• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dealing With Defensive Types! (576)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
How would it be unoriginal? Someone else have a Chimchar evolve on Iron Island that I didn't hear about?

What i mean is the method would be unoriginal, think about it.

Starly evolved to Staravia at a completely random time.
Gligar evolved to Gliscor via an item.
Turtwig evolved battling Paul which counts as an opposing trainer therefore if
Chimchar evolves against Riley it will be boring as Turtwig already evolved that way.

I digress though as i need to review the episode.

Byron's abit of a psyco with that shovel of his, i have to agree with gravy about him and crasher being in a wrestling match sometime in the future.

Edit:Heh, someone ought to make a poll on that.

Chimchar was very impressive, i liked how it used Flame Wheel on Steelix's head mostly, and Bronzor using Rain Dance was unique as well.

Buizel's reaction before fainting made me nearly die laughing, i mean talk about being pwned, that was the ultimate pwn so far in any gym battle ever.

Gliscor also did very well, but i'm kinda suprised that fire fang can explode like that, not to mention Bastiodon hardly looked hurt at all before it fainted but that's a defender for you.

Overall this gym was as good as the last one was, let's hope they keep up the action.

Last edited:

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
God, I'm going to miss Byron. Never has a gym leader been such a wonderful blend of both the epic and the psychotic. Him and Wake need to meet, preferably in a cage match, armed with metal chairs, shovels and terrible acting skills.
How legendary would that be?

Also, the scorpion's wink-and-tongue pose is back.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Can't wait to watch it! Gliscor being the star, defeating Bastiodon, Buizel LOSING! All makes up what sounds like a perfect episode. Can't wait.

JUST WAIT TILL Jun HEAR ABOUT ASH WON HIS 6TH BADGE WHEN HE GET TO Iron Island.

Last edited by a moderator:

magicallypuzzled

hmm cann't believe i am saying this but all the anti- buizel fans aren't being as vicious as i thought they would be. which allows me to admit though i love buizel and his great attitude seeing him get pwn was just funny and believeable as gravy said it looked like it hurt alot physically. chimchar was awesme and so was gliscor only tinny bad spot is gliscar seemed to take alot more punishment then when he fought jun. i mean this guy was getting his butt handed to him for atleast a couple minutes i really think he should of fainted reallistically speaking. he took at least one flash cannon and three iron heads and i am pretty sure he got slammed into the ground a couple times.

gliscar looked like he was on the ropes then we see ash giving him encouragement and he suddenly doesn't look hurt at all and ready to take a beating (which he does) proof that not only does return work differently then it does in the games but that gliscar knows it.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
Wow, Merry Christmas to me. Buizel got the hardest beating it ever got, and Lord knows that ugly piece of crap deserved it.

I'm so glad Gliscor was the star in this fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Watching the episode, I'm wondering how Roark reacted when he saw that Chimchar was in Ash's command...

Oh, wow...Buizel did get owned...massacred, even. :( I feel sorry for the guy now.

Chimchar is one tenatious, acrobatic little mofo, huh?

That was pretty clever, the way Ash used Dig's holes to stop Steelix from attacking.

And BOOM! Flame Wheel. That guy has got to be tired of taking fire to the face all the time...

Was that Flash Cannon or Metal Burst that Bastiodon used when it deflected Chimmy's Flamethrower?

And Gliscor finally pwns. Happy Hollidays, folks! XD

Last edited:
Just watched the episode, and IMHO it was really good! One of the best gym battles for ages! Know why? Buizel lost in under 3 minutes! HOORAY!

But I think that the star of this episode has to be the badass Kabuto! Seriously, it's got to be the hardest thing we've seen in ages!

And Gliscor FINALLY gets a Gym Battle! And wins! And to top it all off, Pokemon Symphonic Melody actually fit the scene it was in for the first time in...Ever!

All in all a really good episode. And if that Steelix doesn't appear on the next series of X-Factor I'll eat my own hat!

...now to buy a hat.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
So guys, what are the monetary and social benefits of joining the Anti-Buizel Movement? As in, do I get some sort of tax rebate or movie coupons or maybe even my name in a raffle for a free flight to Tahiti? I assume that all comes after signing away my free will of thinking on the initial contract, but would I at least get a complimentary keychain by merely checking out the booth?

(LILEEP appeared in this? That increases its anime grand total screentime to what now? THREE seconds?)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Before i post my opinion about the episode and the buizel pawnage i have something to say. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I knew it. For all of you people saying ash will lose im wrong go take that answer and be ashamed. *cough*Anyway this was quite an intresting battle. Hopefully this means that a lot of things with galactic can start moving and the show gets finished.

dman_dustin

Watching the episode, I'm wondering how Roark reacted when he saw that Chimchar was in Ash's command...

I actually think there was a comment. Roark looked really shocked to see Ash with Chimchar and I don't remember is Ash said "Shinji" at all but it did look like Roark knew that that it was the same Chimchar.

Squaaah

All of Ash's pokemon look happy and proud in the gym win shot regardless of rather they get a gym win or not because they are collectively happy that the team got the badge. And of course he wasn't gonna go with Pikachu or Grotle this battle, have you not noticed that this series hes actually picking his pokemon based on type.

Well, actually, Bastiodon is part rock type, which means fire attacks are neutral against it, same as grass and electric attacks, and most of Gliscors attacks dont do much damage agasint steel or rock types. So really, Ash would have been better using Pikachu (due to Gliscor having to rely on firefang for the whole battle to cause damage, whereas Pikachu could use all its electric attacks), and Grotle might not have done too badly either (although Bastiodon DId have flamethrower so really Grotle is about as useful as Gliscor in this battle).

Either way, im still very glad Gliscor got an actual battle. It did awesomly. The rest of the battle was enjoyable, if not a bit predictable from the preview.

Although i have to admit, Buizel should not have been in this gym battle. Ash spams Buizel because its "powerful" yet it hasn't really shown much proof of it. It would have been better to show Pikachu or Staravia (or even Grotle) getting pwned then Buizel. It just seemed like they used Buizel for the sake of using it.

However, it was very nice to see the Kanto fossil pokemon again.

Torpoleon

Just watched the episode, and IMHO it was really good! One of the best gym battles for ages! Know why? Buizel lost in under 3 minutes! HOORAY!

But I think that the star of this episode has to be the badass Kabuto! Seriously, it's got to be the hardest thing we've seen in ages!

And Gliscor FINALLY gets a Gym Battle! And wins! And to top it all off, Pokemon Symphonic Melody actually fit the scene it was in for the first time in...Ever!

All in all a really good episode. And if that Steelix doesn't appear on the next series of X-Factor I'll eat my own hat!

...now to buy a hat.
I can't believe that Buizel lost in 3 minutes. Chimchar shuld hav evolved to make the match even better. I agree that it is awesome that Gliscor finally cmpetes in a gym battle.

dman_dustin

Although i have to admit, Buizel should not have been in this gym battle. Ash spams Buizel because its "powerful" yet it hasn't really shown much proof of it. It would have been better to show Pikachu or Staravia (or even Grotle) getting pwned then Buizel. It just seemed like they used Buizel for the sake of using it.

As people have said before in other threads, no they didn't use Buizel just to use Buizel. It had a type advantage.

Squaaah

As people have said before in other threads, no they didn't use Buizel just to use Buizel. It had a type advantage.

Its not as if the writers have ALWAYS gone by type advantage, they can let it slide once or twice to give us a break. But apparantly not.

Its not as if the writers have ALWAYS gone by type advantage, they can let it slide once or twice to give us a break. But apparantly not.

Well, god forbid the writers make it so Ash actually show some measure of competence in taking advantage of typing. What would you have preferred? Him using Staravia or Grotle just to see them get their butts kicked?

Squaaah

Well, god forbid the writers make it so Ash actually show some measure of competence in taking advantage of typing. What would you have preferred? Him using Staravia or Grotle just to see them get their butts kicked?

...Yeah to be honest. I wanna see them again! And I actually wanna see Grotle in a battle. And really Ash isnt using his head THAT much. He used Buizel isntead of Staravia agaisnt Fantina. If he'd used Staravia in the Fanina battle I wouldn't be so bored of Buizel. I miss the good old days of Ash using pokemon that dont necessarily have the advantage strutting their stuff a bit.

shac

Just watched the episode. My impressions-

1. So, screech is officially an offensive move now, huh? and it hurts pretty bad by the looks of it.
2. So many potential moments to kick in the super-blaze of the lil' chimmy, but lost in vain........the writers bring stuff as they please, not cool!
3. Buizel must have been mightily de-powered to have lost to just screech and iron-tail. Maybe its defense is wayyyyy lower than its sp. defense since it can take quite a few aura-sphere(was it?) and still stand its ground.....must check...
4. OK. Gliscor is officially the coolest pokemon in Ash's team right now, IMO. And its wink is just adorable.........why did they have to give Paul one too?.....I am just so selfish about it right now.
5. Its always good to see revived fossils as caretakers.......that mad Kabutops was just hilarious!!
6. At the end of the episode it does not really help to feel that the writers were biased on Ash's side, even it was in the tiniest possible way..........but who cares, Chimmy rocked, gliscor pawned.....that's all that matters right now!