• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dealing With Defensive Types! (576)

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
All and all I loved this Gym battle. Chimchar took down Bronzor and Steelix ( Poor Gym Steelix, always being taken down by small fire breathing mammals) And not only did Gliscor get used in her first Gym battle, but she totally rocked it. I loved the part when she went rodeo style on Bastiodon and then bit it with Fire Fang.

The only thing that peeved me with the episode was TR. I mean was it really necessary to have to see them doing something bathed in stupid every time that a pokemon fainted. I mean last Gym they did something productive, this time, they were just there to be annoying and break up the action

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
This is an Impressive Gym Battle.

wow, when Chimchar used Flame wheel on Steelix's face, it was the best part. Chimchar battle style is awesome and 4 wins in a row prove that Chimchar is stronge.

I love steelix victory against Buizel even it was a short.

Gliscor win surprised me but it was great to watch a battle like that.

Am I the only one who think Byron's Design is unique and likeable?,
the best Design + awesome personality= the Best Gym Leader in the pokemon world.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
First Gliscor win ebar. Epic. Buizel pwned by my favourite Pokémon. EPIC WIN.

In short, wonderful Gym Battle, and good to see that Buizel has a hard time against certain opponents.

uber gon

Accept Change
What did Metal Burst look like in this episode?

Torpoleon

All and all I loved this Gym battle. Chimchar took down Bronzor and Steelix ( Poor Gym Steelix, always being taken down by small fire breathing mammals) And not only did Gliscor get used in her first Gym battle, but she totally rocked it. I loved the part when she went rodeo style on Bastiodon and then bit it with Fire Fang.

The only thing that peeved me with the episode was TR. I mean was it really necessary to have to see them doing something bathed in stupid every time that a pokemon fainted. I mean last Gym they did something productive, this time, they were just there to be annoying and break up the action
TR's appearnace in the last gym was pretty cool. Since when was Gliscor a girl? I always thought it was a boy.
This is an Impressive Gym Battle.

wow, when Chimchar used Flame wheel on Steelix's face, it was the best part. Chimchar battle style is awesome and 4 wins in a row prove that Chimchar is stronge.

I love steelix victory against Buizel even it was a short.

Gliscor win surprised me but it was great to watch a battle like that.

Am I the only one who think Byron's Design is unique and likeable?,
the best Design + awesome personality= the Best Gym Leader in the pokemon world.
Chimchar had 1 win in Veilstone and 1 in Hearthome followed by Canalave. Chimchar might have 4 wins lain a row later but that is for the 7th and 8h gyms.

Squaaah

Chimchar had 1 win in Veilstone and 1 in Hearthome followed by Canalave. Chimchar might have 4 wins lain a row later but that is for the 7th and 8h gyms.

Chimchar didn't actually get the win in Veilstone, it got pretty badly beaten, and got saved by Staravia. I think BirdStaraptor meant it took down two of Fantina's pokemon and two of Byrons pokemon, without fainting (technically) inbetween.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master

no, Chimchar had 2 in Hearthome and 2 in Canalave, he didn't win any battle in Veilstone.

Last edited:

firelovindocker

just watched it
wow chimmy took some beating from all 3
buizel really sucked
gliscor did well too
oh and roark umpires

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
POCKET MONSTERS - HOLIDAY HIJINX EDITION
Filled with holiday cheer, friendly faces, and random references to Mother 3.

- New episode on Christmas? What about family togetherness? Granted, this is Japan we're talking about, and Japanese kids are robots who were born in a factory, thus not having families.
- Byron sends out Bronzor! Since it's not yet Bronzong, it can only fire cannons from its FACE.
- Roark is completely oblivious to Salsa now being in loving company.
- Chimchar heats things up by turning on the fireplace. Good place for roasting Bronzor's chestnuts.
- Ah, Steelix. Now THERE'S a jolly face I love seeing every year. The guy's always smiling, even when in searing pain. Gotta love it.
- Buizel's here! Time to go caroling! Lots of great classics to choose from, including Jingle Bells, Snowman, and the Freezeezy Peak theme.
- Steelix sings like a girl when using Screech while caroling. Oh, Little Town of Overused Pokemon...
- Steelix's face just caused an explosion. It's not truly Christmas until something goes up in smoke.
- And heeeeeere's Dr. Drywall! I'm glad this thing's gone after this. I'm tired of making up names for it.
- Meanwhile, Team Rocket sneaks into the chimera lab, as Jessie is rather ticked at how she didn't get a Parental Kangashark pet for a holiday gift.
- And of course, they make the horrible mistake of touching the escaped chimera. It's okay. We all tried doing that.
- Gliscor got a little too eager to devour those Red Hots he found in his stocking.
- I just noticed that Byron wears a bracelet. For a good cause, no doubt. Shovel injury awareness.
- Gliscor: "Kewlies! You got me a new bike shaped like a Bastiodon!"
- And of course, Ash gets his limited edition collector's Franklin Badge. But since he took it out of the case, it's no longer mint-condition, thereby diminishing its value to completely worthless. At least it repels lightning.

Good battle. The only one I haven't liked this saga was Wake's, and while I didn't like Ash's victory match against Roark, both the losing battle and Paul's fight more than made up for it. Byron needs a future appearance, however. Along with Wake, they both have some untapped wackiness.

Torpoleon

no, Chimchar had 2 in Hearthome and 2 in Canalave, he didn't win any battle in Veilstone.
Oh yeah. Chimchar somewhat easily beat 2 in those 2 gyms.

Chimchar didn't actually get the win in Veilstone, it got pretty badly beaten, and got saved by Staravia. I think BirdStaraptor meant it took down two of Fantina's pokemon and two of Byrons pokemon, without fainting (technically) inbetween.
Whoops! My bad. I did not realize.

HoennMaster

For those of you who don't know your fossil pokémon yet, that was Cradily, not Lileep.

Overall this was a great Gym Battle. Surprisly Chimchar's battle with Bronzor was entertaining. I didn't realize Chimchar was capable of standing still in mid-air! Also, did Bronzor use Rain Dance? I'm confused on how it only rained for like a minute, and how could steam alone cause it (unless I'm even worse at how weather works then I thought)?

Steelix sounds like it ate a child and its Screech is the child begging for help, not kidding. Gliscor's battle was funny and great all at the same time. A little over use of Fire Fang, but not expected. I'm glad Gliscor was star of it's first gym battle. Ash just got his last badge six episodes ago, this makes six, and in less then 10 episodes we will be on the snow routes, so now things are speeding up slightly.

What did Metal Burst look like in this episode?

I believe it looked lie Ancientpower, just pure white though.

Watching the episode, I'm wondering how Roark reacted when he saw that Chimchar was in Ash's command...

Well, Ash did mention Paul, but my Japanese is limited so I don't know much either.

Squaaah

Good battle. The only one I haven't liked this saga was Wake's, and while I didn't like Ash's victory match against Roark, both the losing battle and Paul's fight more than made up for it. Byron needs a future appearance, however. Along with Wake, they both have some untapped wackiness.

Is it me, or are they leeping the wackiest gym leaders down to a minimum! I mean, Roark is fairly generic decent gym leader and got 6 eps, but Wake and Byron seem completely insane and only have 2 each!

I suppose you could say Gardenia has her wacky moments, and she got all 4, but still, id like to see more Byron and Wake.

mystkmastkal

I really liked this epsidoe, it's probably my favorite gym battle as of right now for the sinnoh league. Im confused as well how Bronzor created the steam cloud? w/e.

I thought it was pretty ironic that even though buizel had the type advantage, it got knocked out in under 30 seconds.

and I really liked Gliscors vampire like Fire fang attack, at first I was dissapointed about how it looked but when it comes into contact with something then it exploads... that was pretty cool.

TeddiUrsa

- Roark is completely oblivious to Salsa now being in loving company.

I see what you did there! And it is surprisingly fitting...Salsa and Hiko have a lot in common...being tortured by a mean, heartless prick in the past and fighting alongside some happy grinning kid in its pre-teens now....Nozomi makes an awfully unsexy Kumatora as well...mh...

I guess my next Hikozaru will be nicknamed Salsa...

Anyway, great episode. Finally Gliscor gets its first big victory against the powerhouse of the gymleader...You make daddy proud,Skorgro...you really do... *wipes tears away*

Everything else has been said so many times by the local suspects that I won´t spend my time saying it again.

Oh, one thing. I really liked that Hiko, Buoysel and the mirror-guy fainted without the funny-eyes. should be done more ofter if you ask me.

I really hope Frankey Tougan makes a reappearance later on...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
For those of you who don't know your fossil pokémon yet, that was Cradily, not Lileep.
It's not like either have done anything of remote importance in this series, so I'm not gonna blame anyone for forgetting.
and I really liked Gliscors vampire like Fire fang attack, at first I was dissapointed about how it looked but when it comes into contact with something then it exploads... that was pretty cool.
Yeah, an attack in Pocket Monsters isn't officially cool until it EXPLODES. Hence why I have such respect for Take Down now.
Nozomi makes an awfully unsexy Kumatora as well...mh...
Well, she is a tomboy who has demonic psychic abilities, after all.

...Crap, now I have images of Takeshi performing "Takeshi's Paradise" to open mysterious doors, Ash's immortality being due to him carrying around Harley's memento, and of course, all those crazy fan sprite fusions like Reconstructed Luxray, Muku.DONPHAN, and Parental Kangarpedo.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
When Ash sent Gliscor out, did I hear Dawn comment about Staravia? I thought I did.

This was easily my favorite gym battle in Sinnoh, and maybe even ever.

I felt awful for Buizel though. Too bad the writers didn't have Ash use Noctowl's strategy on Steelix (from its capture episode...heat up metal then rapidly cool it). That would have been something. But boy did Buizel get punished pretty badly!

Chimchar rocked against Bronzor. I'm glad it's getting more wins. I have to say though I felt its battle with Steelix was a bit too long. I kinda wished there was more time for Gliscor. Oh well. That was probably my only complaint.

Gliscor, oh Gliscor. My how you've matured from a fearful little Gligar. You freaking kicked ***! Screech could have been used, but I really don't think it would have made any difference to be honest. Bastiodon is a wall...almost literally. I don't think a loud scream would have done much but disrupt an attack. And the sand attack at the end was brilliant.

And yah, Byron was a bit psychotic with his shovel.

shon_taylor

ican has cheezburger
Man, I was really hoping that Jessie was going to get another contest win since Ash & Co. were busy with the gym!

Oh well, regardless still a very nice looking gym battle.
Love that Gliscor beat Bastiodon and not Chimchar.