• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Death and Romance (Kiawe/Lana, K+)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Author: Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Fandom: Pokemon

Shipping: Kiawe/Kaki X Lana/Suiren

Rating: K+

(count: 1,001 words)

It was a somber day inside Paniola Ranch. Several months back, Rango had been diagnosed terminal liver cancer and only given a few months to live.

Now the day had come. Rango was on his deathbed, and his children and wife were at his side, as was a priest to carry Rango into the afterlife and a doctor to pronounce death when it came.

Rango began to speak his last words. "Mimo, you have been a good little girl through all this. You will grow up to be a strong woman and one day succeed Kiawe as a Trial Captain. Sima, you have been good to me all these years, don't forget about me when I am gone. Kiawe, you most important of all. You are the man of the ranch now. I expect you to take good care of things around here. I will see you all in the next life."

Rango stopped speaking, and the doctor came to feel his pulse. "Time of death, 10:42", the doctor said.

The priest said, "he is with Arceus now. If you wish to make funeral arrangements, meet with me at the church."

A few days later, the funeral for Rango was held, a large number of people who knew him as the head of the ranch came. Most importantly, everyone who knew Kiawe at the Pokemon School also came.

"Thank you, guys, you have no idea how much this means to me for you all to be here, especially you Lana," Kiawe said.

"It's really hard when a family member passes," Professor Kukui said.

"And we want nothing more than to be there in your time of need," Ash said.

"We all know how much your father meant to you Kiawe," Mallow said

"So it would have been rude of all of us not to show up here today," Lillie said.

"You need all the love and support you can get," Sophocles said.

"And I will give you all my love right on demand," Lana said.

"Again, thanks guys for coming to the funeral," Kiawe said.

With all the mourners sat down in their seats, Kiawe went up to the podium to give his eulogy for his father.

"My father was a hard-working man for his entire life. He did this on multiple fronts – working on the family ranch, and raising a family. He began his association with the family ranch as a young child working for my grandfather.

As he got older, he worked his way up the company ladder. When my grandfather passed on, my father became company president.

One day, he met the person that became my mother, and she began taking care of the Pokemon on the ranch, but more importantly, through her, I entered his life, and later, so did Mimo. For the rest of his life dad worked hard to provide for this family, giving me and Mimo jobs at the ranch even.

When we all found out that he had cancer and only a few months left to live, naturally, we were all devastated, but we made the last few months of his life the best. And now he is in a better place. I'm going to continue our family legacy as the new president of the ranch."

After the funeral, Kiawe returned to the family farm. Lana followed him there.

Lana said to him, "hey, how are you doing?"

Kiawe said, "oh I'm doing OK considering I've just buried father. It's going to be tough without him around."

Lana said, "yeah, I can imagine."

Kiawe said, "he showed my family a lot of things, now I'm going to be the man of the ranch. Between that, Trial Captain, and Pokemon School I'm going to have a real busy life."

Lana said, "it's not all bad, you have your friends, but most importantly, you have me, the one girl you turn to when you need to get something off your chest."

Kiawe said, "yeah Lana, I don't know what I would do without you in my life. You've been the most good to me out of all the fellow students in the Pokemon School, especially the girls. I'd love to have you as my wife so that we could have children to pass the family business onto."

Lana said, "I'd love that too, there's still a lot of living left to do before we get to that though. We are pretty young still."

Kiawe said, "young we are. I wonder what's gonna happen when we all graduate from the Pokemon School?"

Lana said, "I don't know, we will just have to wait and find out what happens when it comes to that point, won't we?"

Kiawe said, "that we will."

Lana and Kiawe talked for a good long while about many things. They really enjoyed being in the company of one another. Some friendships just are stronger than others. They get stronger to the point of romantic feelings developing between a man and a woman.

Lana and Kiawe have gotten to that point already, but they are young people, and still have much to do before they can even consider the idea of getting married.

One thing they haven't done yet is tell everyone else they know that they are lovers. They plan to do so when the time is right. They want to keep it between themselves for right now, because to them, keeping a secret is actually fun in this regard.

They also don't know how everyone else will take the news that the two of them are an item. Will it come as a surprise, a shock? Will they be happy for them? They have to be prepared for every possibility that they can imagine.

Two people they that they aren't ready to tell are Lana's sisters. They might just get a little too excited at the idea of their sister being in a romantic relationship with a boy. Lana doesn't want that now does she? She probably does not want that.