• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama! (641)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This was a very funny episode. You don't get the impact by just looking at pics.

I gather Gible is getting focused in every ep because its a late capture and will be leaving soon, so better focus on it as much as possible.

HoennMaster

I'd agree if it did something other then east and hit Piplup with Draco Meteor. Ash needs to start training him already.

Actually, we've only seen five real Zapdos' in the animé, two of which are in the movies and two are presumably the same. Articuno has the title for being in most episodes and movies, though one appeared in a three episode arc with Todd/Snap, and another one appeared with Noland, and subsequent flashbacks.

I meant to just say in Sinnoh.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Great episode.

But Brock is a dork, he got a girl interested on him again, and he ruined it with his antics again.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Great episode.

But Brock is a dork, he got a girl interested on him again, and he ruined it with his antics again.

I think he's got that certain addiction that's been in the news more often as of late xD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Finally had time to view this episode. It started out so cutely with Piplup sleeping under a tree then it got creepy since it was being stalked by a pair of eyes. Piplup starting eating all the food and it took me a minute to realize that it was only an imposter Piplup! Everyone was mad at it until it was revealed to be a fake, all thanks to Gible's trusty Draco Meteor as predicted. Togekiss was copied too but Dawn used her Pokeball and that solved it. Pikachu was mimicked too, though it wouldn't go in a Pokeball so that trick wouldn't weed-out the fake. Kinda odd since the fake Pikachu sounded different than the usual Pikachu and would have therefore been easier to spot. Just goes to show how unobservant Ash can be especially since he chose the wrong Pikachu and got shocked by the real one :S

Loved the return of Pikachu's famous Pokemon impressions as it was the cutest thing Pikachu ever did in the anime. Then that copycat girl shows up saying "please" in English instead of the usual Japanese word for please? She was imitating Flint apparently which would have almost passed as cute were it not for her Ditto's. Loved that one was a Shiny Ditto but it didn't transform into a Shiny-version of Pokemon which was a letdown. The girl's name was Makina (was she in Movie 12?) and she did have a bit of an attitude even going as far as talking about Paul I believe which surprised Ash. Team Rocket stalked Ash in Co from the bushes and Jessie started fantasizing and Meowth proceeded to his Boss Fantasy involving Regigigas and Giratina look-alikes courtasy of Ditto :p

Ash challenges Makina to a battle and of course she uses her Ditto since those were apparently her only Pokemon. Her Shiny Ditto was up first and it looked pretty darn snazzy all blue. Ash used Infernape and I was glad since it's such a strong Pokemon, but the Shiny Ditto transformed into an Infernape to counter it. Infernape and Ditto clashed with Flame Wheel and, shockingly, Ditto was powerful enough to withstand it. Infernape and Ditto used Mach Punch and I was sure Infernape had the type advantage but I forgot Ditto's type changes when it transforms. Ditto still lost, but probably only because Infernape was trained better. Makina sent her normal Ditto out to the battlefield and Ash returned Infernape, not a good move on his part I thought since Infernape is a star player :/

I guess I can't be mad since Ash chose Pikachu as his next Pokemon. Ditto transformed into Piplup and I thought, "Why do that? Piplup's a Water type and is therefore weak against Pikachu?!". Makina was clearly an amateur as seen when Pikachu's Thunderbolt caused a lot of damage against Ditto. She learned from her mistake and had Ditto transform into Pikachu. She used her PokeDex (orange?) to see what moves Pikachu could use, pretty smart. Pikachu easily countered Iron Tail and Makina resorted to Volt Tackle again Pikachu's Quick Attack? Apparently Makina didn't remember that Volt Tackle causes recoil damage and her Ditto lost while Ash's Pikachu was able to keep from getting injured. Makina then had a little temper tantrum and I though, "Seriously?". Ash beat her fair and square :[

Glad Dawn and Brock tried to talk her out of her drama but Makina seemed upset that she lost to Ash. Makina recalled how she apparently won most of her battles; having seen a Zapdos, she had her Ditto's transform into one to scare away trainers. Brock wasn't pleased to hear of her selfish act and he commenced to lecture her on the error of her ways lol. Brock showed a fiery passion I hadn't seen in years when he ranted about Pokemon to Makina (even Ash was surprised haha). Makina was reduced to tears but Brock forgave her and tried to teach her stuff? He started with the basic type advantage lecture which I was surprised Makina hadn't heard before. It was cute to see her taking notes though haha, just like a proper student should. She even asked questions to Brock as if he were a real teacher and I almost started to like this new Makina who seemed to want to learn how to battle properly.

During battle practice Brock used Happiny (about time), that thing hasn't gotten too much attention lately. Makina seemed to utilize all her knowledge during the battle which was interesting to watch. They were just about to finish things off when Team Rocket appeared and tried to steal Makina's Ditto. Jessie's Seviper used Haze and they made a quick getaway as always. I loved the Meowth and Wobbuffet triplets when Team Rocket released Ditto from the net lol. Staraptor led Ash and Co to Team Rocket's location and Makina was reunited (it felt so good) with her Ditto's. The usual Team Rocket battle ensued but Makina used type advantages to clobber Carnivine and Seviper. With Ash's help and three "Pikachu" on their side they blew Team Rocket away! When Makina left the group, she left with more knowledge than she originally had thanks to Brock. Though he had his mind on other things near the end, it was nice to see him getting scolded by THREE Croagunk lol. It was a pretty good episode, 9/10.

Last edited:

Kazuki Mirai

Funny how they mentioned steel-type move is ineffective against electric types in this episode. If I recall beforehand, there were several episodes that have Iron Tail hitting Pikachu as if it deals normal damage. That's anime for ya.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode was kinda boring for me. I didn't really care for the COTD or her 2 Dittos, probably the worst episode I've seen from this arc.

Geodude

The girl's name was Makina (was she in Movie 12?) and she did have a bit of an attitude even going as far as talking about Paul I believe which surprised Ash.
Actually that's not what she said. "Shinji" also means "beginner". She thought Ash and friends were beginning trainers. You can tell because the first thing Ash says in response is "Shinji ja nai!" ("Not beginners!") "Ja nai" is a negation that you hear from time to time in the show.

Last edited:

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
It's amazing how Ditto changed into any of the pokemon - even Zapdos

Very interesting how Makina resembles Flint...either a relative or a fanatic

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
It seems that Makina is in over her head. She shouldn't underestimate Ash and his friends that's because they train their latest pokemon such as Togekiss and Gible. Dawn started her journey much earlier and Ash has been a great and experienced trainer for the last five years since he was 10 in Kanto. Not to mention he competed the Kanto,Johto,Hoenn,and Orange Leagues along with the Battle Frontier. In the end, Ash defeated her with ease. Looks like Makina form a rivalry with Ash. Brock instructs her then she admires her. Of course with Brock flirting, then she turns around.

Torpoleon

Pretty cool episode. Wow, looks like we see Zapdos in Sinnoh again. Narissa seems like an interesting character with her Ditto. That was funny when Gible could tell which Piplup was Dawn's with Draco Meteor, although Dawn could have recalled Piplup into his Poké Ball. It's not the greatest of episodes, but it was pretty cool.
8/10

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The episode wasnt too bad, Narissa was quite cocky, but I can see why she wants to be, so she can be tough as nails when it comes to talking about winning Battles where she doesnt even have to battle. It was nice to see Brock got his strict side out while telling her that all talk isnt about battling. Quite impressive of Brock.

Seeing two Dittos, both regular and shiny, were nice to see in this episode. I missed the first two or three minutes, so I mustve missed the Gible gag.

But anyways, good episode, not too bad, and I loved the ending part since the gang has returned to the sight of Lake Valor! And the Lake Resort! Especially since the gang themselves havent been here since the Wallace Cup.

Sinnoh Grand Festival, HERE WE COME!

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I actually liked this episode. Was even chuckling a bit at it:

-Narissa and her tom-boy personality

-The beginning was a laugh with the two Ditto confusing the gang, especially with the Piplup fight.

-Brock getting strict in this ep. trying to talk her back down to earth.

- Really getting down deep into the type advantages/disadvantages when they were battling against Team Rocket.

- A legendary Pokemon like Zapdos just floating by in broad daylight? Since there's been so many sightings the past few years, I guess they aren't considered legends anymore.

-But I really like was how Narissa was using her Pokedex to figure out her opponents moves for her Ditto instead of automatically knowing. To me, that's realism.

8/10

Dattebayo

Banned
There's no way Narissa will ever win with just her two dittos as they're only good for breeding purposes. At first I thought she was Flint's relative until it turns out she's just a fangirl. I'm starting to feel scared that internet speak is slowly taking over our cartoons.

SmartD

It was a great episode. Seeing a shiny Ditto is neat. And Ditto copying other Pokemon was funny in the beginning, and so was Brock getting a triple Poison Jab at the end. Next episode will be the Grand Festival, I can't wait to see it.

Shadow XD001

This episode was funny when the two Dittos were confusing the gang. At first when Ditto transformed into Piplup, I knew which was the real one. After the Fake & Real Piplup got into a fight, I was completely lost. ^^; Kinda weird to see a Zapdos out of random, then again, ash has seen Ho-oh "out of random" Wow, Ash and Co. must have forgotten what Flint looked like if they didn't know that Narissa was wearing similar clothes (and similar hairstyle) then Flint. Also, funny at the end when Narissa kind of liked Brock, then he turned on her.

Next stop: SINNOH GRAND FESTIVAL

7/10

Candy-Sama

Kawaii Power
Awww, Narissa said "noob" in the dub...

Anyways, this episode was okay for a filler. I liked the bit with Pikachu making faces, but you'd think even the twerps would notice that the real Pikachu made the faces first with Ditto imitating it. I found Narissa's attitude (most of the time) and Brock's drawings funny and YAY, we have arrived at Lake Valor. And this is kind of random, but doesn't Flint (and now Narissa) kind of look like Ronald McDonald?