• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dealing With Defensive Types! (576)

Littlemyuu

Hmm, it was a nice gym battle, cool to see that Ash won ^^

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think I may have liked Team Rocket's antics with the fridge and Fossil Pokemon here more than the actual Gym battle. Anyway, Chimchar vs. Bronzor was at least interesting due to Bronzor's strong Gyro Ball attack, and Byron's Steelix using Roark's Onix's Screech strategy was a nice callback to the Oreburgh Gym battle. Poor Buizel though.

phanpycross

God-king
Gotta say, this was one of the better gyms of the DP saga, and that's saying a lot given how good most of them are.

I thought Gliscor vs. bastiodon was a superb final match-up, and chimchar really ot to shine during the rest of it. only issue was buizel getting owned pretty badly, but after having starring two gyms, and taking down one vs. Fantina, it was kinda understandable.

8/10.

JudySpell

Banned
I wish Chimchar had taken Bastiodon down instead but whatever. The Gym match was decent and I liked the TRio's fossil Pokemon struggles. 7/10

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
My only problem with this gym battle was Buizel losing without getting a win but other than that it was great.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how the fossil pokemon kept blasting Team Rocket off ha ha. Chimchar impressed me when he won against Bronzor and Steelix, plus I liked how Byron copied Roark's Screech strategy as well.

This was a good Gym mostly because we got to see Gliscor's Fire Fang come in handy, which was the best part. Byron seemed way too hyper though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Chimchar should have finished off Steelix with Flamethrower because don't Steelix have high defense anyway? I wish that it was Gliscor taking Chimchar's place and Chimchar taking Gliscor's place. Gliscor needed more than one Gym win.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This was a good Gym mostly because we got to see Gliscor's Fire Fang come in handy, which was the best part. Byron seemed way too hyper though.

Yup he was, tho he was also acting really energetically from the moment he was introduced hee hee. His extra enthusiasm here was likely due to his excitement over the battle, so it was understandable.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Mio Gym match wasn't as amazing as the previous Shinou Gyms, yet it was decent on its own merits. Tougan was amusing as usual, and I liked seeing Dohmirror battle since so far the species hadn't done much. Glion was impressive as well due to Fire Fang.

Daizy

I call you honey
This was an average Gym battle. The fights weren't quite as good as previous battles, with Buizel going down too fast, Chimchar enduring for so long and Gliscor winning when Bastiodon had barely been scratched.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hikozaru's type advantage came in handy at the Mio Gym, although I do wonder now why with his phenomenal showing here he didn't simply evolve at the climax of the Gym match.

Daizy

I call you honey
Hikozaru's type advantage came in handy at the Mio Gym, although I do wonder now why with his phenomenal showing here he didn't simply evolve at the climax of the Gym match.

Chimchar evolving now would've been way too soon since Ash didn't need a Fighting type until later. He rocked the Canalave gym without needing to evolve any ways.