• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dead Space

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
So, as many of you may know, last Tuesday Dead Space 2 was released for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. This really got me thinking. How many of you actually played the original Dead Space and got totally freaked out by it, and how many of you actually intend to buy Dead Space 2 or already have?

Personally, I thought the original Dead Space was fun as hell but there were only a few moments where I was honestly freaked out. I've heard that Dead Space 2 is far scarier, though, so I can't wait to go and get my hands on it. I just need to get money first. D;

How about all of you?

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I got Dead Space back in 2008, loved it. Back then I was eagerly waiting on Resident Evil 5 to come out and thought Dead Space looked interesting so I kind of bought it on a whim. Turns out it was FAR better than Resident Evil 5. I 1000G'd it and completed it on the hardest difficulty with only the Plasma Cutter.

I've also seen the first animated movie, played through Dead Space Extraction on the Wii (pretty damn good game for an on-rails-shooter) and now I've bought Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition. So yes, I'm a fan. I think I'm on Chapter 8 of Dead Space 2 right now, I'm playing my first run on Survivalist difficulty so it's more of a challenge than the first.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I just downloaded Dead Space after having bought it months ago on Steam for $6. I haven't gotten that far, so I'm not sure what to think yet. But even if I do like it, the PC version of Dead Space 2 doesn't look so great.

Also, WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE A 7 MB GIF IN YOUR SIG?!

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Played the first hour or so of the first one. I don't normally like survival-horror games, but I enjoyed what little I played of Dead Space.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
I got Dead Space back in 2008, loved it. Back then I was eagerly waiting on Resident Evil 5 to come out and thought Dead Space looked interesting so I kind of bought it on a whim. Turns out it was FAR better than Resident Evil 5. I 1000G'd it and completed it on the hardest difficulty with only the Plasma Cutter.

Please don't get me started on Resident Evil 5 and what a disappointment that was after waiting months for it. D: Lol. Yeah, Dead Space was the second game I ever got all the achievements in. I couldn't get enough of it. I went through it on Easy the first time so I didn't get that freaked out, but when I went through on the hardest difficulty with only the plasma cutter things were wayyyy different. xD

I've also seen the first animated movie, played through Dead Space Extraction on the Wii (pretty damn good game for an on-rails-shooter) and now I've bought Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition.
Is Dead Space Extraction actually worth buying? I was debating whether or not to get it but I've always hated on-rails-shooters. D:

But even if I do like it, the PC version of Dead Space 2 doesn't look so great.
I also hear the PC version's getting shafted when it comes to DLC, so it doesn't really seem worth getting it on the PC to begin with. :/

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
I got the first game over the summer and loved it. I picked up the second one on Thursday and just beat it last night. Only thing that ever scared me is the "boo scares", and those just made me jump. The general atmosphere of the game is great and really adds to those moments (especially in chapter 10, won't post spoilers though). The new "bomb baby" crawler enemies in the second one kinda freaked me out a bit at first, but I'm used to them by now. I bought the collectors edition for PS3 so I still have to try out Extraction. I wanna get a PS move controller before I try it out however.

I also tried a bit of the multiplayer and it is fun for a few hours but gets boring after that.

Oh and if you got Ignition for preordering you only have to beat the first set of puzzles to unlock the stuff for Dead Space 2. Which is good cause that's kinda crappy game anyway.

-;248;

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
How are those games? Thought about buying one of them but decided on the 3DS instead.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Is Dead Space Extraction actually worth buying? I was debating whether or not to get it but I've always hated on-rails-shooters. D:

I rented it and a rent is enough. There are two really impressive amazing moments in that game, but I won't ruin them for you.

How are those games? Thought about buying one of them but decided on the 3DS instead.

Very good, if you're okay with getting scared.

I beat it on Zealot and then Hard Core. Got all 50 Achievements and unlocked that nice hand cannon by last Saturday. Game is so freaking fantastic I love it to pieces.

The second one that is. DS2 truly improved on everything in DS1 and left an overall better experience in my mind. Though the first was also absolutely fantastic in its own right.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I've been watching a playthrough of Dead Space 2 on TobyGames and it's looked pretty good so far. I've jumped a few times.

incorporeal05

I'll be honest, I liked Dead Space, but not enough to buy it, so I never finished it. I started a play through of Dead Space 2 and it looks like I'm going to finish this one. Dead Space was good, but Dead Space 2 is better.

Though it hasn't really been very scary, to be frank. There's a lot more open areas and the hallways aren't barely bigger than your RIG. I've been startled a couple of times when I wasn't paying attention, but it hasn't been scary for me. Fun game, though.

Plus, I love all of the technology in science fiction games. It's good to see things like holographic computer displays in a more physical sense than just in my own head, haha.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Saw a video of the failed eye scene.

Nice.

You know I didn't even know you could mess that up. I did it perfectly my first try and didn't think anything of it until I saw someone elses playthrough who did it wrong. So nasty..

-;248;

I've never actually played the original, but I recently watched a play through. God that nurse scene? The head-bashing dude? lol Those are great.

Though I do gotta say, I think Dead Space does the gore in a more.. artful way. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is intense and gorey, but its like psychotic gorey, which has an emotional spin on it, as opposed to "Lol hey gaiz, we have blood, were kewl rite?"
Even when youre struggling to tear something off of your face, or have your jugular bitten, I still find myself wondering and fearing the fact that these creatures were once human far more than I fear the actual violence.

Yeah, i'm excited for the second one. >: D

Saw a review on Good Game last night, started with a clip of that guy getting ****ed by that alien (then turning into an alien), which I infer is near the start of the game, and saw some arm-ripping clips.

NOPE.

Necromorphs. They're Necromorphs.

Get it right, Aussie.

Chimchar15

Amazing game. I am definitely doing a second play through. This game improved a lot on the first one and still have moments which really scared me. Especially chapter 10 lol.