• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama! (641)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ditto - Transformation Battle! Which One Is It That's Real!?

Heading to the Grand Festival, Ash & Dawn are in training when they encounter a Ditto that appears and starts imitating Ash & Dawn's Pokémon. After working out which one is the real one, they soon find out that the Ditto is owned by a trainer. The trainer is eager to show the power of her Ditto and challenges Ash to a battle. She learns that her previous strategies are not working and needs to learn how to more efficiently use her Ditto. However, Team Rocket have their eyes on the Ditto...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great episode. I loved the battles between Makina and Ash/Brock. Finally Ash has won a battle. Makina seems like she doesn't know so much about moves and fights so Brock explained her and she used her Pokedex during the battle. It was nice to see some legendary pokemon in this episode (Giratina, Zapdos and Regigigas). And finally the friends are getting to Lake Vlaor.

Janovy

Banned
Haha, it also seems Makina develops a crush on Brock but soon as he turns round, he spots another beautiful lady and starts flirting with her. xD

But now he gets 3 Croagunk's from behind, LOL.

Last edited:

TeddiUrsa

To be honest, I was a little bit bored by this episode.

Sure, the potential of being funny like hell was there, but the writers didn't use it.

Everytime the Ditto transformed into another Pokémon it jst stood there with it or fought against it in a typical "comedy-dustcloud".
So much comedic potential wasted.
Fukamaru's Draco meteor gag is starting to get on my nerves too. It is all nice and fun, but when Fukamaru's presence in a scene is just for that joke I want to shake my head.
Fukamaru is a fun pokemon by itself. It doesn't NEED to do that draco-meteor gag every time it appears.
While Makina was a decent character who even gave Takeshi ( and his pokemon?! o_O) some screentime she couldn't save this episode from being mediocre.

The copy-gags didn't amuse me, the battles were kinda meh, the interaction ( besides Takeshi's part) boring.

There were a few nice touches though.
Nyath's boss fantasy was funny, Pikachu's funny-faces felt nostalgic ( I bet it was just stock footage though xD) and , as serebii said, that scene with Zapdos and Cubone/Marowak was hilarously strange written and let's not forget the triple poison stab at the end. I would have liked more of this...

In conclusion:
The anime had much better comedy based episodes. Maybe I have no sense of humor or I am too spoiled, but the copy-gags didn't do it for me.

Dax

Legend
I was a little bored.

Gible is becoming incredibly annoying. The plot wasn't funny, the battles weren't amusing.

I liked Piplup, the penguin was funny at the beginning and so was Pikachu. Pikachu's faces were a nice touch. I tried to keep up with the pokemon it tried to impersonate but couldn't. XD

I didn't watch this episode yet since I'm in USA, but is that a Shiny Ditto on the left?

I didn't watch this episode yet since I'm in USA, but is that a Shiny Ditto on the left?

FlyAsADunsparce

I think the episode was fun to watch. It was cool to see Ditto in the Animé once again. Nohting big happened though. I'm more excited about the next episode. The Zapdos vs cubone and marowak part was funny. The piplup and gible parts too...

BM14murph

Master Collector
I have to say it was better than i thought it would be anyway quite enjoyable actually

The new ditto trandformation artwork is pretty damn cool seeing Zapdos is never a bad thing....even though it's the most showcased legendary bird....we couldn't have seen moltres no? :(

Is Makina actually related to Flint or just dressing up as him?

Sadly there was a lot of speech in this episode which i couldn't understand :( - damn not knowing Japanese

Brock is a fool a girl likes him finally (again) which he didn't like...i don't think and then he goes and ruins it by trying it on with another girl. Serves him right he got the triple *** jabbing lol (that sounds dirty :S lol)

She actually went off on bad terms with the group really without much of a goodbye. She must be the first COTD to walk off on bad terms with them?

HoennMaster

It was ok. Are Zapdos common around Sinnoh in the anime? This Gible plot line is becoming boring. You would think Ash would try to train it by now. If he doesn't it isn't going to be much of an asset in the League.

Last edited:

Brainwashed

Peace and Love
I thought the ending was funny with the three Croagunk's attacking Brock.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I have to say it was better than i thought it would be anyway quite enjoyable actually

The new ditto trandformation artwork is pretty damn cool seeing Zapdos is never a bad thing....even though it's the most showcased legendary bird....we couldn't have seen moltres no? :(

Is Makina actually related to Flint or just dressing up as him?

Sadly there was a lot of speech in this episode which i couldn't understand :( - damn not knowing Japanese

Brock is a fool a girl likes him finally (again) which he didn't like...i don't think and then he goes and ruins it by trying it on with another girl. Serves him right he got the triple *** jabbing lol (that sounds dirty :S lol)

She actually went off on bad terms with the group really without much of a goodbye. She must be the first COTD to walk off on bad terms with them?

I've only checked the pictures.. but it seems to me that she is just dressing up as him. Why would you if you were related wear almost the same attire? Buck is Flint's alleged brother in game, and he wears a different set of clothing/hairstyle.

I only just noticed the walk off on bad terms part! Maybe she's going to reappear in the league in a double battle or something, since she seemed kinda peeved at Ash, though I dunno why.

It was ok. Are Zapdos common around in the anime? This Gible plot line is becoming boring. You would think Ash would try to train it by now. If he doesn't it isn't going to be much of an asset in the League.

Actually, we've only seen five real Zapdos' in the animé, two of which are in the movies and two are presumably the same. Articuno has the title for being in most episodes and movies, though one appeared in a three episode arc with Todd/Snap, and another one appeared with Noland, and subsequent flashbacks.

I feel an old Snorunt storyline coming.

Yup, who doesn't? Though media confirm that Gible will still be Gible by the time the movie comes around. Furthermore the opening spoilered three major evolutions/capture, why wouldn't it spoil Gible's evolution?

DP's been weird like that. First giving us the impression that certain pokemon inhibit the main characters from having the same pokemon, most affirmatively the Piplup line, because Piplup disliked Prinplup's reflection and such. That and other rivals having evolutions of the main groups pokemon... probably because of Sinnoh's lack of new pokemon, and to keep the similarities down. Heck they even gave Nando two of the same evolutionairy line and Ursula got away with Plusle and Minum, since they're a duo, but TWO Eevee's!??

The pokemon in the maingroup which have/had evolved forms in other teams:
Piplup
Grotle - only exception to the appearant rule, which is why it surprised so many..
Buneary
Buizel
Gible...

Pokemon that are on multiple teams:
Gliscor
Roserade
Heracross
Staraptor
Torterra
Glameow (Zoey and Johanna)
Pokemon that are likely to/might appear:
Electivire (Gary, Paul)
Aggron (Conway, and Paul has a Lairon.. why would he have an underevolved pokemon, seems fishy)

Right.. looks back at what thread this is.. weird, out of place rant over!