearings, as Clark himself, who had landed earlier, used his x-ray vision to scan the area. His foe for this match was all the way on the other side of the dust cloud that still reigned over the battlefield. Clark thought out loud to himself “This dust might be blocking the views’ view of the battle…we wouldn’t want them being discouraged and changing the channel, this thing is by the minute, isn’t it?” After taking a step backward Clark inhaled some air and then unleashed a devastating dose of his super breath. After a few moments the dust was cleared.

“Nifty trick you got there,” Son Gokû grinned.

“Look who’s talking! What’s with that new hairdo?” Clark retorted.

“Oh, yeah, I suppose I didn’t explain. You see, as a Saiyan I can transform into multiple forms, this form here is called ‘Super Saiyan’.”

“Well…it’s ‘super’ alright,” Clark replied, brushing his hair backward.

“I’ve also attainted Super Saiyan Levels Two and Three!” Son Gokû explained.

“Oh my lord, are you telling me…”

“Yep, I’ve still got a LONG way to go!” Gokû replied excitedly.

Clark was taken aback. If the first level had multiplied his strength as much as it did what would the second or third level be like? Clark knew the only way he could keep up would be to dive into the sun itself and increase his normal power levels but that would be suicide, he had done it in the past and it actually killed the cells in his body that stored the yellow sun energy.

Son Gokû grinned and then suddenly his eyes burst straight open and his aura grew more frantic and it seemed as if electricity danced around his person. This sudden burst of energy surprised the Man of Steel.

This malevolent figure that stood before him left him speechless. Golden, spike-esque hair, and cold, teal colored pupils. Clark Kent: The Man of Steel stood speechless

Giddy like a small child, Son Gokû spoke first, “This battle has probably just become a lot harder for you. Don’t worry, just try to have a fun time, but don’t expect me to holdback while in this form.”

He stuttered at first but Clark was finally able to utter a reply, “Monstrous…”

Quickly, Son dashed forward and threw up a right kick straight to Superman’s jaw but this time the Man of Tomorrow managed to snap out of his state-of-mind in time to bend backward, but Gokû turned his failed upward swing into a downward slice that made contacted with the Man of Steel’s gut sending the already off balance Kryptonian crashing towards the battlefield.

As quickly as he could Clark twisted his body before it hit the ground and unleashed a blast of super breath, propelling him straight into the air where he could regain his bearings…or so he would have liked.

Using his enhanced speed from his second transformation Son reappeared behind his foe much to The Man of Tomorrow’s surprise and disdain. Showing off his enhanced attributes Gokû unleashed another blitzkrieg assault on Superman who actually managed to fend off of few blows once about thirty or so of them had landed.

Grabbing the Saiyan’s fist Clark began to squeeze as hard as he could, but to his surprise the Golden Warrior’s aura exploded into a blazing rage and with a sharp and quick turn of the wrist the orange-clad warrior broke Clark’s grip and used his chest as a kickoff to gain some distance between the two. Needless to say, Clark rubbed his upper body to help with the pain.

“I think it’s time to show him a few of my techniques…” Son thought to himself as he began channeling ki into his right fist. With an excited and wild look on his face, Son shouted out “DRAGON FIST!”

Taken aback by the sudden vocal outburst Clark soon realized it was a precursor to pain as the foreigner flew straight at him, his right fist extended. Clark soon found himself thinking “Am I goin’ nuts or is that a golden dragon coming straight at me?” Reacting as quickly as he could Clark threw a punch to counter Son’s, but in his mind the Kryptonian was being swallowed whole by a malevolent gold dragon. The two punches collided and for a moment they seemed to annul each other…or so Clark thought. The tardy retort, Clark found, was a major irritant. The Man of Steel’s fist seemed to rupture, the bones within it was shattered and the resulting shockwave of the collision began to split open pockets of his skin, as a consequence blood shot out in multiple directions.

The Dragon Fist had much more destructive power then Gokû initially thought. Son had been working on the technique for only a few days prior to his being drawn into this universe so it was by no means in fact used in a mêlée prior to this initial usage. Rubbing his fist, for it was a tad bit sore, Gokû watched as his foe, as in much pain as he was shot upward into the sky. Son followed him as long as he could before being blinded by the sun. “Weird, why’s he flyin’ at the sun?” unbeknownst to Son Gokû, thing’s were about to get a lot more unpredictable.

“Accursed Kryptonian,” Luthor thought to himself as the tech crew behind him tried to get a camera fix on The Man of Tomorrow shooting towards the sun “You will perish, if not by the fool’s hand, then by your own!” Luthor watched on as the orange-clad warrior on the monitor before him placed his index and middle fingers together and pressed them on his forehead. In a blink of an eye, he was gone.

As he struggled to break through the Earth’s atmosphere Clark could at the very least feel his body rejuvenate from the rays of sunlight, that is, before he felt another crushing blow to the left of his face. The punch was so mighty it sent him crashing from high up into the sky all the way down to the Eastern Gate of the battlefield, over thirty miles from where they had been fighting all of this time. Clark found himself in a crater, much of the area was caving inward and the gate that was suppose to keep outsiders from getting hurt by the insuring battle was partially damaged. Clark grunted a vulgar word as he crawled out from the crater his impact had created, and coughed up a bloody tooth. His costume was burned and torn in many places and somewhere along the way he lost his cape. Finally saying to heck with it all Clark ripped off his raggedy shirt, cracked his knuckles (noticing the pain still in his right fist, however much it had visibly healed) and then headed off to battle once more. Clark began swinging at Son but the warrior’s superior instincts allowed him to dodge quite a few punches, however the few that did hit hurt. The Man of Steel was no longer restraining himself, and as a sign of this he trapped Son Gokû in a bear hug, squeezed him tightly and then began diving towards the ground.

Son instantly knew what his foe planned to do, The Man of Steel planned to drill him into the ground. Try as he may, Son could not break free.

Luthor watched the display monitors religiously. Superman, with Gokû tightly incased in his grip, dove down towards the Earth at an incredible speed and just as they were to crash The Man of Steel let go of his pray and watched as he crashed into the ground. “Damn.”

Clark’s attack had done far more damage then he anticipated. The crater created was enormous, so much so he questioned whether or not it was worth the damage it had done to the Earth. Using his x-ray vision he noticed some activity was going on and then and there he knew the fight would go on. At top speed Clark flew toward the sun once more.

After a few moments Son pulled himself out from under all of the rubble and dusted himself off. “Ouch, that really hurt,” Son thought out loud as he was experiencing pain in his back, neck, right side, and arm. Son Gokû found that his Gi was partially torn in multiple places and had multiple holes. Splitting up some blood Gokû sensed for Superman, but the moment he locked on he received a mighty punch to the jaw from the left that sent him flying right for many yards before he pulled himself together. “Wow, that was a surpri—”

Clark hit the Saiyan before he could finish his sentence straight in his stomach and then delivered another blow to the Saiyan’s jaw sending him stumbling backward into a pit of rocks.

Son Gokû found that falling into a rock pit was very painful for him in the state he was in. A few of the Saiyan’s ribs were cracked and there was most probably a bit of internal bleeding. Finding himself short on breath Gokû struggled to pick himself up but found his body wasn’t going to listen to him very easily. Cursing his poor condition Gokû turned to look for his opponent but found that the mullet-sporting Kryptonian was nowhere to be found. “Sense him out…come on body, work with me here!” Son felt a quick kick to the stomach send him flying upward into the sky only for him to then be shoved back into the battlefield by a downward slice from The Last Son of Krypton. Not one to go down easily Son picked himself up once more and laughed nervously as he said “I think the Ol’ Man would say something like: “And so the tables have turned” at a time like this…”

Gokû was obviously weary at this point and Clark had no intention of causing any long term injuries to the foreigner so he offered up a suggestion “Why don’t you just throw in the towel now, before you get hurt beyond recovery?”

Son quickly replied “Ain’t gonna happen, this is WAY too much fun!”

Clark shook his head in disapproval and with his great speed went in for the kill, metaphorically speaking, but as soon as he reached the half way point between the two men’s distance he was blown away by a surge of the Saiyan’s ki. In only a brief flash of light the Saiyan had once again transformed. The proud warrior now stood with a much brighter and ominous golden aura. His hair had grown into a sort of pseudo-mullet in its own right but instead of reaching only his neck, like Clark’s did, it had grown past his bottom. Clark noticed that in addition to the new hair Son’s eye brows had mysteriously vanished and his facial expression was now more stern then it had ever been, and when the Saiyan spoke, it was in a more deeper and serious tone: “This should help me out quite a bit. This is Super Saiyan Level Three, as you might’ve already guessed.” Clark stared straight at Son, but this time it was not with fear, but with impatience and annoyance.

In an attempt to showcase his increased speed and strength Son Gokû dashed forward and attempted a fourth blitzkrieg but Superman kept up easily with the weary Saiyan, blocking each attack and retaliating with his own, in fact, Son had the great displeasure of receiving a blow straight to his nose.

Feeling the pain spread in his face Son sneezed up blood once more, most of it hitting his face and shirt. Falling backwards, Son was determined to get a definite hit and so by cupping his hands at his side as he entered freefall he channeled his energy into a small spark of light that quickly became a powerful and large cluster of bluish-white light. Son let loose a mighty roar, “Kamehame—HA!”

It was that energy blast attack again, but this time when it hit Clark it covered his whole body. The burning was stronger then ever but by absorbing more energy from the sun Clark had prepared himself for this moment and in doing so he had hardly felt any sensation. Once the attack had finished Clark found that his opponent had used the attack as a sort of makeshift rocket to gain some distance between the two, in fact he had already landed back onto the ground. At full speed, Clark raced back into the fray.

Wiping the blood from his face with his torn and raggedy orange Gi, Son noticed his foe closing in on him once more at a higher speed then ever. Cursing his luck, Son powered up his ki and with a roar he met The Man of Steel’s fist with one of his own, “DRAGON FIST!”

This time Clark was determined to beat the dragon head on and as the two fists clashed midair they seemed to resonate, an incredible shockwave was created by the clash and both men were sent flying in totally different directions.

Even with his strength as depleted as it was Son managed to stop himself midair and not wanting to lose this chance he flew at full speed to where he had seen The Man of Steel crash. Grabbing him by the arm, Son lifted the disoriented Kryptonian and began a furious blitzkrieg of attacks ranging from his Rock-Paper-Scissors combo to just plain old blasting the man with balls of ki. Throwing the blue demigod into the sky, Son charged his ki one final time and with the last of it he unleashed one final attack, “SUPER KAMEHAME—HA!!!”

Clark could not believe his eyes, this time the stream of energy was larger then ever before, “I’ll…die!” he thought to himself, and then it hit him, Luthor knew this whole time that he would meet his end in this battle, but before he could counteract, the blast hit home and carried into the deep space…

Luthor watched the display monitors before him gleefully for what he saw before him was a planet destroying blast so intense that the tech crew had trouble recording it. The bright light was intense but Luthor did not look away, instead he relished in the moment. “That’s life, Superman.” But then, Luthor saw something that struck him with horror. It was small, but a speck on the monitors, but when he ordered the tech crew to enhance the picture, his jaw dropped, and he literally leapt out of his chair to see The Man of Steel falling at a steady pace from the sky into the devastated battlefield. A fair thud was heard as the body of Superman crashed into the ground and created one more incredible crater. Luthor, his face contorting into a nasty sneer cried out: “Damn it all!” and in an act of rage threw his glass at the monitor, cursing his ill fortune.

Meanwhile, Son Gokû, having lost a great deal of strength, reverted back to his normal form. Tired, he sat down on the nearest boulder and waited for his foe to awaken. It was obvious he had won with that final attack and so he dug into his Gi and fished out a small pouch and dug out from it a small bean. Savoring the bean, Son returned the pouch to its quarters, and continued his wait.

It wasn’t until about an hour later that The Man of Steel awoke, to unfamiliar surroundings. It was a small room with just the bed and a side table. Rubbing his eyes Clark snapped himself out of his disoriented state and peered around. Noticing a fresh copy of his costume, he slipped it on and then peered outside of his room where he found Son Gokû gorging.

“Quite an eater, aren’t you?” Clark jokingly asked.

“Yep, I always get hungry after a good fight!”

“I suppose I lost?” Clark half-stated and half-asked.

“Well…” Gokû had to swallow what he had been eating before he could continue his reply “Yeah, pretty much. I was afraid I had killed you for a minute there, but boy was that fight fun or what?! We should do it again, sometime!”

“I don’t think I ever want to fight you again after the trouble I had just getting in one hit. If you have gone all out from the beginning I don’t think it would have nearly been as exciting for the viewers at home, though.”

Gokû grinned as he replied, “Probably. I suppose I just have more battle experience then you, not to mention I’ve died twice!”

Clark wore a puzzled face as a sort of non-verbal reply

“I know what you’re thinking, but it’s true!”

Pouring himself a cup of coffee from the pot on one of the tables Clark sat down on the couch directly opposite of Son Gokû. Sipping the coffee Clark asked, “So, where’d you get the new clothes?”

Gokû was puzzled for a moment before his expression changed to one of understanding, “Oh yeah, that nice bald man gave ‘em to me. Heck, he even offered to dispose of my old Gi ‘cause of how torn it was.”

“Well, the white tee-shirt and jeans sure do make you blend in a little better in this world, speaking of which, what exactly are you going to do next?”

“No clue,” Son replied honestly, “I suppose I’ve got to figure out how to get home.”

“Well,” sighed Clark, “Luthor got you into this mess, he should at least have the decency to get you out.”

“I hope nobody back home is worrying,” Gokû said, reaching for his glass of water.

“If anything Luthor should be able to return you to the exact moment you left, right?”

Gokû replied honestly, “I wouldn’t know, I ain’t very book smart. Chi-Chi was always the one helpin’ Gohan with his learnin’.”

“So, you’re a married man?” asked an amused Clark.

“Uh…yeah, sort of, you see I ain’t ever really understood how it happened but after I beat Piccolo at the Twenty-Third Tenka’ichi Budôkai Chi-Chi said we were getting’ married and so we did, but that was seventeen years ago and I reckon havin’ been dead eight of those years have been hard on her…”

“What an interesting…idiot,” thought Clark as he himself had only been married two or so years. Wanting to change the subject Clark asked, “So...from the sound of it you’ve got kids, right?”

“Yeah, Gohan’s going on seventeen and Goten on…eight…I think…” being out of touch with his family and friends as much as he was usually left him a little behind on the times.

Jokingly, Clark asked, “So, are either of them as great a fighter as you?”

“Oh yeah, Gohan’s way stronger then I am!” Gokû replied earnestly.

Clark, partially stunned, replied “Oh…my.”

The door to the recreation room opened and in stepped a tall man with a black cape that concealed what was underneath it and a black mask that had two spike-esque ears protruding from atop it. All that was visible of the mans body was his face. In a blunt and calm move the man walked over to the coffee pot, poured a cup of Joe, walked over to the couch and sat down next to his Kryptonian comrade.

“Long night, Bruce?”

“I’ve seen longer, Clark.”

Son Gokû stared quizzically.