• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dealing with and abusing the new threats of B2W2

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
also, Pokemon Trainer R, please stop posting Ubers set. We all know you're great at Dream World Ubers, but I believe we're dealing with the Standard OU Meta

The topic creator never specified a metagame to which this thread must relate to, so it is fine to post any sets for any tier as long as they are relevant to the metagame changes that are being brought about by the introduction of Pokémon Black and White 2. But in any case, that was the last Übers set I intended to post in this thread anyway.

Though, your Dragonite set seems nice, But I think it gets outclassed by Tornadus-T in terms of using it as some sort of Rain Abuser

Dragonite has Multiscale, Roost, Thunder, different stats, and is of different typing, so I don't see how Tornadus-T "outclasses" it. But I use that Dragonite set in a team that also has Tornadus-T in it anyway, so even if one did "outclass" the other, it wouldn't matter. Together, I think the Dragonite I just posted as well as this following Tornadus-T make an excellent offensive core in the rain, especially since Flying is one of the best offensive types in existence:

641-therian.gif

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Superpower
- U-turn

The topic creator never specified a metagame to which this thread must relate to, so it is fine to post any sets for any tier as long as they are relevant to the metagame changes that are being brought about by the introduction of Pokémon Black and White 2. But in any case, that was the last Übers set I intended to post in this thread anyway.

Dragonite has Multiscale, Roost, Thunder, different stats, and is of different typing, so I don't see how Tornadus-T "outclasses" it. But I use that Dragonite set in a team that also has Tornadus-T in it anyway, so even if one did "outclass" the other, it wouldn't matter. Together, I think the Dragonite I just posted as well as this following Tornadus-T make an excellent offensive core in the rain, especially since Flying is one of the best offensive types in existence:

641-therian.gif

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Superpower
- U-turn

oh well ok then! haha

But i meant that Tornadus-T outclasses Dragonite on the set you were using.
And i would use Hidden Power [Ice] > U-Turn as it helps vs thing like Thundurus-T, Gliscor, and other dragons outside of rain. I guess that's kinda one downfall about your Dragonite set.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Well, I was saying that Tornadus-T doesn't outclass the Dragonite set I posted, because that Dragonite has Multiscale and knows both Roost and Thunder, all of which Tornadus-T lacks, and the two of them also have different stats and typing.

Ayway, Hidden Power [Ice] on Tornadus-T could be good. I personally wouldn't replace U-turn though, as I personally believe that the ability to abuse that move alongside Regenerator is one of Tornadus-T's greatest powers.

Ilan

Actually Swinub gets ice shard as a level up move so it is perfectly legal to have ice shard on a thick fat mamoswine since dw swinub is released.

When?

subtitute+ U-turn is counterproductive.. subtitute is for staying U-turn is for switching..

here is a set I use since I don't use rain it is kinda weird.. I didn't find a good flying STAB (I wish he just had brave bird...)

Tornadus-T @flying gem
252 attack, 252 speed, 4 Def
Adamant
Regenerator
-Acrobatics
-Superpower
-U-turn
-Taunt

Acrobatics is a strong STAB and his strongest attack super power is a great coverage move flying+ fighting is a really good coverage, U-turn works well with Regenerator and taunt... is a filler he is fast enough to abuse it.

Landorus-T @leftovers (cuz he is strong enough)
Intimidate
Adamant
252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
-Rock polish
-Swords dance
-Earthquake
-Stone edge

I like this type of set double booster landorus, SD for walls rock polish for sweepers, earthquake for STAB stone edge for coverage.

Ditto @ choice scarf
Hardy
Impostor
252 Hp
IV- hidden power rock none HP lowering IVs
-Transform

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
i actually agree, substitute mucking down it's hp is counter productive, unless you plan on never being hit by an attack ever :|

Klaus™

Banned
i have to agree with R. on most pokes, its folly. but do to regenerator, it gains all hp back, can present a threat when in a sub, and when faced with something it can't beat, leaves. ive tried it and it works.

and i agree on brave bird. its a bird. it should be able to get it trollfreak.

on that subject, why chatot no get brave bird :/

Well, I was saying that Tornadus-T doesn't outclass the Dragonite set I posted, because that Dragonite has Multiscale and knows both Roost and Thunder, all of which Tornadus-T lacks, and the two of them also have different stats and typing.

Ayway, Hidden Power [Ice] on Tornadus-T could be good. I personally wouldn't replace U-turn though, as I personally believe that the ability to abuse that move alongside Regenerator is one of Tornadus-T's greatest powers.
Tornadus-T has the larget Special Attack, which is the kind of Dragonite you are using. But whatever.

I personally like HP Ice because it hits stuff Hurricane can't hit outside of Rain like I said before, Gliscor, Thundurus-T, and Dragons. Don't even need U-Turn when you can simply just switch out.

Here's a list of the new threats and their respective counters. This is just based on my common sense, so it might not be 100% accurate.

Standard 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD Multiscale Lugia > Max Attack Kyurem-B @ Life Orb (neutral nature) - With Lugia now having Multiscale, its defenses are ridiculously hard to break when at full health. Kyurem-B is one of the few things that can get past Lugia's new ability, thanks to Teravolt, and 2HKO with Fusion Bolt. It also takes only 22-26% from Ice Beam, assuming Lugia is not running a hindering nature. Of course, Lugia can just Roost off the damage, but that's why nothing can really OHKO Lugia. The only thing that I've seen that can OHKO that Lugia at full health is max Special Attack positive-nature Kyurem-W with Blizzard. Even then there's only a 48% chance to OHKO. Therefore, Stealth Rock is recommended.

Standard 248 HP / 0 Def / 84 SpD Regenerator Ho-Oh (Tank) > Calm Mind Rock Arceus (at least 72 SpA EVs without a boost) - Despite Ho-Oh's new ability, Rock Arceus is still it's biggest threat. It can come in on Brave Bird or Sacred Fire, and doesn't really care about being burned if it carries Refresh, and OHKOs with Judgement. It still will have trouble with Choice Scarf sets though.

238 Atk / 22 SpA / 252 Spe Kyurem-B (Possibly the standard) > Terrakion (any fast variant) - Terrakion is faster than any variant of Kyurem with a Choice Scarf, and OHKOs with Close Combat. It will have trouble switching in though.

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Kyurem-W > Terrakion One again, Terrakion wins the best counter award to Kyurem. It's actually easier for Terrakion to be able to switch into Kyurem-W, as it can easily take Fusion Flare and OHKO with one of its STABs.

Phoopes

There it is.
. The only thing that I've seen that can OHKO that Lugia at full health is max Special Attack positive-nature Kyurem-W with Blizzard. Even then there's only a 48% chance to OHKO. Therefore, Stealth Rock is recommended.

Well, the Choice Specs set can easily get a guaranteed OHKO with Blizzard easily, even with a Timid nature. You don't even need 252 EV's in Special Attack either. I still agree with you about Stealth Rock though.

Ilan

So now we have a full power thick fat mamoswine without draw backs.. which means thick fat will now be standard and momoswine will be not weak to fire anymore and resist ice cool.. now he can tank boltbeam users like jolteon better and still use the same movesets as the normal one.

Kingdra and Mamoswine are ridiculously anti-metagame right now. Mamoswine's STAB Ice Shard is even more important now with Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, and Haxorus being so popular, and it finds a lot more room to do its thing with Thick Fat legality issues being removed. Kindgra also does a number on these new and popular Rain teams, hitting pretty much everything ridiculously hard between Rain-boosted Hydro Pump and its Dragon STAB. Rain SubCM Jirachi is also really annoying, so I've found that running Gastrodon with Earthquake > Earth Power is pretty useful. Not only does it shut down SubCM Rachi very well, but it also makes a decent check for stuff like Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
635.gif

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Superpower

A Hydreigon with the ability to easily destroy Tyranitar, Heatran, Chansey, Blissey and Porygon2, five Pokémon which normally give it a lot of trouble, and Roost grants this Hydreigon great survivability. It is an excellent wall breaker.