• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dear Liepard, [one-shot]

This is a sequel to a one-shot I wrote back in 2016 called Dear Purrloin,. You don’t have to read that to get what’s going on here, but I appreciate it if you do!

In any case, this is set in the story of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, and it deals with one of the bigger subplots of the game. Throughout the story, Hugh’s motive is to get back his sister’s Purrloin that was stolen by Team Plasma five years before he leaves for his own journey. Spoiler alert, he gets it back in the climax of the story, but evolved as a Liepard and pretty heavily changed from who it was prior to being stolen.

So I wanted to explore how his sister dealt with that change with this one-shot, taking the same form of written letters as its prequel.

Special thanks to Negrek, NovaBrunswick, and Dragonfree for helping me with some cat-related questions in Discord! And thank you for clicking this thread and reading. I hope you enjoy it! :)

Dear Liepard,

Dear Purrloin,

Sorry, no.

Dear Liepard,

I’m so, so happy you’ve returned.

I couldn’t stop crying when I saw you again. It’s been so long! I wanted to tell you so many things, everything I wrote to you back then, everything that’s happened in the past six years while you were gone.

And I really, really wanted to hug you.

When Hugh left for his journey a year ago, he promised me that he’ll only come back when he found you. I always knew my brother was strong, even stronger than Mr. Cheren. But he said he not only had Mr. Cheren by his side when he found you, but Champion Nate too! And they all saved you from those mean thieves!

I didn’t expect you to be a Liepard after all these years, but I just knew it was you! Sure, you don’t look like the Purrloin I knew from six years ago, but you still have those big green eyes and nice purple fur. You even have some spots now that look really good on you!

And hey, we’ve both changed, right? I was only five years old when you… when I lost you, and now I’m eleven. So we both evolved and became bigger and stronger, but I’m still the same Hazel you know and you’re still the same Purrloin I know!

But I’m really happy to see you, evolved or not!

...I just wish you were happy to see me, too.

Hugh keeps telling me that you are happy to see me, that you’re happy to be with your original trainer. But when he first called you out of your Poke Ball, the way you looked at me, the way you growled at me…

It was really scary.

Hugh told me that he felt that way too when he first saw you, when the mean thief returned you. He said that he couldn’t bear to call you out of your Poke Ball until yesterday, when he came home.

I tried to hug you, I really did, but you made this really scary sound when I tried approaching you. When I showed you your favorite paper bag, you growled at it too, and it looked like you wanted to shred it. And when I tried to give you some food, you looked like you wanted to attack me.

But you didn’t want to attack me, right?

...Right?

Dad said that you need time to heal after being away for six years. And that being used by a thief must have been really hard for you.

But until then, Mom said that I should try my best to make you feel better, that I should try my best to make you remember all the good things, that I should try my best to make you happy again.

And I will. I really will try my best.

I know you won’t be able to read this letter, and I know you won’t know what I’m saying when I read it to you.

But I’m really happy you’re back, Purr Liepard.

I missed you.

Love,

Hazel

Dear Liepard,

How are you?

I asked Mr. Cheren about what I can do to make you feel better, and he even asked Professor Juniper and his friends for some tips. And one of the things he told me to do was to always talk to you and ask how you’re doing.

So, how are you?

I know, I know, you won’t read this letter, but I’m practicing how to approach you so that I can do it better. And when I read that last letter to you, you made this soft, meowing sound that really made me smile. Even if it was just you falling asleep, it was nice to see you be calm and peaceful.

My classmates at the Trainers’ School who have their own Purrloin or Glameow or Meowth all told me to try using toys and playing with you, which is why you’ve been seeing me with all those art supplies.

I know you don’t like the rod with the Raticate doll on it, so I’ve thrown it away, promise. I don’t want you crying and freaking out like that again.

But you seem to like the ball of yarn, so I’ll make more of that! Which colors do you like? I made it purple and green so it matches your skin and eyes.

One of my classmates said that she meows to her Meowth all the time, and her Meowth meows back like they’re talking to each other. I’m still trying to get my meow just right, not too loud but not too soft, so I hope you like it when I do!

You also like Dad’s laser pointer, right? When I came home that day to all your meows, I wish you saw how big my smile was. You really sounded like how you did six years ago!

I wish I heard more of those sounds than your usual growls...

Whenever you growl at me after I put food in your bowl or when I clean your litter, Mom suggests that I put you back in the Poke Ball so that you won’t feel stressed out.

But I don’t want you inside that Poke Ball anymore. That’s where the thief from Team Plasma kept you all those years, right?

He probably never asked you how you were doing. He probably never played with you or told you stories. He probably just battled with you and stole other Pokemon using you. He probably used you to hurt others and make more people feel sad.

...But you didn’t like doing any of that, right?

No, you’d never be mean to any Pokemon. When you were still a Purrloin, you’d always play with all the Pokemon here in Aspertia. Whether they were other Purrloin out in Route 19 or all the different Pokemon tourists brought to the Lookout, you always enjoyed playing with them or running around them!

Maybe we can do that next time, Liepard?

But only if you want to. If you want to stay inside the house for now, that’s fine. If you want to stick with playing with yarn balls or Dad’s laser pointer, that’s fine, too.

I’ll keep giving you your favorite food, and I’ll keep helping you play with the toys you like. I’ll keep reading you all the books you liked when you were a Purrloin, and I’ll keep writing these letters and reading them to you, so that you know what I think and how I feel.

And I won’t pet you or hug you, since you don’t want me to.

Mr. Cheren says that I’m doing a good job taking care of you, but I still think I can do better. He says that I should take you to walks if I could, but only if you’re ready.

I know you loved taking walks. And I loved walking with you.

I love spending time with you, whatever it is we’re doing.

So let me know when you’re ready, ok?

Love,

Hazel

Dear Liepard,

I knew it! I knew it!

I knew you were a good Pokemon!

The way you attacked that thief’s Pokemon and chased them out of Aspertia… I knew that was the real you!

All the thank you’s from those Alolan tourists, those were all for you! All the good job’s from the police, all the you’re awesome’s from our neighbors… all of that was for you!

I know, I know, you didn’t like how loud it was and how there were so many people. But I’m really glad that you stood firm and you let them give you treats.

And I’m so, so happy you let me pet you to calm you down.

It’s been weeks since Hugh returned, and the first time you let me pet you… I almost cried! And it was in front of so many people…

But I didn’t care. I’ve wanted to pet you for so, so long. I knew all that time I spent with you, all the food I gave you, all the toys I played with you, all the times I tried to meow to you, all the letters I wrote to you… I knew they were all worth it!

I’m so, so thankful that you let me pet you!

Mr. Cheren told me that you’re very strong and that your attacks are really good. He said that the thief’s Krokorok didn’t stand a chance against you! The way you pounced at it and used your claws to attack… it was so cool!

Mr. Cheren also said that with a bit of training, you’ll be a great Pokemon that can beat strong trainers like him.

That’s amazing, Liepard! Mr. Cheren thinks you’re amazing! A Gym Leader thinks you can beat him with a bit more practice!

I know I already said this to you many times after it happened, but thank you for stopping that thief from stealing those tourists’ Pokemon. Thank you for acting quick enough so that the Krokorok wouldn’t escape.

And thank you for letting me command you and your attacks. I know, I’m not a strong trainer like Hugh or Mr. Cheren, but thank you for letting me be your trainer for at least that one battle!

And last but definitely not the least, thank you, thank you, for letting me pet you.

Don’t worry, I won’t pet you if you don’t want me to anymore. But if you do, you bet that I’ll always pet you and hug you and give you all those belly rubs you used to love!

That sounds great, right?

You’re awesome, Liepard! You deserve all the love and the praise!

Love,

Haz—

...Hey, Liepard?

One more thing.

Hugh told me that he’s now helping the old members of Team Plasma in bringing back stolen Pokemon to their trainers, just like how he brought you back to me.

I think that’s amazing, and I want to do that, too.

So I’ve been thinking, and you don’t have to say yes, but…

Liepard, do you want to go on a journey with me?

I know I’m not a strong trainer and that I’m never gonna be as good as Hugh, but after I graduate from Trainers’ School next year, I really want to go on a journey with you!

I know that you’re strong enough to beat any thieves we’ll find, and I know that you’re kind enough to help other trainers with stolen or lost Pokemon. And we’ll go around Unova and meet so many amazing people and Pokemon!

Dad and Mom said they’re okay with it, too. I’ve been meaning to ask you this for a while now, and that’s why I wrote it in this letter so that I could say it better. And if you want to, all you have to do is say yes.

But if you don’t want to, we can always stay here in Aspertia and help people here, too. We can start playing with my classmates in the Trainers’ School, and we can even start getting into more battles if you want to. That also sounds fun!

But just think of how many Pokemon we can help around Unova, and how many people like those tourists that we can cheer up! Think of how much time we’ll get to spend together, and how much stronger you’ll become!

And you and I make a great team, don’t you think?

But whatever you want to do, I’ll always be here with you. Whether that’s going around Unova or playing with your favorite ball of yarn, I’ll always be here with you.

I love you, Liepard.

Love,

Hazel

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
Aw, this is really cute. You have a brilliant knack for taking these tiny little moments or side characters from the games and making a really effective – and affective, for that matter – one-shot out of them. This is no different. It's lovely to see the topic revisited, after your excellent treatment of it in Dear Purrloin, and especially to be reminded that, out of all the pain that Plasma caused, this one story at least had a happy ending. The fact that the reformed Plasma cell was still trying to rehome stolen pokémon a full two years after the events of BW hints at the fact that for most people, there probably wasn't any reunion, at least not any time soon – and of course, there was almost certainly no reunion at all for those talked into liberating their partners. But this story ends happily.

Except not quite, because of course two years and an evolution is a lot of change to deal with, and while I think Hugh's sister is slightly uncertain in the games when she's presented with her liepard, you go a lot further in teasing out how weird and awkward that reunion process would be. As in Dear Purrloin, you do a pretty good job of writing in a child's voice, too. I guess I don't really have much in the way of critique, because this is just nice. You know?

Anyway, here's one tiny typo thing I did notice, in lieu of actual constructive criticism:

I wish I heard more of those sounds than you’re usual growls...

Mr. Cheren told me that you’re very strong and that you’re attacks are really good.

There are a couple of instances where you've got 'you're' for 'your' – given that the grammar is otherwise solid, I'm assuming those are typos rather than in-character mistakes, so to speak.

Aw, this is really cute. You have a brilliant knack for taking these tiny little moments or side characters from the games and making a really effective – and affective, for that matter – one-shot out of them. This is no different. It's lovely to see the topic revisited, after your excellent treatment of it in Dear Purrloin, and especially to be reminded that, out of all the pain that Plasma caused, this one story at least had a happy ending. The fact that the reformed Plasma cell was still trying to rehome stolen pokémon a full two years after the events of BW hints at the fact that for most people, there probably wasn't any reunion, at least not any time soon – and of course, there was almost certainly no reunion at all for those talked into liberating their partners. But this story ends happily.

Except not quite, because of course two years and an evolution is a lot of change to deal with, and while I think Hugh's sister is slightly uncertain in the games when she's presented with her liepard, you go a lot further in teasing out how weird and awkward that reunion process would be. As in Dear Purrloin, you do a pretty good job of writing in a child's voice, too. I guess I don't really have much in the way of critique, because this is just nice. You know?

Ahh how you described the premise is exactly why I love writing it and why I decided to revisit it with this story. Sure this ends on a much happier note than usual, but as you said, exploring the aftermath of Team Plasma's actions is such a rich source of plot.

So I'm glad that this story worked for you! I'm especially happy that you liked Hazel's voice, as I found Hakajin's comment in Dear Purrloin, very helpful and I wanted to improve it with this sequel. And exploring that reunion was something I wanted to do ever since I got to that part of my first Black 2 run, so I'm glad I finally got the chance to do it all these years later!

There are a couple of instances where you've got 'you're' for 'your' – given that the grammar is otherwise solid, I'm assuming those are typos rather than in-character mistakes, so to speak.

Ah, thanks so much for catching that! Will definitely edit it.

And again, thank you very much for the review, Cutlerine! :)

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Aaaa, this was sweet. I think you did a really great job capturing a lot of subtle details in her letters, which of course is essential since you don't have any description to work with. There's that overwhelming joy, with just a slightly forced edge as it's mixed with the realization that the reunion isn't going the way she'd always hoped it was, and the lingering fear that maybe things will never go back to the way they were, but the maturity to realize that it's not about how she feels, it's about how Liepard feels, even if she really wants it to recover from that trauma, not just for its own sake, but for hers too. That was kind of a long, rambly sentence, but my point is, there's a lot of conflicting emotions all mixed together beautifully, and the way they progress throughout the story, as more and more little victories arise here and there, slowly erasing the doubts that still worm their way into her thoughts, it's very natural.

Also this makes me sad that I never finished Black 2, and it's making me want to go back and revisit it! D:

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Aaaa, this was sweet. I think you did a really great job capturing a lot of subtle details in her letters, which of course is essential since you don't have any description to work with. There's that overwhelming joy, with just a slightly forced edge as it's mixed with the realization that the reunion isn't going the way she'd always hoped it was, and the lingering fear that maybe things will never go back to the way they were, but the maturity to realize that it's not about how she feels, it's about how Liepard feels, even if she really wants it to recover from that trauma, not just for its own sake, but for hers too. That was kind of a long, rambly sentence, but my point is, there's a lot of conflicting emotions all mixed together beautifully, and the way they progress throughout the story, as more and more little victories arise here and there, slowly erasing the doubts that still worm their way into her thoughts, it's very natural.

Also this makes me sad that I never finished Black 2, and it's making me want to go back and revisit it! D:

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Thank you very much! I'm glad you thought that all the emotions were handled well, as they were really something I wanted to get just right considering that, like you said, there were quite a lot of them going into each sentence Hazel wrote. Too many times I had to remind myself that this story ends happily, so juggling both her doubts and optimism was fun in a challenging way (or challenging in a fun way? Haha).

And yeeees you should definitely revisit it! Black 2 and White 2 are such great games, not only for story ideas but also for its jam-packed post-game that later generations haven't matched yet. It carries over the good characterization from their prequels too! Thanks again for the comment, Chibi Pika! :)

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
This is really sweet. Fifth Gen is my favorite (alongside Sun/Moon) and I feel it's pretty underappreciated.

I don't think I've ever given it much thought as to how Hazel's Liepard would have reacted once she'd got it back after all those years. I think you hit the nail on the head with 'cattitude' here! I'm not sure how Team Plazma would have treated their stolen pokemon, but they didn't come across as nice people, has to be said. You got across how difficult both emotionally and physically it was for Hazel to bond with Liepard. I'm glad it had a happy ending. If you ever decide to venture to write about her journey, I'll be happy to read that too =D

This is really sweet. Fifth Gen is my favorite (alongside Sun/Moon) and I feel it's pretty underappreciated.

It really is tbh. It’s become my second favorite after 3rd gen, and I think we’re almost at that point in time where it’s becoming nostalgic to a lot of fans (it’s currently focused on the 4th gen with the remake hype but 5th gen would be a better gen to be nostalgic about if we’re being honest ahaha).

I don't think I've ever given it much thought as to how Hazel's Liepard would have reacted once she'd got it back after all those years. I think you hit the nail on the head with 'cattitude' here! I'm not sure how Team Plazma would have treated their stolen pokemon, but they didn't come across as nice people, has to be said. You got across how difficult both emotionally and physically it was for Hazel to bond with Liepard. I'm glad it had a happy ending. If you ever decide to venture to write about her journey, I'll be happy to read that too =D

Really glad you liked the “cattitude”! (Which is a great way of describing cat characterization) I was also thinking about how that trainer-Pokemon dynamic would have worked out while it was still in Team Plasma (and ultimately what made it evolve), but I think that can be explored in another story!

And heh, let’s see about that! It’ll definitely be a sweet and calm journey (as compared to her brother being in-your-face and instinctive). Thanks for the review, DeliriousAbsol! And apologies for the late response.

diamondpearl876

Hi, there! Happy to see you around here again. :D A sequel to Dear Purrloin, was an adorable idea. Has it really been near 2 years since you wrote and posted that, though? My god, it feels like just yesterday.

And hey, we’ve both changed, right? I was only five years old when you… when I lost you, and now I’m eleven. So we both evolved and became bigger and stronger, but I’m still the same Hazel you know and you’re still the same Purrloin I know!

I like the parallel between Pokémon evolution and kids growing up. There's still the childish narration style present in Dear Purrloin, despite Hazel aging, but it works just as well here. You can still tell she's more mature and thinks differently than she used to, and the love she feels for Liepard and the sadness mixed with determination over earning Liepard's trust back is obvious and perfect. Didn't quite expect the shift in tone with Liepard's anger toward her trainer, but it's not totally surprising, really, given what they went through.

I know, I know, you won’t read this letter, but I’m practicing how to approach you so that I can do it better.

In the original, Purrloin wasn't even around, so a letter needed no explanation... and yeah, writing a letter to a Pokémon that's clearly around and can just be talked to is a tad strange, but this reasoning is sound. Actually gives me some ideas for Flying in the Dark. :p

One of my classmates said that she meows to her Meowth all the time, and her Meowth meows back like they’re talking to each other.

Amusing image. XD That's dedication, yo.

Hope to see more from you soon!!!

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Well, after that discussion of (adorable) cat behavior, I definitely had to go and see what you ultimately came up with! Short and sweet, this one. I like the premise, too; Hugh was so dead-set on recovering his sister's purrloin, but even though he succeeded, that doesn't mean that things are going to go back to the way they were, if they even can.

When Hugh left for his journey a year ago, he promised me that he’ll only come back when he found you.
For a story like this it's always difficult to differentiate between errors and mistakes made in order to get across the narrator's voice, but here I think you do want "he'd" instead of "he'll."

I know you don’t like the rod with the Raticate doll on it, so I’ve thrown it away, promise. I don’t want you crying and freaking out like that again.
This made me smile so hard. Getting terrified of something innocuous and freaking out is so totally cat. (Okay, well, a lot of animals, and small children, too, but it definitely rings true for a cat.)

The way this letter was written had me thinking Hazel was substantially younger than eleven. For the kind of language and sentence structure here, I'd have pegged her at eight or nine or so, max. By eleven I think most kids are beyond e.g. calling people "the mean thief."

She is a great narrator, though. It's refreshing to see somebody so upbeat in the face of difficulty and so willing to do whatever it takes to make her pokémon feel at ease. It's exactly the kind of reception someone would want after coming home after some traumatic event, I think; Hazel's supportive and actively interested in making Liepard feel better, but she's also willing to back off and let it have time to itself--she isn't smothering. It can be tough to handle your own feelings when you're trying to understand how someone else has changed, but it looks like Hazel's doing a good job of not letting them get in the way of her care for liepard.

So like I said, short and sweet. The length's definitely appropriate; you get across everything you need to, the character arc's simple but effective, and the story doesn't overstay its welcome. Nice work!

Super late to the party, but I really liked this! I would go so far as to say I think it's much better than Dear Purrloin,. I liked that story a lot too, but I think you captured a consistent voice for Hazel much better here, and the fact that she's older now I think allowed you to get out of the I'm-Writing-As-A-Little-Kid mindset a little bit.

As with Dear Purrloin,, my favorite part of this was Hazel's plain-faced optimism. She wishes things were better, but she's going to keep doing her best anyway because Liepard is Liepard/Purrloin no matter what. That it actually starts to pay off is the cherry on top, and I couldn't help but smile from the pure joy she gets out of just being able to pet him (her? I can't remember if you ever used pronouns for Liepard).

I don't really have any criticism, since like I said, I think you took the formula from Dear Purrloin, and improved on it. The expanded space from including multiple letters, the better handle on Hazel's writing, and a traceable story arc here all made it really effective! Great job!

Hi, there! Happy to see you around here again. :D A sequel to Dear Purrloin, was an adorable idea. Has it really been near 2 years since you wrote and posted that, though? My god, it feels like just yesterday.

And as you say that, it takes me half a year to reply to this. Yikes. But yes, Dear Purrloin, was much older than I thought! Ahaha. Time flies and such.

I like the parallel between Pokémon evolution and kids growing up. There's still the childish narration style present in Dear Purrloin, despite Hazel aging, but it works just as well here. You can still tell she's more mature and thinks differently than she used to, and the love she feels for Liepard and the sadness mixed with determination over earning Liepard's trust back is obvious and perfect. Didn't quite expect the shift in tone with Liepard's anger toward her trainer, but it's not totally surprising, really, given what they went through.

Thanks for saying that! It really is interesting, since we're seeing two characters who were hurt for similar reasons but came out of it really differently. I'm also glad you thought Hazel's voice was fitting here, since it was something I really wanted to improve from Dear Purrloin,!

In the original, Purrloin wasn't even around, so a letter needed no explanation... and yeah, writing a letter to a Pokémon that's clearly around and can just be talked to is a tad strange, but this reasoning is sound. Actually gives me some ideas for Flying in the Dark. :p

That's an instant win in my book! Thanks for the review, dp! :)

Well, after that discussion of (adorable) cat behavior, I definitely had to go and see what you ultimately came up with! Short and sweet, this one. I like the premise, too; Hugh was so dead-set on recovering his sister's purrloin, but even though he succeeded, that doesn't mean that things are going to go back to the way they were, if they even can.

For a story like this it's always difficult to differentiate between errors and mistakes made in order to get across the narrator's voice, but here I think you do want "he'd" instead of "he'll."

I'm not sure if I was able to properly thank you for that discussion, but really, as a clueless dog-owner, it was really helpful!

And yes, that's an error in my part. Will change it!

This made me smile so hard. Getting terrified of something innocuous and freaking out is so totally cat. (Okay, well, a lot of animals, and small children, too, but it definitely rings true for a cat.)

Heh, thanks! And I admit I had a lot of fun imagining a Liepard getting terrified by a Raticate and trying to describe it in Hazel's voice.

The way this letter was written had me thinking Hazel was substantially younger than eleven. For the kind of language and sentence structure here, I'd have pegged her at eight or nine or so, max. By eleven I think most kids are beyond e.g. calling people "the mean thief."

Great catch, and thanks for bringing this up. When I eventually revise this and its prequel, this is something I'm gonna be paying a lot of attention to, especially since I'm thinking of combining the two. I'll be sure to keep that in mind!

She is a great narrator, though. It's refreshing to see somebody so upbeat in the face of difficulty and so willing to do whatever it takes to make her pokémon feel at ease. It's exactly the kind of reception someone would want after coming home after some traumatic event, I think; Hazel's supportive and actively interested in making Liepard feel better, but she's also willing to back off and let it have time to itself--she isn't smothering. It can be tough to handle your own feelings when you're trying to understand how someone else has changed, but it looks like Hazel's doing a good job of not letting them get in the way of her care for liepard.

So like I said, short and sweet. The length's definitely appropriate; you get across everything you need to, the character arc's simple but effective, and the story doesn't overstay its welcome. Nice work!

Thank you! It was admittedly a breath of fresh air to write something with a happy ending given all of my other one-shots dealing with Team Plasma always ended sadly. I'm glad that optimism worked out well for you! Your reading of her character is pretty much what I wanted to convey, too!

Thanks again for the helpful review, Negrek! :)

Super late to the party, but I really liked this! I would go so far as to say I think it's much better than Dear Purrloin,. I liked that story a lot too, but I think you captured a consistent voice for Hazel much better here, and the fact that she's older now I think allowed you to get out of the I'm-Writing-As-A-Little-Kid mindset a little bit.

As with Dear Purrloin,, my favorite part of this was Hazel's plain-faced optimism. She wishes things were better, but she's going to keep doing her best anyway because Liepard is Liepard/Purrloin no matter what. That it actually starts to pay off is the cherry on top, and I couldn't help but smile from the pure joy she gets out of just being able to pet him (her? I can't remember if you ever used pronouns for Liepard).

I don't really have any criticism, since like I said, I think you took the formula from Dear Purrloin, and improved on it. The expanded space from including multiple letters, the better handle on Hazel's writing, and a traceable story arc here all made it really effective! Great job!

Super late to replying, too, so don't worry ahaha.

Thank you for saying that! I got a lot of very helpful feedback from Dear Purrloin, and I really wanted to make sure I got those right here. Sure, this could still use a lot of work, but I'm glad you thought her voice was consistent here!

I already replied to the optimism in my reply to Negrek's review above, but I'm glad it also worked well for you! And I'm definitely glad it made you smile, which is something I can't say for a lot of my other fics ahahaha. (And I didn't, but I should, actually.)

Thanks again for the review, Clockwork! :)