• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dealing With Defensive Types! (576)

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Personally, Chimchar should have finished off Steelix with Flamethrower because don't Steelixs have loads of defense? I wish that it was Gliscor taking Chimchar's place and Chimchar taking Gliscor's place. Gliscor needs more than one gym win and the 7th gym did not help it at all.

Hopefully Gliscor will shine in Ash's gym battle vs Volkner.

Torpoleon

Yep. he never said "I Love Bronzor!". He probably favors Steelix and Bastiodoen over Bronzor. Steelix and Bastiodoen do seem stronger then Bronzor. Bronzor was pretty impressive when it VSed Chimchar so it gets an A for effort.

HoennMaster

Bleh, he said I love so many times it is hard to keep track.

Torpoleon

This has got to be the best Sinnoh gym battle yet. Gliscor was really good for a rookie.
Yeah and Buizel did horribly for a veteran. Chimchar did great for a veteran. Pretty ironic how this will be Buizel's last Sinnoh Gym battle unless if Ash VS Volkner is 6 Pokemon. I think it is ironic because it lost in under 3 minutes with out dealing any damage. It lost to Screech, Bind and Iron Tail, in that order.

Torpoleon

And I love the part where it faints. Love it.
Me too. Always after taking a lot of daamge fron an attack and being hurt badly, it stands for a little before fainting. Other times include in the Tag Battle and in the Veilstone Gym battle.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
It's pretty interesting how Ash's team is developing its style. For Buizel and Chimchar I believe it's already set in stone.

If you notice Buizel's tactics, the guy rarely depends on evading (last I heard of it was against Lucario, but it was a mandatory insert for such a close range battle). With those wee man footers, how could it run/jump out of anything? So Buizel depends on Aqua Jet as if it were a Segway, quite pitiful. If Wake's Floatsel was any indication, this won't change at all and Buizel will elbow block some attacks, spray water at others, and just take a lot of pain. Occasionally it might jet out of big explosions. But once that's out, he's clear for a beating. And because his flippers (e_e) were either covering his ears, or flailing in the air, Buizel couldn't get into position to jet off. Being completely open to a Steelix COMBO just made a bad day to go swimming.

Chimchar did flips around Bind with Steelix as its playground, like three times (??!) Gliscor may have not been a part of that, but even he got to dodge some beams. It's a little breathtaking to absorb just how much they're broadening. The first half of last season, I treated Buizel and Chimchar as the USE ELEMENTAL BEAM, THEN SLAM INTO YOU folks.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
I really liked this battle. Buizel going down really quickly was a bit odd since it was hyped up to be such a strong Pokémon but I guess that it's okay if it doesn't happen that often. Chimchar taking out Steelix and Bronzor was a nice addition since it needs to battle a little more. The real star of the match was Gliscor though. It's match against Bastiodon was really well done in my opinion and it was a great way to see it in it's very first gym battle.

Torpoleon

I really liked this battle. Buizel going down really quickly was a bit odd since it was hyped up to be such a strong Pokémon but I guess that it's okay if it doesn't happen that often. Chimchar taking out Steelix and Bronzor was a nice addition since it needs to battle a little more. The real star of the match was Gliscor though. It's match against Bastiodon was really well done in my opinion and it was a great way to see it in it's very first gym battle.
Buizel was probably oer confident about winning and beating a Pokemon it had an advatage over in a gym battle. Ironically, this is the first time Buizel VSed a Pokemon in a gym battle where its moves were super effective. Actually, both Chimchar and Gliscor starred. In a three on three gym battle when one Pokemon KOs the 2 weaker Pokemon (which Chimchar did) and when another Pokemon KOs the strongest Pokemon (which Gliscor did), they would star.

Rebeccag

Good gym battle but surprised how Buizei lostquite quickly, Was great however how Chimchar did well and espiaclly pleased for Gliscar as it looked as he might lose but recovered quickly and won ^_^. Liked how Brock stuck up for Gliscar as well that was quite nice. Looking forward to the next gym battle as well against Candice

waqzy

DESTROY ALL HUMANS!!
I love the sound steelix makes when it was using screech, awsome!

The battle was instent great and hard! :D
I kinda think steelix's screech sounded unfare for ash. Steelix could of screeched all ash's pokemon! Ether That or Buizel boring. On top of that, whats with Byron muscle showing and the explosion! Byron saying "I love defense!", "I Love Fossils!", "I Love Bronzor!", "I love Steelix", "I love Bastiodon!". I Find it funny. Know wonder hes my fav gym leader. :p
Anyway thats Gliscor's first gym battle and SHES kanda funny!(Everyone was saying Ash's Gliscor is a female)
Bastiodon is kanda taugh and Gliscor kicked butt! Ash has now got 6 badges. Nice episode ever!

As Captain Falcon says: "Show me your moves!"
http://i44.*******.com/ml48ro.jpg

Indy

WAT
Is it me.. or does Byron's English voice remind me of Macho Man Randy Savvage? Overall, it was a great episode.

Lol, this was the first gym battle I've watched in a long time. I saw part of Ash v. Roark, and before that...I think I watched Ash's battle with Norman. : D

Even though I'm not actually interested in watching battles, this was pretty interesting. It was nice to see Byron acting manly and flexing his muscles, after the prior episode where we saw his weird, sensitive side.

Overall, Byron is my favorite gym leader in Sinnoh (taking the place of Roark, lol). I really loved the character development that we saw for both of them during these part two episodes.